“Great Wine! Great Food! Who Could Want More?”
Review of Brix Wine Bar

Brix Wine Bar
Ranked #200 of 1,768 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
“Great Wine! Great Food! Who Could Want More?”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Looking for great wine, food, and a great environment for conversation? Why not try the the Brix Wine Bar? From the outside the Brix Wine Bar does not look inviting, but once you get in you will find the environment warm and friendly. You have a choice of sitting at the bar, in couches, or a table. My aunt and I have been twice. The first time we sat at a table and this last time at the bar. The bar lets you watch TV, check out the wine selection, and watch the bar tender in action.

When we arrived Saturday night at 7:30 the place was full. In no time we had two spots at the bar. Staff don't keep a wait list, but if you let them know you are waiting they will keep watch over you. As you wait you enjoy a glass of wine. Wine can be bought by the glass or bottle. Beer and other drinks are available. During both visits we found the staff very helpful. They will explain the menu, share their food favorites, and teach you about the different wines.

The Food! It is incredible. During my two visits I had a mouth watering bison burger with the best fries ever. The fries are not greasy and have a small spattering of cheese on them. My aunt has has salmon each visit. The salmon is tender and flavorful. Each night they make one or two special deserts. Last night was cream brulee. The food arrives hot, is attractive to look at, and each plate is prepared to order.

Price wise the Brix is not cheap. An entree, desert, and two glasses of one will easily cost at least $35.00. The quality, environment, and staff make that price worthwhile. Save up, enjoy, and give the Brix a try.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank RPWORLD

“Loved it!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

What a wonderful find. We did have to find it! After we walked through the liquor store, we entered a delightful room. We found a nice seat at the bar where we struck up a conversation wtih the bar-back man named Tyler. He was a delight to talk with. The bartenders were not big talkers. The wines were kind of pricy at about $9 a glass (one in the list was $8, other was $10). No benefit to buy the bottle (bottles were $36). Interesting way to go about it. The food was delicious and plentiful even though I thought I read reviews that said there wasn't a lot of food. There was plenty. My husband and I started with the pub chips with fondue and blue cheese. I am not a blue cheese fan, but I could see the blue cheese crumbles and avoid them. My husband snatched them up. Then we split the cheese tortellini with shrimp...oh wait...we ordered it with shrimp, but received chicken. No one asked us about our meal so we never brought it up. Not a huge deal. It was still yummy. Then dessert...OMG! They had a special dessert called Irish Car Bomb cake. Must share. Must enjoy! Great evening! Well, my company was awesome!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Loonyteach
winchester, Kentucky
“Great meal and zin”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I was in town for business and met my wine-loving cousin for dinner. This is a small intimate wine bar with a wine shoppe attached. We ordered a pecan crusted brie for appetizer and I heartily recommend that selection. I had the pasta bolognese and it was creamy and a little spicy - very good. We enjoyed a bottle of red zin suggested by the wine steward and it was excellent as well. Dinner for 3 with wine was $100 - so great value as well. The Brix is about 30 minutes from downtown louisville just off the Gene Snyder Parkway in PeeWee Valley. Check it out.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank fantifan
“Great East End Spot”
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Nice surprise in the East End. Great food, good wine list and friendly staff. The Bison Burger is a favorite. Highly recommended and close to home for the 42 to Shelbyville Road side of town.

3 Thank Kypilots
Louisville, KY
“Small, but always good.”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Nice place next to a wine store, so some great wine choices. Service is friendly, but a bit slow. Food very good, but not always great.

• Visited February 2012