“Louisville B&B a great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Columbine Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
Columbine Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Louisville B&B a great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

You want a night in luxury, this pristine Louisville home and B&B is the way to go. The rooms are huge, the hosts are great, and it is situated in the middle of everything. Enjoy a trip to Churchill Downs, to a show, or a fair, or to a college hoops game, its all around the corner. It is the place to stay in Louisville. We will be Back! Anita

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anita L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Columbine. The room was perfect and the breakfast amazing! Rich was a great host and helped me to find my way around Louisville. I was in town attending a conference that was located downtown and the Inn was in close proxmity to everything I needed. It was a cheap ride back and forth, easily accessible bus lines and I even walked back to the B & B on one of the nice days. If you get in late and are looking for some food there are plently of places around in walking distance. If I am ever in Louisville again~ I will definitely be staying at the Columbine!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Amanda W
Bloomington, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

My sisters and I along with our 88 year old mother have stayed at the Columbine Inn every October for the past 7 years. The rooms are extra clean, the breakfast is hot and delicious, and Rich is an accommodating, kind and entertaining host. One of the things I love about this property is that, even though it is a historic home located on a beautiful stretch of 3rd street in Old Louisville, it is decorated in a modern/vintage/eclectic way instead of a stodgy Victorian way. It's not dark and dreary. It's decorated to show the owners' personalities and, as a result, is warm and inviting. If a traveler is looking for a B&B experience in Louisville, the Columbine will provide one of the best ones you can have. You'll be comfortable, you'll meet interesting guests, and you'll love the food. But, most importantly, you'll love your hosts and want to return again.

Room Tip: The Duncan Suite is big and luscious but you need to be prepared to walk up 2 flights of stairs. It...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Weyes1
North Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I enjoyed my stay, room was comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. The place is an interesting heritage house, so fun to look at. I had business at the university and the location was just great--about ten minutes away.

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Claudia C
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at the Columbine while visiting family and attending Bunbury Theater. Rich, the innkeeper is very welcoming, a great host and conversationalist! The room was very comfortable; the breakfast delicious; the conversation interesting; and the inn beautiful, especially with the holiday decorations. We would highly recommend a stay at the Columbine!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen E
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

A glimpse into the past of a wealthy Louisville magnate mixed with warm hospitality and humor of the friendly hosts and owners. Exquisite Belize mahogany lines the dining room. Spacious comfortable and elegant, rich in history and art. Relaxing and engaging. The house is storied with collections of art and craftsman furnishings. The garden out back is a lovely retreat with coi pond and well groomed native plants, honey bees and flowers. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda B
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I were visiting friends in Louisville in September 2011. Instead of putting our friends 'out', hubby and I decided to stay in a B&B. We chose the Columbine.

Rich is the innkeeper/owner. What a insightful and intelligent man he was. Hubby and I very much enjoyed our morning chats with him. As for the morning breakfast, I have dietary restrictions, and Rich worked wonders in the kitchen every morning to accommodate me. The room and bathroom we had was clean, neat and nicely appointed. The bed was very comfortable too!

One evening, my hubby and I sipped coffee, talked and just relaxed in one of the sitting rooms downstairs. One of the most enjoyable evenings I had in Louisville. I cannot recommend this B&B enough.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple