“Fantastic B & B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Woodhaven

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Inn at Woodhaven
Ranked #6 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic B & B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

My husband & I stayed 2 nights at the Inn at Woodhaven...wish we could have stayed longer!!!
This B &B by far is the best stay we ever visited.
We had the the Attic Suite which is 1200 square feet. We felt like we were staying in a house rather than a room. It has two bedrooms, a sitting area with fridge and the bathroom has a spa tub along with a two person shower, two separate sinks and a private john.
Along with the great room, the breakfast was even better! You get a menu with selections of a variety of food. As you wait for the food, there is coffee, tea, juices, fruit, breads, muffins,etc.
This B&B exceeds in everything a B&B offers...great room, wonderful and delicious breakfast and the cost was the unbelievable!!
I wish we lived closer so we could visit there more often!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed this spot. Although it is away from the main part of town, requiring a 15 min drive to downtown, the accommodations and food were fantastic. The bed was extremely comfortable. Wireless internet was a bonus. Breakfast was amazing both days (try the caramel french toast). We were very happy with our stay and would gladly return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dayton, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

Beautiful house, and very nice host. Breakfast was a great spread, in a buffet/waitress style. Enjoyed the freshly baked cookies, beverages available, and the soft music wafting through the hallways.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2010

Stayed in this beautiful bed and breakfast for New Years. We were upgraded to the attic suite which was beautifully decorated down to the very last detail. Steam shower was amazing with great bath/body products. The whole house was decorated for the holidays which added to the magic. You should definitely stay here if you are anywhere near Louisville.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2009

My husband and I reserved the Rose Cottage. This was a charming and quaint space. It is smaller than appears on their web site, but was lovely. The inn is located in St Matthews, a crowded and busy area of Louisville, but once the door was closed we couldn't hear any traffic. It was remarkably peaceful.
Every amenity is available to you. Fridge, microwave,.wet bar, CD player.dvd, wfi, etc. The bed was luxurious.
We had a wraparound porch to enjoy the outdoors, but unfortunately the only thing one can see is the view of the surrounding apartments. The property the inn sits on is minimal to say the least.. Which is unfortunate because this is a spectacular example of an 1850's Githic revival home completely restored.
The Inn consists of the main home, the carriage house and the cottage. All are clustered together. The main house has the most rooms and is quite breathtaking ,especially decorated for Christmas as it was on our stay. The attic room is 1200 sq feet. It is spectacular with its origInal arched brick doorways. The carriage huse has three rooms, we did not tour this.
The owner of this establishment is Marsha Burton. She has much to be proud of as it is a gorgeous property. But I think she may have been at it too long.
When my Husband and I checked out we asked for the green special she advertizes. If you've traveled less than 45 miles you get 20% off. She was definately put out and mumbled you leaving late as it is. Check out is clearly noted as 11:30 but when I made my reservations I requested a later check our and was e-mailed back that " A later check out will be fine". We left at 12:30 pm.
This really is a beautiful property. And other than checkout we were treated fine. I would definately recommend this to others. I would stay there again. Though not sure after this review Marsha would welcome me.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MoLarry
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2009

We booked our room the same day & received 20% off the average rate, and this was definitely a plus! When we first arrived here, we were surprised that the house was in a residential area & surrounded by an apartment community. However, upon entering the house my reservations were eased. We stayed in the hearth room,the home's original kitchen, which is located in the carriage house behind the main house. It was absolutely beautiful, featuring a canopy style bed, wonderful gas fireplace sitting area, a whirlpool tub in the bathroom as well as a flat screen tv/dvd combo. The room had been stocked with refreshments, which was a surprising touch for the price. Our breakfast the following morning was absolutely wonderful. The dining room is separated into several different tables and restaurant style. There is fruit, muffins, coffee, tea & cereal ready for immediate indulging, then the owner comes around to take your breakfast order. My husband & I both ordered caramel stuffed french toast & eggs. The owner even added tomatoes and green onions to my eggs upon my request. This was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had at a bed & breakfast! Also, before we left, the owner took our picture on the stairway and also invited us to look upstairs after we were admiring the gothic architectural design on the bottom floor of the house.

We paid the price of an inexpensive hotel to stay at this retreat. Don't pass this up!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Dulles, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2009

I grew up in Louisville KY. When Mother died in 2005, I needed to find someplace to stay when visiting family and on business. Someone told me about Inn, of which I had previously been unaware. Suffice it to say, it is best place in Louisville..beautiful rooms, quiet, warm welcome. A large private garden in a courtyard/parking area. I feel so strongly about the Inn that I have actually postponed visits to Lville when a room is not available...just dont want to stay anywhere else. BTW: Marsha, the innkeeper, cooks you the world's best breakfast--with many choices--and it is served in the 'big house' (a 19th century Victorian home) in the wonderful family dining room. Home filled with antiques, gorgeous textiles, big soft premium beds -- and a home-like atmosphere. Just love it. I am a many-times returning guest there.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business