“Excellent stay”

Ranked #1 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Boyertown, United States
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My Cousin and approximately 30 of our family members stayed at this hotel and everything went wonderfully! The rooms were very accommodating and clean. The Breakfast was hot and cold. There were many choices of restaurants in this area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Hotel is very nice but the staff is not friendly. Had a very rude check in experience which ruined the entire stay. The complimentary breakfast was nice but steer clear of the eggs. Really close to Hurstbourne Country Club which was very convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodEast, Manager at Homewood Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us and that we were not able to provide you with and exceptional stay. I was especially disappointed to read from your review that our staff did not provide you the professional and courteous treatment you deserve. I can assure you this is very unusual to happen and I’ve made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to respect our guests and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.

Amanda Goodin
Assistant General Manger
Homewood Suites by Hilton Louisville East
Huber Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is the second time that my wife and I have stayed at the Homewood Suites Louisville East. We chose this hotel again because we had a pleasant stay the first time, the rooms are new and impressive, and the location is very convenient.

Specifically, I always request a room with a shower instead of a bath. At 6’6” it is difficult to find a hotel shower in which I don’t have to duck in order to use. This hotel has a decently tall and large shower that suits my needs. Additionally, I found the room to be quite new and the bed to be very comfortable.

The location is quite conveniently located in relation to the Hurstbourne Parkway and Shelbyville Road commercial area. It is not very far of a drive to both the Oxmoor Mall and the Mall at St. Matthews. The only issue with the location is the traffic that perpetually exists (day and night) on both Hurstbourne and Shelbyville. The hotel backs up the University of Louisville Shelby Campus which is more of business park now than a satellite campus. As was noted in another review, this area is useful for walking / jogging purposes and is normally very quiet.

The only issue that I heard from another guest was that the location can be a bit difficult to find a night. The signage for the hotel is not very visible from northbound or southbound Hurstbourne. Also, the hotel is behind a small commercial shopping center that obscures the front of the hotel from the street. I would suggest that the hotel invest in better signage at some point in order to alleviate this problem.

Overall, this hotel earned a solid average rating. I would certainly stay at this hotel again when in Louisville for an extended period of time.

Room Tip: If you are tall, request a room with a shower.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave_in_Huber
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed four nights. It rained a lot. The room got flooded, the toilet overflowed, and some of the amenities like the dryer did not work properly but the staff went above and beyond. They upgraded our room, always made us feel welcome, gave us refunds on the coin operated machines, and fixed a superb breakfast. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if the room has a tub or a shower if that if important to you. If you stay on a wee...
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend. The staff was wonderful but it seemed that if there was something wrong with the facility we found it. Here's what I mean. The alarm clock display didn't work and neither did most of the other clock functions. The first evening there was a tremendous thunderstorm, a real frog strangler but no flooding . . . except in our room. I discovered it in the morning when my bare feet hit cold squish as I went to open the window shades. Ugh.

We notified the front desk who promptly got on top of it. We were to be out the entire day so they asked us to double check with them before heading back to the room to see if we'd have to be moved. Indeed we did have to move up to the second floor.

In the new room, which was a complimentary upgrade, the alarm clock worked and the floor was dry. But . . . the toilet wouldn't flush properly. A call to the front desk netted a plunger which helped only slightly. In the morning we again notified the front desk that the toilet was on a labor strike. And again, they got right on it and the problem was fixed by the time we returned that evening. Awesome! . .

. . .Until I needed to run a quick laundry load the next morning. The dryer didn't work so my clothes got a 45 min air fluff but came back wet and thus I left with wet garments on my body. We again notified the front desk who again got right on it and insisted on refunding the $1 we had spent. A classy and appreciated move though not at all necessary.

Then, for some reason the TV signal went goofy. It took forever for channels to change. Then on about one of every four stations which previously worked, without reason the station would either tune in then scramble then go black or it simply wouldn't tune in at all. Weird. Not a deal breaker but worth mentioning in the context of the other issues which arose. I didn't mention this to the front desk because I was afraid of wearing out my welcome.

Lastly, our upgraded room was nice, clean and comfortable. But for you germ-a-phobes, the ceiling over the tub/shower had a crop of mold just beginning to take hold. I think they used the wrong paint during the last remodel.

On the positive side, the breakfasts were very tasty with plenty of choices. The pool and hot tub were a nice respite as well. The bed in the first room was not as comfortable as the second room, possibly more worn. But the second one was just fine. And I cannot say enough about how polite and courteous we found every staff member, include the housekeeping.

I would stay there again because, as they say, once you have addressed everything that can go wrong, things will work just fine. I just think that sometimes no matter how hard you try you're gonna get snake bit. This was our turn.

Room Tip: For outdoor walking/running, this place is right near a satellite college campus with lots of sidewa...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We loved everything about this hotel except the VERY HARD beds. The staff was super friendly, the breakfast was great and the rooms were very clean. I would recommend it to my friends that travel to Louisville often.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Springdale, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great Hotel, especially for the price. It was in a very good location for the business I needed to handle in Louisville. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to visit Louisville again. All rooms being suites are nice. The beds could be a little better. But not all beds can be like the real Hilton.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business