“A taste of Home”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Description: Havana Rumba is a trip to the Caribbean no passport required. Join the Cuban party without having to break the travel restrictions. Buen provecho!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had the good fortune of living in Cuba for part of most of my teenage years, and this really brings back the memories. One of my favorites is the Vaca Frita and I have it almost every time I go. My wife loves the Sangria too.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Havana Rumba's has some of the most delicious food in Louisville! The original location in St. Matthews is small, but the close quarters adds to the overall dining experience! The servers are friendly and knowledgeable. They offer call ahead wait list service which is helpful because this place gets busy fast! There is another location in Middletown that has an outside patio. This is a don't miss spot! If you go once you will surely return!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been many times to the St. Matthews location and loved it
Really like the Bardstown Rd at the Loop too

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Awesome! I'm a Cuban always on the look out for a great Cuban restaurant. This place tops the list! The yuca here melts in you mouth and the Puerco Asado is top notch!We will be back!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I came from Toledo, OH to visit Louisville, take in a live show and eat at Havana Rumba. The food was very good. I ordered the Ropa Vieja, which was a shredded beef. and my husband ordered the grilled filet mignon on a skewer. Both were quite tasty and cooked well. Unfortunately, our experience was somewhat flattened when we were asked to "move" to another location, a booth. We explained that my husband was physically limited and we prefered to stay at the TABLE we were sitting at. (They didn't offer us another TABLE, just the booth. A short time later, a woman and her husband were seated at the booth by an employee, and then a few minutes later, asked to leave that booth for different seats??) Apparently, "management" was trying to clear one side of the room to make room for a larger party. Needless to say, we were made to feel as though we were intruding on someone else's "turf". A man, who looked to be someone of authority, perhaps the manager, kept coming into our section and looking at us, seemingly to see how far we were in our meal. In other words, "hurry up, eat and get out." To his credit, our waiter was excellent and kept reassuring us that it was perfectly fine for us to sit where we were, to enjoy our experience and to "not worry" about management's rude behavior towards us. It really ruined our experience even though my husband and I tried to make the best of it. We finished our meals quickly, did not linger over the wine we had ordered, and left. I was disappointed because we took this weekend get away to relax and spend time together, de-stress and stay calm, as I am facing some rather big surgery in the next few weeks.

I don't know who this "other party" was but obviously, the bigger the party, the more money spent, the better you are treated at this establishment.

1  Thank mariafinn888