“Charming B&B in a Louisville Suburb”
Review of Inn at Woodhaven

Inn at Woodhaven
Ranked #6 of 15 Louisville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My husband, daughter and I recently stayed in the "rose room" at the Woodhaven Inn and were charmed from the get-go. Since the room only had a king bed, we brought a blow up mattress for my 15 year old daughter, but the couch in the room was so comfortable, she chose to sleep there. Every nook and cranny was filled with nick-knacks, yet somehow the place didn't seem stuffy, but quaint and cozy. Breakfast was delicious and served with such midwestern hospitatlity that we jaded New Yorkers were almost overwhelmed. It was such a nice change from a large hotel, yet very convenient to the city. We would definitelty recommend it, and would stay again should we happen to find ourselves passing though Louisville.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Judi R

Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband surprised me for our wedding night by taking me to the Inn at Woodhaven. We stayed in the Rose Cottage, and I was amazed at how cozy and inviting the Inn and the Cottage were. Reading the guestbook, I found that I wasn't the only one who didn't want to leave after one night in the Cottage. The staff is very friendly and welcoming, to the point where it almost seemed like my own home. The breakfast was delicious as well. The best part about it was that even though I live in Louisville, I felt as if I was miles and miles away from my daily life while I stayed at the Inn. And as proof of our love of the Inn, my husband and I plan to revisit the Rose Cottage every year on our anniversary. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah P
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here in between two long driving days while on a three-week-long road trip. Boy, did we make a good choice! The Inn at Woodhaven is absolutely lovely. We stayed in the Derby Room, which was extremely comfortable and decorated charmingly. The whole facility is very clean with lots of lovely little places to sit, read and relax. Breakfast was terrific. Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: I would imagine that there is not a bad one at this facility.
1  Thank FrancesAmbler
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Stayed at Inn at Woodhaven last year while attending the Jane Austen Festival in Locust Grove and loved it so much I booked another trip this year and reserved a suite at the Inn at Woodhaven . As we were four people, I booked the attic suite - and what a suite it is! Apartment size - wonderfully comfortable beds, great products, sitting room, two bedrooms and a huge bathroom with jacuzzi tub and steam shower. Breakfast is so delicious - many choices and one of the few B&B's I have been to that serves breakfast over three hours. Afternoon you are treated to fresh baked goodies, refrigerator of soft drinks and candies. Various teas and coffee are available all day long. Living room offers a variety of cordials and liquors. Overall wonderful stay - you feel like it is your house. Can't wait for next year's festival! Kudos to our Innkeeper and staff.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house are wonderful; the Rose Cottage is fantastic and very romantic!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was our fourth or fifth stay at Woodhaven, and it's always excellent. This is our default in-town getaway for years. We've been in the Rose Cottage, Derby room and Attic suite and all were comfy, cozy, nicely decorated, clean and well stocked.
The grounds are well landscaped, with LOTS of flowers--my wife spent about 45 minutes taking pictures of them.
The staff is friendly and breakfast is tasty and fresh: there is always fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, coffee, tea, eggs how you like them, pancakes or the excellent caramel french toast (I think this is assembled and baked, not so much discrete pieces of toast), and typically there is at least one "special" for something a little different.
Maybe my only complaint would be that the rooms tend to be a bit crowded and have little storage, so it can be hard to find somewhere to put your stuff.
Can't wait to go back. We always try to book so we can actually enjoy the place--either by arriving early, staying late, or two nights back-to-back.

Room Tip: The ultimate in privacy is the Rose Cottage, with the Attic Suite coming in second. If you need min...
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Everything about our stay at the Inn at Woodhaven was deluxe. Rooms were great, breakfast was amazing, and general environment was totally welcoming. All future stays in Louisville will be here - have stayed at a lot of B&B's but this one truly stands out.

Room Tip: We really liked the Master Suite. Quiet and very spacious. Great bathroom too.
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The Derby Room in the carriage house was our choice for a one-night stay at the end of an active (and hot) vacation hiking Red River Gorge and Mammoth cave. The bed was cocoon like in its comfort. The two person jaccuzi tub soothed our legs and feet. There was even a tot of sherry available in the room without having to go to the main house (where a wider selection is available to guests if you so desire.) Breakfast is sumptuous and cooked to order. Fruit, yogurt, granola, and baked goods are available before you even get to the menu! The location is in a suburb so you won't be exploring Louisville without driving. But you may not want to leave at all!