“We would never stay anywhere else - it was fantastic.”

Central Park Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Harrison Township, Michigan
“We would never stay anywhere else - it was fantastic.”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It was our first B&B and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. We came for the Derby and all the big hotels were booked. It couldn't have worked out any better. I wasn't sure what to expect but this place exceeded everything. I was a little unsure about sitting around with strangers but it was truly relaxing. We shared some laughs and had a wonderful breakfast with them every morning. I could write a whole separate review on just Eva's cooking. It was over the top amazing. Bob was so thoughtful and knowledgable about everything. He had so many tips for us. The house was so beautiful. The pictures would never show the detail. You can tell how much they care. Jackie was there for all our housekeeping needs. I hugged her when we left. She's a gem. Even Cinderella the chihuahua had a beautiful princess type bed. I have to say I'm usually not the type to stay off the beaten path but I wouldn't go anywhere else when we go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Central Park Suite. But we toured most of the others. They were all unique and beau...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank liswhitman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Central Park Bed and Breakfast is a gem in beautiful Old Louisville. Set among the lovely Victorians gracing Central Park and Millionaire's Row, this charming mansion is perfectly located for exploring the quaint river city, though once we checked in we really didn't want to leave. Bob and Eva are warm and welcoming, inviting guests into their beautifully decorated home. We savored every moment of our overnight stay, including drinks on the back porch and long soak in the jetted tub in our beautifully appointed St. James Suite. We woke up feeling rested after our slumber in the cozy king size memory foam bed this morning. Then, we were refreshed with the delicious breakfast prepared and served by our thoughtful hosts. Everything about the Central Park B&B feels special. I can hardly wait to come back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank QueenBeeTN
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed in the carriage house at the Central Park B&B for an evening after a long and adventurous road trip.

The main house is wonderfully kept, decorated to the nines, fantastic stained glass and period detailing, wonderful to take in. Pay very close attention to the small details and look up before knocking.

Had we arrived earlier in the evening, we would have taken advantage of the comfy looking back verandah and mini bar / snack area in the main house. This is a welcoming social accompaniment to the ambience of the home. Note to self, get there earlier next time.

The carriage house has a fully functioning Kitchen, stove, fridge and a great coffee maker and a small table for two; nice big TV and a great seating area.
I truly appreciated the separate entrance with access through a locked side gate so not to disturb anyone else in the house returning from a late dinner; however I may check the main house for the evening next trip.

Comfortable bed, great linens and all amenities required; a well appointed bathroom.
Breakfast was great, I take it is often different from the breakfast before.
Eva loves cooking it seems; the cherry soup .. sublime.
Bob was super friendly and informative and Eva very genuine, lovely.

I will definitely be heading back on my next visit to Louisville, hopefully this summer.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Shepherdsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have lived in Kentuckiana all my life, and never knew such elegance was tucked away in downtown Louisville! My husband and I needed a little getaway and were very pleased with Central Park B&B. Bob and Eva are so friendly and have done an amazing job decorating this lovely home. Everything is so clean! We stayed in the St. James room. Beautiful bed and furnishings, large bathroom with a 2 person jacuzzi, robes, and bath SHEETS! There is a TV and fireplace in the bedroom AND bathroom. Plenty of snacks and drinks available, large selection of DVDs and blurays. Breakfast was the best I've ever had at a B&B or restaurant. Eva is truly a gourmet cook. We had poached pears in a raspberry sauce with sweet cream and berries. Then tasty scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, homemade cream biscuits, and a french toast souffle with raspberry and peaches. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, would return, and definitely recommend to all!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ming74
Germantown, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Central Park B&B is located right in the heart of a beautifully preserved old section of Louisville. We only had to cross the park to find ourselves walking past one gorgeous house after another. The B&B itself is part of that preservation tradition. Bob and Eva Wessels have lovingly decorated their 3-story residence which dates from the 19th century. Fresh baked cookies and beverages are always available. Luxurious rooms with beautiful, spacious bathrooms. Eva prepares fantastic breakfasts that will last you for the entire day. Bob and Eva are both friendly, welcoming hosts with a genuiine love for both the town and their neighborhood. A great experience.
-- Ralph Arlyck

2 Thank RArlyck
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was my first time staying at a Bed and Breakfast. My fiancé and I just wanted to get away for a few nights and found Central Park B & B on the internet. We stayed in the carriage house and it was perfect!! We were very impressed with everything about this place from the moment we walked in. I feel like it couldn't get any better than this. I made my next reservation at check out, that's how great this place was. I would like to thank Eva and Bob. They were the nicest people and they made us feel so at home. The breakfast was also wonderful!!

Room Tip: We love the carriage house
4 Thank Marilyn N
Bland
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Robert and Eva were perfect hosts; Absolutely beautiful room, terry robes, luxurious linens, and unlimited wonderful treats available - chocolates, cookies, nuts, water, soda, bourbon, wine, etc. and the most incredible breakfast that I have ever had made be Eva. Many B & B's serve a single plate, Eva had 3 separate servings of wonderful dishes, WOW Parking on street and in back, convenient and easy. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Several rooms to choose from, but we had to the chose peacock because it was the last room availabl...
3 Thank 1steinmetz