“This is my home away from home...”
Review of Inn at Woodhaven

Inn at Woodhaven
Ranked #6 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Dulles, VA
“This is my home away from home...”
Reviewed 3 November 2009

I grew up in Louisville KY. When Mother died in 2005, I needed to find someplace to stay when visiting family and on business. Someone told me about Inn, of which I had previously been unaware. Suffice it to say, it is best place in Louisville..beautiful rooms, quiet, warm welcome. A large private garden in a courtyard/parking area. I feel so strongly about the Inn that I have actually postponed visits to Lville when a room is not available...just dont want to stay anywhere else. BTW: Marsha, the innkeeper, cooks you the world's best breakfast--with many choices--and it is served in the 'big house' (a 19th century Victorian home) in the wonderful family dining room. Home filled with antiques, gorgeous textiles, big soft premium beds -- and a home-like atmosphere. Just love it. I am a many-times returning guest there.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed 12 September 2009

If you want to be sure your accommodation will be waiting for you when you get there, don't book you sta at the Inn at Woodhaven. I booked a ground floor room because I have knee problems. And I was on a schedule. I specifically stated in my reservation that I wanted to check in early. This was for a Thursday night . When we arrived at the inn, we were told by the housekeeper (the proprietor was not even there) that the previous tenants had not left and that the room I booked was not available. Why the other people were allowed to stay, I don't know. Why they were not asked to move to another room, I don't know. We were offered another room on the second floor which was not acceptable to me. Furthermore, when I emailed the proprietor how upset I was, she emailed me back and said sorry, but that was it. No explanation. No real apologies. I guess they don't really need the business. The place is surrounded by apartment buildings which you can't tell from their pictures. All in all, if you have money to spend for a nice B and B, don't take a chance on the Woodhaven. We ended up at the Columbine, closest to Churchill Downs, which we were visiting, and it was FABULOUS.

Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
8 Thank jeb67
mabb, owner and manager at Inn at Woodhaven, responded to this review, 2 November 2009
This was definitely our mistake and the guest was absolutely correct. We offered her another room at a greatly reduced rate on the second floor of the Main House. It has a whirlpool and a steam shower. She declined and found lodging at another excellent inn in Louisville.
I was not aware she needed a first floor room. We were unable to move the guest in her room due to the fact that the other lady arrived with a dog and begged me to let her stay. I was not aware that she was bringing a dog until early the morning that both were to arrive. We only have one dog friendly room in our three buildings.
I did explain the reason for the change in her reservation when she emailed me the following day.
I'm sorry that I was not there to handle the situation and explain the problem better. They arrived for check in two hours before our earliest normal check in. This is not a problem most days as we are happy to let guests check in early if the room is ready.
I am here 20 hours each day...just not in time on this particular day.

My apologies for our poor service.
portland,oregon
Reviewed 16 June 2009

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the inn and found it to be comfortable as well as beautifully decorated and appointed. The staff was welcoming and gracious. The breakfasts were outstanding, served in an elegant dining room - great coffee, too. We loved the gigantic tub in the Derby Room and hanging out on the various porches. We highly recommend the inn. The only drawback, as other reviewers have stated, is the inn is surrounded by apartment buildings. But, the plantings mostly obscure the unsightly apartments, and it was peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, GA (USA)
Reviewed 3 June 2009

We've stayed at Inn at Woodhaven three times, and will not hesitate to return. Marsha was kind enough to accommodate our extra-late arrival, extra-early departure and large dog. Breakfast is fantastic. And unlike many of the Inns downtown, some of which seem located in potentially unsafe areas (we stayed at one a few years ago), Woodhaven is a bit removed from downtown, has a nice large private parking area yet is within a 5-8 minute drive of Bardstown Rd and other fun places to hang out.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We stayed at the Inn at Woodhaven on Mothers day last weekend. We were lucky enough to get the Rose Cottage and it was absolutely beautiful. The main House was just beautiful too. and the breakfast was just incredable. We had the Caramel French Toast and it was Divine... We would Highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast. Marsha the owner was a sweetheart too. We stayed on our way through Louisville and will stay again on any return trips.

Tom and kim

Louisviile
Reviewed 5 February 2009

Woodhaven is the most charming bed and breakfast in Louisville. My Husband and I have stayed there many times and every time is more wonderful than the next. We just recently stayed in the Hearth Room located in the Carriage House, it had a most grand fireplace in the room that made our stay seem even more romantic. My Husband ordered the Romance Package which included roses and chocolates, and the next day I ordered the Tea Party Package which included sandwiches, desserts, and the tea setups. Everything was so wonderful we did not want to leave our room. We had breakfast sent to our room both mornings and it was delicious, and to let you know they are one of the few inns that offer a full menu, instead of just getting what is offered for the day. Our room was very clean and decorated beautifully, the mattress' and down pillows are so very comfortable we slept like babies, I did mention that we did not want to leave the room. The inn offers a variety of amenities, from cookies and sodas in the main house, to snacks and cocoa in the rooms. I would recommend the inn to anyone wanting to get away for a day or weekend, or for the romantic weekend like we did. You will have a wonderful stay, and once you stay you will want to come back again and again. So far we have five more rooms to go till we have stayed in them all.

• Liked — It was quiet and peaceful, and local
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
santa cruz,ca
Reviewed 23 November 2008

My husband and I were so pleased with the Woodhaven Inn that we will stay here every visit to Louisville. Everything was perfect-beautiful house, it was VERY clean, the bed was wonderful, lots of extras in the room, breakfast- out of this world lots of choices - we stayed in the main house the rooms are very big- lots of space- very quiet which we love. The owner was on vacation- she had a wonderful woman filling in - Tamara- she was very welcoming and helped us with whatever we needed. We stayed at the Woodhaven 3 nights- we were in town to visit a relative in a nursing home- I was a little hesitant to write the review- because I do not want to let others know about this gem. We found a great restaurant within a mile - Havana Rumba- 4115 Oechsli Ave. 502/897-1959 Great Cuban Food (in a strip mall behind the Walmart). We live in a town in California which does not have a Cuban Restaurant- having grown up in Florida this was a wonderful fine- who would have guessed great Cuban cuisine in Louisville! Love this Bed and Breakfast- one of the best I have stayed in.

• Liked — Beautiful restored home. very clean
  • Disliked — loved everything.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)