Midtown Inn and Suites
US$161
US$196
US$180
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This property in days gone by was a decent Holiday Inn, before they sold it off. The neighborhood location is a relatively safe one( I ran both mornings) but the property is just short of being in shambles. Lots of rough looking customers who stayed up late outside their rooms and "partied" with some rowdy female company.(Trying to be PC) This was my second stay here, as I give every hotel which is convenient to my destinations a second try (just like a restaurant), but I will not be back. Unless you are rolling in at midnight, dead tired and only need a bed for a couple of hours, keep driving. The front end staff, though, was very nice.

Room Tip: choose elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim P
qualityinnky, General Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Hello

I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Also I want you to know that the comments that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and keeping up with our Guest’s satisfaction policy we have given you 20%* GM’s special discount for your stay with us. I hope this satisfies you and make your next visit to our motel a comfortable one.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Awful place in terrible part of town (though just across the highway the area gets nicer and nicer). At least the bed was clean (yes, I checked for bed bugs) as was the breakfast area. You can find FAR better for a little farther or little more in price.

(We were all sad to end our fun road trip on such a sour note!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzanne B
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Ms. Suzanne,

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Next to liquor store in questionable part of town. Lots of vagrants hanging around outside. Motel old, smelly, and dirty - cobwebs in corners of rooms, no sanitation cover on toilet. AC unit antiquated & barely functional. Thank goodness it was a cool evening. Front desk rude & not helpful. Our room was on 1st floor immediately adjacent to an abandoned hotel & liquor store. When I asked to switch to an inside room I was told computers were down so there was nothing she could do. No apologies. Do not stay here. Ever.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dvstrawberry
qualityinnky, General Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We had been driving for over 12 hours and were ready for a good night's sleep. We checked into this hotel, spent 5 minutes in our room and promptly checked out. My son turned on the AC in the room and a horrible smell immediately filled the room. We turned the AC off right away and took a closer look at it....TONS of globs of mold growing all over the vents of the AC. If we had stayed in this room, we would have all woke up terribly sick. Like I said, I have never rated a hotel because I have always had good experiences and nothing bad to say. However, I felt compelled to let people know how dangerous this hotel could be to your family's health.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryll M
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Hello Ms Cherry;

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had reservations for a different quality inn. We were lost and ended up at this one by mistake. The neighborhood was very scary. There was an incident in the lobby where the police were called on someone who was upset that his room was not available for him. The guy was in the lobby when we were standing in line waiting to be acknowledged. Once I finally got to talk to the attendant I stated that I did not think I was in the right place and could he please tell us how to get to the correct quality inn. He told me that he could not help me, and that I would just have to call the Choice Hotels hotline to get directions. I asked him for the phone number to call the hotline but he said he did not have the number either. Utterly useless.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Date 01/17/14