“Unhappy guest, very disappointed!!”

and 1 more site!
Midtown Inn and Suites
Ranked #92 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville
“Unhappy guest, very disappointed!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

As we have never stayed at a Quality Inn we thought we would give it a try. NEVER AGAIN! ONE BAD experience has made it so we will NEVER stay in another one anywhere. While making reservations we had to pay more for a NON smoking room and we were told yes this facility had an indoor heated pool. Upon arrival of checking in, we noticed the "filth" and trash around the exterior grounds. The front desk staff was new and rather clueless. We checked in and our room was evidently a smoking room (again not what we reserved and paid for). We returned to the front and they did move us, however the new room as it didn't smell of smoke had a different unidentifiable
odor. The room was filthy. The pool was FREEZING and unkept. The game room, while it had a pool table, it is rather difficult to play pool with broken cue sticks.
We like to travel and in most cases we will take long weekends and stay in a hotel, we will NEVER stay in another
Quality Inn again.

• Stayed June 2014
qualityinnky, General Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Mr. Thompson,

I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Also I want you to know that the comments that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and keeping up with our Guest’s satisfaction policy we have given you 20%* GM’s special discount for your stay with us. I hope this satisfies you and make your next visit to our motel a comfortable one.

* Not valid on Blacked out/special event days.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I realize temps are higher in June, the room I was given was, hot A/C was not working, it actually was getting warmer not cooler per my temp app on phone, bugs crawling on bathroom floor. Dirty towels and the carpet not vacuumed.
I asked the front desk for another room and he said all rooms are taking for my selection of room per my reservation.
I said I don't care, please give me a room with a working A/C and clean bathroom and towels, he told me to give him a few minutes. 3 hours later still in the same room so I called the front desk to inquire about another room, found out his shift had ended.
I actually went out to my vehicle to sleep for a little while and crank the A/C up.
Needless to say I will not be staying here and recommend others to stay away as well.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Rich W,

Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed here during Kentucky Derby weekend at a jacked-up rate that was nearly obscene. We arrived in our non-smoking room that was drenched in the scent of tobacco. The water faucets were reversed--which was interesting when we flushed the toilet and it filled with steaming hot water. The shower didn't work. But mostly--the entire hotel is disgustingly filthy. We had a streak of black mold outside our room. There was a dead moth on the carpet outside our door that greeted us on our arrival, and was still there 3 days later. The rooftop "garden" was filled with weeds, cans, bottles and cigarette butts. Stairway carpeting was ripped. Hallway wallpaper was peeling. Why "Quality" Inns would allow their flag to remain on this hotel is beyond belief. It was so bad, that we booked out after the race Saturday and drove to Cincinnati for the night, apparently forfeiting our last night's charges. When we left for the races Friday and returned, the maid had pulled the bedspread up--but didn't make the bed!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave L
Dear Mr. Dave,

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very clean and very comfortable and quiet. Desk staff was very helpful. The rate for this hotel was acceptable. Near shopping and restaurants. Ceiling fan was a nice touch. I would stay here again if the price is right.

Room Tip: There are rooms with 2 doors, one inside and one outside. Other rooms are just inside doors.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hello

I refer to your visit to our hotel and giving some good comments.

Appreciate a lot for all your efforts

Please do visit us once again

Thanks

Jeet Shah

GM
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited from out of town and first we were put into a room that the air conditioning was stuck on 62 degrees and would not shut off. After they couldn't fix it, they moved us to a different room and we thought things would be great! We got back and that room had been taken by another guest and all of our items had been removed from the room. The front desk attempted to assist but we had multiple items stolen from our bags. The hotel has done nothing. We travel a lot, and this is by far the worst trip we have ever taken.

Stayed May 2014

Please accept my sincere apology.
Also I want you to know that the comments that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and keeping up with our Guest’s satisfaction policy we have given you 20%* GM’s special discount for your stay with us and also sent you a check for your stolen items. I hope this satisfies you and make your next visit to our motel a comfortable one.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed Derby weekend. The air was cold and the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again. The hotel has remodeled bathrooms and it was quite at night. I was leery after reading the reviews but found the hotel to be just the opposite. The pool area was nice and clean.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello

I refer to your stay at our hotel and giving some good comments.

Appreciate a lot for all your efforts

Please do visit us once again

Thanks

Jeet Shah

GM
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I chose this hotel for proximity to airport, availability of "non-smoking""suite", and really nice (FALSE!) photos on the website. Somehow missed the reviews :( :( Checked into our "non-smoking" room - stunk of smoke. asked to be moved to another room - next "non-smoking" room had a milder stale smoke smell. Until someone started smoking in another room and the cigarette smoke came in through the heat vent and filled our room - no way to get the smoke out. Kids were allergic to the smoke and got respiratory problems. Internet DID NOT WORK. Floors are filthy - we stayed 6 days and same trash in the hallways when we left as when we arrived. Sofa bed was unusable - springs with thin fabric over them. No bedding on it. Therefore actually sleeps 4, not the 6 we paid for. A/c could not be adjusted. SOUR MILK at breakfast. Card keys stopped working 3 times during our stay. Front desk does not answer phone from guest room. Out of order bathrooms by lobby. Would have moved but could not get another hotel at last minute notice.

Room Tip: if you are a non-smoker choose another hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business