“Fantastic Coffee”

Sunergos Coffee & Roastery
Ranked #1 of 45 Coffee & Tea in Louisville
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I am a self-labeled coffee snob, and I had wanted to go to Sunergos for some time. When I did get the chance, I was not let down! Though the South Preston location was much smaller than I expected, the coffee was off the charts. I had a Cafe Miele and my wife got the Caramel Latte, and both were splendidly crafted. The best part for me was the microroastery and the fresh coffee. I bought a bag of Tanzania Peaberry to take home a roast, and I've never seen coffee bloom like that before! If I didn't live two hours away, I'd be a frequent visitor. Great coffee, atmosphere, everything!

1  Thank BGEngineer

Reviewed 23 November 2013

There’s always a risk of being disappointed when your expectations are raised. A let down is what happened to me when my wife and I went to this dingy coffee shop. I promised my wife that the coffee was supposed to be superb and when we got out of our car and were walking up to the shop I thought we were going to be very happy; the aroma was pleasant. We ordered two decafs and needed to wait a couple of minutes while they brewed. The partially filled cups were set on the counter and the girl asked if I wanted them filled up a little more. I mistakenly said yes because as soon as I did she grabbed them and added about 2 oz of hot water to the 16oz cups. I thought, that’s not going to be good, but maybe she knows that the coffee is such excellent quality that a little water won’t hurt. She was wrong because the coffee would have been too weak even without the water. We drank about 2 oz of coffee and gave up. While I brewed a little over having paid $5 for a couple cups of colored water I began to take in the “ambience” of the establishment. The floor is a grimy brown cement, the sofa and chairs look like they were street side salvage and the area behind the counter where the coffee is made could use a good cleaning. I returned both cups with about 14oz of coffee in each of them to the young lady and said that you watered these down too much and we don’t care to drink them. She replied; “oh….okay”. No offer of anything to provide some sort of satisfaction. I wouldn’t recommend that anyone make a trip to Sunergos. It’s a waste of time and money. Drink the coffee in your hotel room or get yourself some Nescafe and you’ll be much happier.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This coffee is smooth and not bitter! It was our first time visiting and they were helpful in their suggestions.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Grab donuts next door and relax at Sunergos for some really good coffee. Iced coffee and iced mocha, both really tasty on a hot day.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

WOW! I went to Nord Bakery (next door - and don't miss it) and wandered in to Sunergos to grab a cup of coffee to go. Best cup. EVER. Roasted on the spot. Divine! It was so good that I went back every morning of the three days I was in Louisville during my trip. Can't write enough good things about this coffee shop. Go.