“Great Venue; Not a Bad Seat in the House”

The Kentucky Center and Brown Theatre
IN
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Great Venue; Not a Bad Seat in the House”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Saw the Jersey Boys on 11-27-12 - the show was FABULOUS! Now for the theatre itself - very nice and clean, seating comfortable with enough leg room and not a bad seat in the house. My son bought my husband and me tickets for our anniversary; we were in the balcony in the very middle - and had a great view! I prefer balcony seats anyway, because I think you get a better view; not as close - but better, like from a bird's eye view. The audio in the bldg is very good, also.

2 Thank Indybindy

Dayton, Ohio
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Christmas Concert”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We visited here over the weekend to see a Holiday Orchestra Concert. The Building is well laid out and there were several staff members available to assist people. We liked that the ushers did not let people come in until between songs which reduced distractions, as well as the hallway which was closed off from the auditorium so people can walk down to their row area without bothering everyone else.Seating was a little tight but still comfortable. The only downside was that there is no center isle, just long rows which makes it hard for everyone to get in or out especially during intermission. Overall they did an excellent job of putting on the show and we had a nice evening. Family friendly. They advertised several off broadway shows and we would definitely go back. Easy access and ample parking in a garage close by with decent rates for downtown was a plus.

Baltimore, MD and NYC
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Opera at the Brown”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We have now been to 2 operas at the Brown. My wife is from NYC and grew up going to the Met and she loves it here. There are subtitles on a landscape-type monitor well above the stage so it's not distracting. The talent is great. Many of the performers travel around the US and elsewhere.
Convenience of getting in and out by either valet right in front of the Brown Theatre, the hotel lot or just parking across the street makes it very simple and convenient. There are multiple bars at the theatre and you are allowed to bring drinks back to your seat.
It's beautiful and vintage inside. Overall, convenience, atmosphere and talent make this a winner. Highly recommend.

Louisville, Kentucky
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not a bad seat”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Saw two plays within the course of two months and sat in different parts of the theatre (one close to stage; other in grand tier). Save your money and get the cheaper seat. This place is fantastic view for all seats

Visited October 2012
2 Thank rm1032004
Louisville, Kentucky
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“AWESOME”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I love theater, I love going to the theater and I love going to the Kentucky Center. They have very good shows and wonderful decor, inviting and relaxing. I always enjoy my night at the show!

Visited September 2012