“Great Experience - Don't let the outside fool you!”
Review of Brix Wine Bar

Brix Wine Bar
Ranked #218 of 1,812 Restaurants in Louisville
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Let's be honest that the service and food in strip mall bars/restaurants can certainly be hit or miss, but Brix Wine Bar and Bistro is really a fantastic experience.

First, the service was just excellent. It's a very friendly place where you can tell there are a lot regulars. I saw at least twice where a waitress brought a glass of wine for someone before they even took their order. I took that as "I'll have the usual." without any actual words being exchanged.

The wine selection is excellent with a mix of bottles and a nice mix of by the glass options as well.

But, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the food. It was truly outstanding. I ended up with the bison burger with some gourmet fries. It was juicy and wonderful. Bison can be difficult to prepare because of the low fat content and they did a great job. One of my companions had the spicy shrimp and grits and I looked on jealously as she cleaned her plate as well.

Great service, beverages and food. I will be stopping the next time I come through town.

1  Thank NDKidd

Reviewed 20 June 2011

Great place for wine and food. Can't wait to go back once again.

1  Thank SteelerFan1953
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Love this place. Service is top notch. They always seem to remember what we've consumed wine wise since day one. Much like a 'Cheers' atmosphere. Food is wonderful. The occasional like music is a nice touch. The only thing I don't like the random decor on the walls. On one wall you have black and white photos. On the other wall is contemporary artwork. When inquiring about it I was told that they just have local artists come and put pictures up without charging for gallery space. A way to help the satrving artists, Leslie said. She put it great - 'Wine is subjective. That's why we have so many varietals. So is art. That's why we have all kinds on the wall.' Good point! We have since made it our regular spot. Best steak in town - hands down (especially for the price) and there is a chicken dish with artichokes that's amazing. Thanks Leslie, Chris and TJ for making our experience awesome every time!!

Reviewed 4 November 2009

I visited Brix for the first time and the service was so poor and unfriendly on a slow Tuesday, I can only assume it's like that all the time. I will say that for a restaurant in a strip mall, the physical atmosphere inside was lovely, but we will not be back to enjoy the decor.

3  Thank ladyjane827