“Wish I'd read Trip Advisor” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Midtown Inn and Suites

Midtown Inn and Suites
Ranked #91 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Chicago, Illinois
“Wish I'd read Trip Advisor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Awful place in terrible part of town (though just across the highway the area gets nicer and nicer). At least the bed was clean (yes, I checked for bed bugs) as was the breakfast area. You can find FAR better for a little farther or little more in price.

(We were all sad to end our fun road trip on such a sour note!)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzanne B
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Ms. Suzanne,

I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Also I want you to know that the comments that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and keeping up with our Guest’s satisfaction policy we have given you 20%* GM’s special discount for your stay with us. I hope this satisfies you and make your next visit to our motel a comfortable one.

* Not valid on Blacked out/special event days.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Totowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Next to liquor store in questionable part of town. Lots of vagrants hanging around outside. Motel old, smelly, and dirty - cobwebs in corners of rooms, no sanitation cover on toilet. AC unit antiquated & barely functional. Thank goodness it was a cool evening. Front desk rude & not helpful. Our room was on 1st floor immediately adjacent to an abandoned hotel & liquor store. When I asked to switch to an inside room I was told computers were down so there was nothing she could do. No apologies. Do not stay here. Ever.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank dvstrawberry
qualityinnky, General Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2013

* Not valid on Blacked out/special event days.

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Fenton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We had been driving for over 12 hours and were ready for a good night's sleep. We checked into this hotel, spent 5 minutes in our room and promptly checked out. My son turned on the AC in the room and a horrible smell immediately filled the room. We turned the AC off right away and took a closer look at it....TONS of globs of mold growing all over the vents of the AC. If we had stayed in this room, we would have all woke up terribly sick. Like I said, I have never rated a hotel because I have always had good experiences and nothing bad to say. However, I felt compelled to let people know how dangerous this hotel could be to your family's health.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryll M
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Hello Ms Cherry;

Huntsville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had reservations for a different quality inn. We were lost and ended up at this one by mistake. The neighborhood was very scary. There was an incident in the lobby where the police were called on someone who was upset that his room was not available for him. The guy was in the lobby when we were standing in line waiting to be acknowledged. Once I finally got to talk to the attendant I stated that I did not think I was in the right place and could he please tell us how to get to the correct quality inn. He told me that he could not help me, and that I would just have to call the Choice Hotels hotline to get directions. I asked him for the phone number to call the hotline but he said he did not have the number either. Utterly useless.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Date 01/17/14

Dear LilaA325,

Gallatin, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My family stayed in this hotel for two nights. For about 50 dollars this is not a terrible hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable, but the furniture was worn and outdated. My children enjoyed the pool and the game room, but were disappointed that it closed kind of early. The breakfast was fine but nothing special. The service was fine, but the staff was not particularly friendly. Next time, we will check out other options.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the street and we preferred that to the noise from the pool on the inside.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Hello
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you were not very happy.

Englewood, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed here one night because I wanted to qualify for a summer promotion:"Stay two nights receive $50 giftcard." Well, ChoiceHotels did not give me the points for this promotion (I stayed somewhere else the second night) and I am so sorry I wasted my money on this dump! The rooms are in bad condition--patched holes in the walls, furniture is beat up and damaged, carpet is filthy, etc. I would never have stayed here if I had read the reviews so BE WARNED this so called hotel is not worth wasting your money on!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Monroeville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Checked in here late one evening as a one night stopover on our road trip. The place has seen better days. Cobwebs on the funiture, outlets hanging out of the wall, baseboard pealing away and something very sticky on the outside of the fridge.

The only reason for not getting a 1-star is the front desk service and clean sheets. After having trouble getting the door to open on the first room, the desk clerk put us in a two room suite, which would have been great if not for the above problems

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple