“Best B &B experience ever - Gallery House”
Review of Gallery House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
Gallery House
Ranked #15 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Sherman Oaks, CA
“Best B &B experience ever - Gallery House”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This was our first time in Kentucky and Leah and Gordon provided the framing for a wonderful stay in Louisville. From the accommodations/location and the breakfasts (Leah is a chef among lots of other things), to the information and openness of our hosts, this was an outstanding experience. True to its name the "Gallery" house is tastefully adorned with a variety of art pieces/pictures. Gordon himself is an artist and many of his works grace the walls. This is the only place we will ever stay when visiting Louisville and surrounding areas.

Room Tip: There are 3 guest rooms. All are well-appointed and immaculately clean.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This is an attractive B&B, with comfortable, attractive accommodations. The extensive original art work is especially lovely. The location is very good. We gave 3 stars because the innkeepers are uncommunicative and unwelcoming. The frostiness starts when you call to make your reservation, and you are instructed to do all of your business on the website. This typifies the friendliness you will receive for the rest of your stay, and this is important to us in our B&B visits.

Room Tip: We liked the Rose Room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan A
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 13 September 2012

In reference to the other reviews, be friendly and open to other people and you will have a good time at a bed and breakfast.

We stayed here for one night, and let me tell you, they are not lying when they say that a chef will cook you food in the morning. I stuffed myself (and the owners were polite enough to act like my gluttony was normal haha) - the waffles I had were homemade and so good. My partner said his breakfast (which included meat so I did not try it) was also unbelievably good. Leah owns a food truck which is super cool. Gordon is an art teacher as well as an Art History PHD and art collector as well as a painter. They have a really nice collection (check out the wood carving in the dining room!) and Gordon is happy to talk to you about it. The cats are also so cute, friendly, downright doe-eyed; they must be spoiled on attention from guests because they will give you such a look when you stop petting them! The only thing is that the room could have used a desk of some sort. We had a laptop that we had to put on the bed to use together and a desk would have made things easier. Service - great, everything clean, food - dreamy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Northbrook, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I just returned from The Gallery, and both agree it is one of the best places to stay in Old Louisville for quality surroundings at reasonable prices. The Western Room we stayed in was charming, clean, and packed with convenience items, such as an ironing board and iron, refrigerator, electric kettle, plenty of soap, shampoo and conditioner, and a device that creates restful background sounds, like ocean waves and mountain streams . The bed was very comfortable with high quality sheets, and everything was impeccably clean. The best part, however, was Leah's wonderful breakfasts. Three choices are provided, and everything is freshly baked. Pecan waffles with real maple syrup, homemade blueberry muffins, delicious omelets and egg skillets, as well as a hearty oatmeal with dried fruit, are some of the dishes we enjoyed. We also appreciated Gordon's helpful manner and dry sense of humor, and all the interesting art and artifacts displayed throughout the house. We are looking forward to our next stay at The Gallery, and the pleasant hospitality provided by Gordon and Leah.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed at Gallery House for a weekend getaway. After reading some of the other reviewers' comments I was a little apprehensive, but I am happy to say that we had a great experience. The prices were very reasonable, and the house was located close to area attractions. The house itself was very clean and quiet, with refrigerators in room and a stocked snack table was located on the second floor, where the guest rooms are. Each night, a meal card appeared, where guests could select their breakfast choices, and both breakfasts that we had were excellent; the fact that a cooked-to-order hot breakfast was included really put the value over the top. Gordon and Leah take care to make sure that their guests have what they need; I forgot to pack toothpaste, and all I had to do was ask, and Gordon brought a small tube to our room. Gordon and Leah also provide a very nice guide to area attractions, restaurants, and unique neighborhoods, so finding things to do was a breeze.

If you are looking for a nice, clean place to stay in Louisville, the Gallery House provides great value for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2012

It was horrendous! To own a B&B you need to be friendly, sociable, and helpful people. MY fiance'(boyfriend at the time) went for our 3 year anniversary. When Gordon(I think that was his name..I can't remember..I think I must be repressing it) opened the door and asked what we were celebrating he started asking questions about how we weren't married, but were going to be sharing one room. He started quoting bible verses and we were very offended. The Western room was extremely unattractive, but was really the least of our concerns. Their website says, "owned by an artist and a chef" that is a lie. Gordon and Leah just filled the house with mostly bright, tacky, art that looked like it all came from a surf shop in Florida, but yet again not a huge deal. THE BREAKFAST WAS AWFUL! It doesn't show their breakfast menu on the site and that is because Leah is a wanna be chef and it is awful! We were looking forward to bacon, eggs, maybe a waffle? NO! Leah only offered 3 breakfast choices that were all terrible tasting and not what you would expect. I am an adventurous eater, but breakfast at a B&B should be good and hearty. The options were freakish, it seemed like Leah was trying to be artsy, but it was a pathetic attempt at awful food. I read a review before I went that Gordon gave off an axe murderer vibe, and I dismissed it because of all the positive feedback..(which I know think Leah and Gordon wrote)..I should have listened. Both Leah and Gordon(especially Gordon) are hostile and unfriendly. I will never stay there again, and next time I won't be so cheap and I will pay $150 for a nice B&B in a REAL historic house(not a new house that looks like one), and that offers a good breakfast!

Please take head to my warning, it literally ruined our anniversary.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in the Western Room and it was decorated poorly and had no view.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HayleyPotter
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed at the Gallery House on more than one ocassion. The last time I called by telephone to ask about room availability, I was told (with curt hostility) to "go on line to see what's available." I would like to remind people in the service industry that not everyone is on-line at all times and sometimes a simple phone call with a friendly voice on the other end is the best customer service a potential customer could hope for, and is much appreciated when a laptop is not at one's disposal. Needless to say, I didn't "go on-line" to look up availablity when the owner would not divulge this information over a long distance phone call. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple