“Horrible Hotel!”

Ranked #92 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Horrible Hotel!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Do not stay here unless you have to! Dead roaches on the floor, dirty towels, dirty linens, disgustingly dirty carpets & tiled floors, half used shampoo & lotion bottles, outside key doors don't lock.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bassett, Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Where do I begin? This hotel was booked in good faith. The location, price, and pictures on the internet are very deceiving. My "non-smoking" room, that I paid extra for, absolutely reeked. The carpet was torn and dirty. There were cobwebs on the walls and an unidentifiable stench. There was black mold on the walls and the bathroom smelled like urine. There was an open square cut out around the sink pipe and a strong sewage odor coming from it. The comforter had a cigarette hole burned in it. (in a "non-smoking" room) There were black hairs on the pillows and in the bathtub. The room opened into the parking lot and that brings me to the outside...let's just say there are some very unsavory characters milling around. I witnessed what I'm sure were drug deals and in one instance, a prostitution transaction. I was afraid to go outside by myself and also afraid that my vehicle would be vandalized. The pool area was dirty and unkempt. I actually felt sorry for the housekeeping staff working here. That's why I didn't think twice about actually seeing one of them using a leaf-blower on the upper level to blow off trash into the parking lot on top of the vehicles parked there. Who could blame him? I wouldn't want to touch that mess either. The desk clerk did not even bother to ask how my stay was and seemed irritated that I asked for a receipt. As I told the bug crawling around in the bathroom floor before I left, "You can do better than this."

Room Tip: Save your money and stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marcie1965
Manteno, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Worst stay ever the heated pool was freezing are room keys kept messing up had to get them redone a dozen times people running in hall at 3 in the morning first floor ice machine didn't work no security locks on outside doors pool table had no balls but no out of order sign no iron room door had to be shoved open my kid lost money in vending machine no refund front desk cared nothing about problems

• Stayed June 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel was the worst one I have ever stayed in. The rooms were smelly and dirty and all the exterior security door locks were broken, Right next to the hotel is a liquor store, which brought unsavory types of people loitering around the hotel parking lot. To top it off, someone had relieved themselves in the inside stairwell. This place needs to be shut down!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mark C
qualityinnky, General Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Mr.Williamsburg,

I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Also I want you to know that the comments that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and keeping up with our Guest’s satisfaction policy we have given you 20%* GM’s special discount for your stay with us. I hope this satisfies you and make your next visit to our motel a comfortable one.

Louisville
Reviewed 21 June 2014

As we have never stayed at a Quality Inn we thought we would give it a try. NEVER AGAIN! ONE BAD experience has made it so we will NEVER stay in another one anywhere. While making reservations we had to pay more for a NON smoking room and we were told yes this facility had an indoor heated pool. Upon arrival of checking in, we noticed the "filth" and trash around the exterior grounds. The front desk staff was new and rather clueless. We checked in and our room was evidently a smoking room (again not what we reserved and paid for). We returned to the front and they did move us, however the new room as it didn't smell of smoke had a different unidentifiable
odor. The room was filthy. The pool was FREEZING and unkept. The game room, while it had a pool table, it is rather difficult to play pool with broken cue sticks.
We like to travel and in most cases we will take long weekends and stay in a hotel, we will NEVER stay in another
Quality Inn again.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Mr. Thompson,

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I realize temps are higher in June, the room I was given was, hot A/C was not working, it actually was getting warmer not cooler per my temp app on phone, bugs crawling on bathroom floor. Dirty towels and the carpet not vacuumed.
I asked the front desk for another room and he said all rooms are taking for my selection of room per my reservation.
I said I don't care, please give me a room with a working A/C and clean bathroom and towels, he told me to give him a few minutes. 3 hours later still in the same room so I called the front desk to inquire about another room, found out his shift had ended.
I actually went out to my vehicle to sleep for a little while and crank the A/C up.
Needless to say I will not be staying here and recommend others to stay away as well.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Rich W,

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed here during Kentucky Derby weekend at a jacked-up rate that was nearly obscene. We arrived in our non-smoking room that was drenched in the scent of tobacco. The water faucets were reversed--which was interesting when we flushed the toilet and it filled with steaming hot water. The shower didn't work. But mostly--the entire hotel is disgustingly filthy. We had a streak of black mold outside our room. There was a dead moth on the carpet outside our door that greeted us on our arrival, and was still there 3 days later. The rooftop "garden" was filled with weeds, cans, bottles and cigarette butts. Stairway carpeting was ripped. Hallway wallpaper was peeling. Why "Quality" Inns would allow their flag to remain on this hotel is beyond belief. It was so bad, that we booked out after the race Saturday and drove to Cincinnati for the night, apparently forfeiting our last night's charges. When we left for the races Friday and returned, the maid had pulled the bedspread up--but didn't make the bed!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple