“The Central Park B&B where Breakfast is Art on a Plate !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Central Park Bed and Breakfast

Central Park Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Amherstburg, Canada
“The Central Park B&B where Breakfast is Art on a Plate !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was our first destination on a 9 City, 7 State road trip and it was assuredly the best start we could have asked for ! Robert was quite helpful when I made the booking and it was quite the experience, 3 months later, to enter this exquisite Victorian Home where you are warmly welcomed by hosts, Robert & Eva. We found our room on the second floor very spacious with a lovely bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. We were able to peek in on a few other rooms (when guests left) and they were also decorated beautifully. I don't think you can choose a bad room. We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay especially the delicious breakfast served to you like royalty in the beautifully appointed dinning room. Everyday a different delight for the palate by Eva whose cooking not only fills and satisfies the body but comes to you as "Art on a Plate" thus filling the soul as well ! We can say that this B&B is conveniently located with only a short drive to most attractions and provides an opportunity for a lovely walk in the historic district. You can't go wrong with hosts Robert & Eva who are ready to help you with reservations, information on Louisville and more. For the most value you will ever have for your dollars don't pass up this "GEM" in Louisville where Breakfast is "Art on a Plate" !

Room Tip: We had no problem with our room on the second floor facing the park, however from other comments pos...
1 Thank Michelle W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Columbiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

From the moment I made the reservation, this was the BEST Experience! Gorgeous Home! So much care and pride taken in making this experience all and more than you want it to be.
Clean, comfortable, hospitality -exceptional and the Breakfast was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Could not wait to see what Eva was passionately cooking up to share with her guests each morning. Never the same thing and always thinking " This is the BEST Ever"!!! We loved everything about this B&B. Wonderful location, convenient to everything. It was a treat to stay in the heart of Old Louisville and be so pampered by the owners and Inn Keepers Robert and Eva. We feel like we have found our home away from home when visiting Louisville.
This was an excellent experience and I look forward to returning and sharing my wonderful experience with friends and Family.
This was TRULY an Awesome Blessing!!!! A REAL Treat!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Great location, beautiful home and furnishings. Our room was huge and lovely, but had a bathroom inside of it. It was obviously built into the room at some point and the bathroom walls did not extend to the ceiling - i.e., you could hear everything.

The bed was very comfortable. However, we got little sleep here. We were on the 2nd floor and could hear everything above us. We could hear all the street noise of people talking late at night (it was a weekend). The worst, however, was our neighbors in the room next door all 3 nights. The first night the neighbors played the TV so loudly that we felt like we were in a movie theatre. We had to knock on their door twice around 1 a.m. and finally they turned it down. The next two nights we could hear a gentlemen operating a sawmill as though he were in our bed.

Street parking was plentiful. The breakfast is delicious and huge. The hosts are very friendly and proud of their business. Perhaps other rooms are much quieter, but we would not stay here again. We have stayed in other inns, such as Two Meeting Street Inn in Charleston, and had no noise problems like this. I would recommend asking for a 3rd floor room away from the street, and maybe you can avoid this.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RamblinDixie
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I spent two delightful nights at the Central Park Bed and Breakfast. What a beautiful historic property that has been meticulously restored and furnished with period antiques! The hosts thought of everything. The room was lovely with a very comfortable bed and room to spread out. The bathroom was sparkling clean and equipped with all amenities. And then there was the gourmet breakfast! I cannot even begin to describe the delicious breakfast that was prepared by the owner. From luscious baked plums to an amazing peach french toast soufflé, it was fabulous. My only problem was that I couldn't eat it all!! The hosts did all that they could to make this a most enjoyable stay. It was definitely one of the best bed and breakfasts we have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Because of the thick walls of the old home, all rooms would be quiet. Our room was most comfortable...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Bob and Eva assured us a satisfactory stay. It was beyond satisfactory. We had an amazing time. Their attention to detail blew the Galt House away! The place was immaculate! We felt like royals! I will definitely be returning! I showed picture to my folks and they are sold! You will not regret this experience. It was worth every penny.

• Stayed October 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I were married in Louisville three days ago, and we decided a few months back that instead of honeymooning in a hotel, we would stay at a bed and breakfast. Being locals (that were a bit short of coin at the time), a honeymoon in our home town sounded just the ticket. With the help of my soon-to-be-mother-in-law, we booked at Central Park B&B, and enjoyed a three-night stay at the coziest place I think I have ever visited. Originally, we were booked for two nights, but we had such a great time, we asked to stay for a third night, to which Robert and Eva kindly obliged. The furniture is beautiful and museum-quality, the breakfasts were exquisite (and delicious, of course), and both of us had an enormous amount of trouble getting out of the absurdly comfortable beds (I had NO idea the mattresses would come with memory-foam-toppers--so yes, amazing beds, which I cannot complement enough). I will admit, one of my favorite things was being able to stay around Halloween, because the Halloween decor around the house was absolutely adorable. The entire house was so quiet most of the time, we had no idea until the second day that anyone else was actually staying there! At first, I was a bit nervous to sit at a large table with all the other collective guests, that being my first B&B and all, but everyone was very friendly, and they even gave us newly-weds some marriage advice. I suppressed a giggle at the other younger folks sitting at the single tables, because I was very tempted to yell "hey, come over here and join the group!" All-in-all, Robert and Eva (and Jackie, as well) were so welcoming and warm to us, and I can't wait to book again for our first anniversary next year. My only regret is that I was really interested in playing the piano in the common room for everyone, but I tend to let my shyness get the better of me sometimes. So if you are looking for a place to stay, please consider Central Park B&B--you will not regret it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the St. James room, which was roomy and luxurious. All of the rooms are beautiful, thou...
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I just returned from staying two nights at Central Park Bed and Breakfast and it was a winner for sure. I came to Louisville for a conference but the conference hotel sold out before I made my reservation. I turned to Select Registry to find a local b&b that was close to the conference and within my meager travel allowance. How surprised and now, how happy, am I that Central Park fit those criteria and delivered much, much more. I came in a stranger and left feeling like I made friends. Bob and Eva were very generous with their time and Eva's breakfasts...amazingly delicious and healthy. Do yourself and your pocketbook a favor and stay there. You won't regret it. And make sure you walk around the neighborhood. It is full of restored Victorian mansions, many as beautiful as their house.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business