“Frustrated”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Frustrated”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I was in Loisvill for 4 days. Each day I called the Kentucky Center and Brown Theatre. My phone call was never answered by a live person.A recording stated the box office was closed and gave my different numbers to push. Of course the recording never stated what their box office hours were...that might actually been helful ! The voice mail menu gave various numbers to push...the one for directions and location was NEVER answered. The number they said to push for information on a show was not answered by a person or by a recording....after a few minutes holding the line disconnected. I feel sorry for the non- profit group that was staging a production. They clearlyy lost ticket sales . When i walked to the Center on Saturday night( I got directions from the Brown HoteI) I was able to get into the fortress and could hear the musical Circus Circus but no one around to buy a ticket. I was late but would have been happy to pay full price. An employee explained to me that the box office existed primarily to sell tickets for the Broadway series. I wish their recording had just said so. I would have avoided a lot of phone call and made alternative plans for Saurday night. Luckily I walked over to Hotel 21 E and enjoyed a great dinner.How sad that a Brodway series is given such great favortism over local productions.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank frankhoustonTexas

West Lafayette
138 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Great acoustics, comfortable feel”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Our first visit to the Brown Theatre was to see Diana Krall on July 15. From row V in middle of the main floor we got the more intimate experience (in this 2,000-seat venue) appropriate to a jazz combo. The overall interior design and layout of the hall is pleasing, sight lines are excellent, all instruments and vocals were crisp and clear. Although I'm not impressed with the exterior design, the theatre is located near the riverfront, convenient to parking and restaurants. It was disappointing that a nearby public plaza (with George Rogers Clark statue visible from the street) overlooking the Ohio River was poorly maintained.

Visited July 2012
Lanesville, Indiana
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Nice Little Theatre”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

It's small but very nice. The facility is clean and well maintained. I feel tht they offer shows and concerts that can be done well in the space they offer. Thus far, my family and I have yet to have a bad experience here. We very much look forward to attending our next show.

Visited October 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“KY Center -- Enjoy the Shows There”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Just went to see Bill maher do live stand-up at the KY Center. Have been there at least five times now. Always a good place for a show.

Visited June 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
“Always is a treat to go see a Broadway play”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The plays that I have seen have always been very good. There is not a bad seat in the house. For the very popular shows, I would suggest booking a couple months in advance.