“WONDERFUL property but need to update some amenities”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
Rocking Horse Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 15 Louisville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I love everything about this Bed & Breakfast - the rooms, the hosts, the food, the decor, the bathrooms, the backyard/courtyard, the location, the hospitality, etc. If I had to critique one thing, it would be that the TV's and cable service need to be updated. Larger flat screen TV, and a cable system that has a guide on it or direct TV or something. Not that I spent much time in the room but after a long day, some of the comforts of home would be nice to have.... Would not prevent a future stay - just a suggestion.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 May 2013

My lovely girlfriend surprised me for my birthday with a Friday night stay in the Grand Victorian Suite. I was totally blown away with the fabulous restoration with amazing period antiques and stained glass. It truly was like stepping back in time to a more relaxing era, where service and comfort were the rule of the day. J&R were fabulous hosts, and gave us great ideas for things to do in the area. A truly wonderful trip filled with great memories! We will consider this our new "Louisville Home"!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank robbybob1
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I booked a stay at this property only to get an email saying that their was a new rate. The rate increased over $400/night. Their website had one rate listed and when I booked it they pulled a switcharoo and changed it hiking the rate up 3x the original rate. I would never stay at this property. Travelers beware of this property changing rates.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights in the Grand Victorian Suite, and enjoyed it very much. We came to Louisville with no set plans (other than long baths in the oversize tub for me - a luxury I don't have at home). The Rocking Horse provided just the relaxing get-away we were hoping for, and J&R gave us excellent ideas for exploring when we did want to get out. An unexpected bonus was a lovely evening spent reading in the wonderful back yard. The room, breakfast, hosts, and other guests were all delightful components of our get-away. Thanks to previous tripadvisor reviewers for helping me find this gem.

1  Thank RAA339
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed with my wife for our anniversary. we had a great time, The room was very nice and clean. the house has been beautifully restored. we could walk to downtown where you can get some great meals and best of all have a few drinks and not have to drive home

1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 2 May 2013

What an absolutely stunning bed and breakfast!
The minute you open the wrought iron gate, into the beautiful garden you are captured by its charm, built in 1888 the Rocking Horse Manor was lovingly restored in 1994 back to the Richardsonian , Romanesque ,Mansion, it once was.
Proud owners, make you feel at home immediately starting with a lovely tour of their home their knowledge of the renovation and history of the historic downtown is so interesting, and the beauty of it all is the location, you can walk to downtown.
We stayed in the Grand Victorian Suite, it was very romantic, and spacious, but yet cozy and very relaxing.
Breakfast is a unique experience served upon beautiful china, and presentation says it all, a delicious way to start the morning.
We truly fell in love again in our beautiful surroundings, and can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: In speaking to other guests, we got the impression everyone's room was perfect for what they wan...
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I've had the great good fortune to stay at this wonderful example of old world Louisville charm 3 times now and each time enjoyed a restful, comfortable stay. The breakfasts are beautifully laid out and delicious. The hosts are warm and welcoming, and every detail is in place to make your stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Each room is different; each one comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business