“Best Value in Louisville, and I live here...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown

SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown
Ranked #29 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Best Value in Louisville, and I live here...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for her recent birthday. This place was great.

The rooms are suites and large sized. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The location was prime downtown and the stay was great for us.

Carrie(I believe that's her name) helped me make my plans. Meagan was awesome. She put candy I dropped off and some balloons in our room with a really sweet note to my wife that my wife loved. When we walked in my wife was ecstatic. Carrie and Meagan were both extremely helpful and deserve some recognition. My wife kept the card Meagan left for her.

Breakfast was good and hot. I didn't prefer the eggs so much but my wife liked them.

We will definitely give this hotel our local business and advise others to stay here.

Room Tip: Top corner room (925) was great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Mark S,

Thank you so much for the fantastic 5 star review, i am always thrilled to hear that our team went above and beyond ! I will be sure to pass your comments along to the team and give them a little special recognition. So glad that Carrie and Megan could help make your stay special.
Thank you again, feel free to call us next time you are planning something special !
Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Celina, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel was super clean, parking was super convenient and I love the bathrooms. Springhill suites is one of my favs because they're always right in the city and so affordable. We stayed 4 nights and have zero complaints. Beds were clean and fluffy, carpets were immaculate. The breakfast each morning was perfect, although busy, and the view in the breakfast room was great. The pool area was small, so small actually that they have a sign posted that asks for only five persons to be in the water at any given time. It was not a big deal though. We used the hotel as a base to visit the cities breweries and Mammoth Caves and Dinosaur World. I had work to do and the internet connectivity was excellent. Bonus: They don't have an official shuttle but there is an independent guy who will drive you pretty much anywhere in the area. He picked the 5 of us up, took us over the bridge to an awesome restaurant, then came back for us in the middle of a hellacious thunderstorm. $20 tip and kudos, just wish I could remember his name. Overall: Well done in every area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MAAKSMAMA
Dear Maaksmama,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us, we really appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts and comments. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, i agree with you, we are the perfect launch pad.
We really look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville.
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Love the modern decor. Great breakfast but crowded at certain times. Our room fantastic but we need more of a true suite, we are finding. Beds super comfortable, love how the toilet and and shower are separate. We made great use of the fridge. Pool was good but small. Loved how it was connected to Fairfield and their common room. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful -- every day! Indulged us when we lost our garage key…twice.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Natalie M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a great review of our Springhill Suites. I honestly appreciate any and all feedback and am thrilled to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville !
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Overall, the hotel itself was average. But the thing that really set me off was the fact that when I pulled back the covers in my bed, there was a used tissue in the sheets. What if it was dark and I would have just got in bed with that. It was completely unsanitary. I call the desk, they offered new sheets. When the sheets arrived, he handed them to me and expected that I make my own bed. I asked him to please do this as this was part of the hotel service that I paid for. He did, but now it will forever leave an impression with me and this chain of hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear ATLBoogie,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the incident you experienced while staying at our Springhill Suites. I can assure you this is not acceptable to me in anyway and i will be reviewing your comments with our Housekeeping today. If you would like to contact me personally to discuss this, i can be reached at debbie.stevens@whitelodging.com.
No. Ky.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure where to begin with this review. I have to a say this was probably one of my best experiences of any hotel I've been too. My wife and I were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and I had requested several different things most importantly a bottle of champagne upon our arrival. While I know this isn't a hotel that may normally keep champagne on hand, I was told that it would be no problem! Indeed it was no problem and not only were my initial requests granted, but the champagne was waiting and a card from the staff congratulating us on our anniversary. The room was more than exceptional. It was very roomy, comfortable and cozy. The only issue we had was that our heating unit was not working and the staff was immediately on it. They worked on it while we were out. It was found that our unit was faulty and they had left a note and already made arrangements for us to move to a room just next door. An apology was included in the note and they also left some goodies and a couple small bottles of wine for our troubles. The breakfast was more than adequate. Plenty of options and tasty. The location was also another great point for the hotel. It was literally right off the interstate on the east edge of downtown. If it wasn't so cold during our visit most points of interest would have been easily accessible by walking. The KFC yum center and Louisville slugger field are within a couple blocks! I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelGuru15
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear TravelGuru 15,

Firstly Congratulations again on your 10th Wedding Anniversary ! My team and i were only too happy to help you celebrate. I am truly sorry about the AC unit not working in your first room but am thrilled to hear that the team took care of the incident quickly. I will be sure to share this review with the team today, your type of experience here is why i love the hospitality industry so much. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back, should you be in the area again !
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I just completed a stay at the SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown and I was pleasantly surprised by what I found. The location of the hotel is great. It is within walking distance to some great bars and good restaurants. 4th Street Live is nearby and provides quite a bit of entertainment. I felt very safe walking around the downtown area. The hotel lobby was crowded when I arrived. The staff was very friendly and the check process was smooth. The room rate was reasonable. The hotel room was clean and modern. I particularly enjoyed the iPod dock. The only negative was the parking situation. The price to park in only $10 dollars, but being New Years Eve, the garage was full and I had to park across the street at the Hampton Inn. Not a deal breaker, but slightly annoying. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, reasonably priced downtown option.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Marcus L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a very detail review of our SpringHill Suites in Downtown Louisville. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a safe and happy New Years Eve. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in the area.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I only stayed one night. It was freezing cold so we drove from place to place but if the weather was pleasant we would have walked. 4th Street Live is very close. It's a mini teeny tiny Times Square but I'm sure it's a great musical experience during better weather.

If you are out late at night you should be on point and well aware of your surroundings. It's very typical downtowny - from Payless shoe stores to liquor stores to nice restaurants. Just be aware of your surroundings and which corners you turn.

The hotel has free breakfast but it was below average. Hotel staff were very friendly. Parking is $10/night which is very reasonable. Parking is covered and semi-connected to hotel. You can't access the rooms through the garage floors. You have to go down to the 1st floor of the garage then go to the hotel lobby. This hotel is connected to the Fairfield Inn, which is another Marriott property. When you get off the elevator you literally go to the right for Fairfield rooms and the left for Springhill rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear AC,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Springhill Suites on TripAdvisor. My Team and i review all comments left by our guests and am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. I am saddened to hear that you found our complimentary breakfast to be below par, if you would like to contact me personally and discuss this i would love to hear your feedback. I can be reached at debbie.stevens@whitelodging.com.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year and we hope to see you again in 2014.