“Perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
Columbine Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here in celebration of our 15th anniversary. We could not have chosen a better place! This was our first experience staying at a bed and breakfast and it was wonderful. The owners/ Inn keepers were perfect host. Our breakfast was wonderful, our room was wonderful, our bathroom was wonderful. Everything about this house was wonderful. This is a very beautiful home with so much character. As we entered this home, we felt at home. This was a home away from home. I loved the antiques in this home,the many sitting areas and the stunning dining room table! I have stayed in many hotels in the past, and none of those hotels surpassed the quality of service we received this past weekend. We will definitely be back. I've already recommended this place to my parents and my friends! I would like to thank Richard and Bob for a perfect weekend, thank you for preparing our meals according to our dietary restrictions. That alone is a huge deal and is greatly appreciated. With my husbands Celiacs disease and my acid reflux, we have struggled so many times in the past trying to get a good breakfast while traveling. Thank you for your many stories, very enjoyable. Thank you for the warmth you all gave us this past weekend. Thank you for sharing your home with us! We will be back.

Also, I forgot to mention the beautiful garden in the back. Everything about this place is 5 star. I would definitely recommend this place to couples,families, singles.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TonifromOhio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Shaker Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We spent one night in Louisville this weekend, and echo all of the positive sentiments and experiences of your other reviewers concerning Columbine! The house is beautifully restored and maintained. Rich is an informative, solicitous, attentive, and very engaging host. We stayed in the Magnolia Room on a very hot, humid night and couldn't have been more comfortable. Comfortable bed (double, not queen), good night's sleep. Rich's French Toast was amazing! This was an excellent choice, a very good value, and we would certainly return if ever our travels take us again to Louisville.

One warning: when you call for reservations, you'll get Rich on his cell phone --- poor connection, but don't let that put you off!

Room Tip: Magnolia Room is spacious and --- unlike some of the other rooms --- has its own in-suite bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ddraj5
gapyeong, soko
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were not expecting to be this blown away by the Columbine or Louisville. From the moment we stepped in the Columbine - a grand piano, beautiful stained glass, collections from around the world, etc. etc. we were wow-ed. The inn-keeper was very welcoming and informative. The house has lots of charm and character, also many nooks to hang out; porches, decks, garden. The location is among other mansions on 3rd street and not too far from St. James and Belgravia Courts. Louisville is a very charming place to visit for those who have never visited. Things that are a must: The Belle of Louisville, The Big 4 Bridge walk at dusk, NuLu, Mansion walking tours, BBQ, and more! And how could we forget the 10 star breakfasts at the B&B that were delicious but not too over the top. Thanks Rich - we'll be back!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ellesse505
ColumbineBB, Owner at Columbine Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our bed and breakfast! We are very proud of our inn and feel incredibly lucky to have shared our home with so many wonderful people over the last 10 years. Your opinions are very important to me and I appreciate you taking the time to share them with other travelers. It is especially important and reinforcing to me as an innkeeper because you wrote the review of your own volition. I enjoy being an innkeeper and take pride in my work. I chose to buy and operate a bed and breakfast because I enjoy assisting travelers and hosting people in our home. I really value feedback from my customers for my own personal growth and the benefits to future guests. I do not solicit reviews for this reason as I believe it offers me an unintentionally biased review and that does not help me grow as an innkeeper nor does it give a user of tripadvisor completely unbiased information. So to you and the other guests who have taken the time to review the Columbine because you wanted to...my sincerest thank you and I hope to see you all again soon!
Shalimar, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Upon arrival, you will be awed by the beautiful home. It is visually enchanting and has many warm and welcoming amenities. The hosts are interesting and knowledgeable. The b&b has restaurants within walking distance and parking at the site.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Andrea T
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I wanted to take my (now) fiance away for the weekend to propose to her, and looked for someplace special. I got incredibly lucky that I settled on the Columbine. The mansion and surroundings were elegant and interesting and the breakfasts have spoiled me on french toast from here on out. Seriously, incredible food. And to top that all off, Rich was an excellent host. There to provide interesting story after interesting story when you wanted, but not intrusive if you're looking to spend some quiet time.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Magnolia room. Would highly recommend it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kevin L
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 June 2013

A wonderful inn and innkeeper! Rich was the perfect host serving wonderful breakfasts and always ready for a chat. This inn was comfortable and full of antebellum charm. Our bed in the third floor guest room was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. We were a quick and easy cab ride from downtown as well as the Highlands neighborhood and could easily walk to the University of Louisville campus.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emptynester3395
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 June 2013

What a well-maintained and stunning piece of Louisville architecture! We had a very private room on the third floor and slept in an amazingly comfortable bed. I loved walking through the house and checking out the artwork and stained glass. Rich, the innkeeper, is pretty funny and always spinning a story. Breakfasts were hearty and well presented. The neighborhood itself is great for walking and taking in the old buildings and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Top floor "E" is quiet and private - especially if nobody is in the other two rooms on tha...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple