“Very nice place”

Midtown Inn and Suites
Ranked #95 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here twice during a two week trip. It is an attractive facility and well kept up. The lobby, hallways and rooms are very clean. You check in at the main entrance and are then directed to your room. In our case we asked for a ground floor room You unload your car directly from your room's parking space. When you want to visit any other part of the facility there is a door from your room to an interior hallway. The rooms have a micro wave, a mini fridge, recliner and LED large screen TV. The Inn has an in door pool, laundry room, fitness center, and free WIFI. There is also a free hot breakfast of sausage. egg patty, biscuits and gravy as well as make your own waffles. My wife and I were given a senior discount so the room cost us $81.00 a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground level room. They also have rooms to accommodate handicapped persons.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We came to the cafeteria in the morning of July 24. During the process of making our waffle,a lady suddenly rushed to open the lid of grill iron and took the waffle out for us. We told her we can take it out by ourselves. She insisted that we cannot let the waffle laid on the grill after the beeping of the warning sound. We told her there were no other people waiting for the grill, therefore, we just wanted our waffle stayed longer to get more crispy. She turned down our request. When we made the second one, she still did the same thing.
We asked the front desk, is there any policy indicated that we were doing something wrong.
She replied defensively that they are in charge of the different department, and they cannot put any sign to inform the customers. We asked are we doing wrong? She said customers sometimes were wrong and asked us to leave.
We asked to meet with the manager, she told us he will be there in the afternoon.
We came back in the afternoon, another front desk told us he did not show up due to family emergency and did not have his contact information.
We called the 1-800 Choice Hotel Customer relations and hopefully the manager will respond to us. We've waited the nine days and called 1-800 Choice Hotel Customer relations the third time and finally they put the Manager on the phone. We told him our complains and asked the reason why he did not replied to us ASAP, he said our complains had just came to him.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

First of all I was falsely told there was a pool we would be able to swim in but when I got there it was closed and they refused to refund me money to go somewhere else when that was the biggest reason I chose the hotel do to it raining outside! Next, my family and I did not sleep at night because the air conditioning was not working and the temps were increasing to 76 degrees! When I called the front desk there was nothing they could do! The next moninng as I was getting ready I seen a cockroach crawling on the floor!!!! Immediately got ally stuff gathered and took it to my car..and I did notice that my one year old sons clean feet was black from walking bear foot all morning on the carpet! The place made me feel so dirty! I took my concerns to the front desk at check out and the lady didn't seem surprised and had an "I don't really care" attitude..I asked to talk to a manager and there was none at the time! I've called three times today (the day after I left) and I have had no success at reaching anyone! I'm very disgusted with the place and would never go back or recommend the place! I personally think the state board needs to check the place out eapeacially after reading other reviews!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kbug89
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Terrible neighborhood. Very rundown hotel. Wasn't planning to use the pool but was horrified to see that the pool had been closed by the health department.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jdm520
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Do not stay here unless you have to! Dead roaches on the floor, dirty towels, dirty linens, disgustingly dirty carpets & tiled floors, half used shampoo & lotion bottles, outside key doors don't lock.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Where do I begin? This hotel was booked in good faith. The location, price, and pictures on the internet are very deceiving. My "non-smoking" room, that I paid extra for, absolutely reeked. The carpet was torn and dirty. There were cobwebs on the walls and an unidentifiable stench. There was black mold on the walls and the bathroom smelled like urine. There was an open square cut out around the sink pipe and a strong sewage odor coming from it. The comforter had a cigarette hole burned in it. (in a "non-smoking" room) There were black hairs on the pillows and in the bathtub. The room opened into the parking lot and that brings me to the outside...let's just say there are some very unsavory characters milling around. I witnessed what I'm sure were drug deals and in one instance, a prostitution transaction. I was afraid to go outside by myself and also afraid that my vehicle would be vandalized. The pool area was dirty and unkempt. I actually felt sorry for the housekeeping staff working here. That's why I didn't think twice about actually seeing one of them using a leaf-blower on the upper level to blow off trash into the parking lot on top of the vehicles parked there. Who could blame him? I wouldn't want to touch that mess either. The desk clerk did not even bother to ask how my stay was and seemed irritated that I asked for a receipt. As I told the bug crawling around in the bathroom floor before I left, "You can do better than this."

Room Tip: Save your money and stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marcie1965
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Worst stay ever the heated pool was freezing are room keys kept messing up had to get them redone a dozen times people running in hall at 3 in the morning first floor ice machine didn't work no security locks on outside doors pool table had no balls but no out of order sign no iron room door had to be shoved open my kid lost money in vending machine no refund front desk cared nothing about problems

• Stayed: June 2014