“Great visit from start to finish!”

Hyatt Regency Louisville
Ranked #10 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Eagle River, Alaska
“Great visit from start to finish!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Regency in Louisville. We were welcomed by professional and friendly front desk staff and offered a glass of champagne. They were very accommodating, we were able to check in early and check out late without charge. The rooms were large and.clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Everyone was helpful and polite. The location of the hotel couldn't be better. Would definitely stay at the Hyatt Regency again if we ever return to Louisville.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I and many corporate guests stayed at the Hyatt for Derby weekend this year. While the staff of the hotel itself were all very professional and accomodating, our experience was tarnished by an experience in the recently renovated lobby bar. My husband and I were entertaining guests and upon their departure, were left with a bill that was nearly $100 more than we expected. I suppose the waitress felt she could pull one over on us because we were enteraining and charged us $75 / shot for a specific bourbon. We contested the bill (our guests had already left) and she became condescending and rude, insisting that even though never being informed she had 'upgraded' the bourbon and never being told the cost, we should have known this. Unbelievable. I travel quite a bit and am in Louisville very frequently and have never expereinced such poor service. I most certainly would not return to the Hyatt for this reason.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank worldtravellerinTX
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here the weekend of the Derby. Despite the fact that it is an unbelievably busy weekend, we had great service the entire time. Every single staff member went out of their way to really make our weekend perfect. When we checked in on Thursday, our TV wasn't working. It was late so we waited until the next day to say something. Not only was it immediately fixed, but they also took $50 off of our bill without us even having to ask. Stuff happens. To me, what makes a great hotel is when they go out of their way to take care of any issues. We will definitely be back for the 2015 Derby.

Room Tip: There are hotel rooms literally across from the elevators. I would request a room ahead of time that...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great location - literally on the corner of the 4th Street LIVE nightlife area and within walking distance to great restaurants, tours, museums, the river, etc. The rooms are nice looking and spacious with big, comfy beds, floor to ceiling windows, and newish flat screen TVs. The bath products are spa quality with a great smell and real quality. The lobby is welcoming and the bar looks well stocked and inviting. The staff is attentive and accommodating. Would definitely stay there again but it does fall short of all 5s.

One thing this Hyatt is really lacking in is cleanliness. When I checked in, there was dirt on the shower bar; visible hair in the shower and on the tile bathroom floor (which means there was probably even more on the carpet that I couldn't see). Someone wasted chips on the floor near the elevator on day 2 of my stay there...the chips were still on the floor when I checked out on day 5.

A few other things I would expect a hotel of this caliber NOT to miss: cleanliness (worth repeating); a full length mirror somewhere in the room (the only mirror is over the sink in the bathroom); sufficient accessible electrical outlets near the bed (the only accessible outlets are on a surge protector on the desk which is too far to plug your cell phone in & use it as your alarm clock); an ottoman for the chair (the bed is too high to rest your feet on while sitting in the chair and there's plenty of room for an ottoman).

Room Tip: Try to avoid getting a room at the end of the hallway. The cleaning staff make a lot of noise bring...
Green Features: Didn't really notice any other than the option to not have your sheets and/or towels changed on a daily basis.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 30 April 2014

there is so much stuff to do in the vicinity of this building that its amazing. the hyatt has a well stocked lobby bar. the elevators run quickly and quietly. im sure whoever built this hotel pulled out all the stops to make this place top notch. its worth the extra money if you have it. a classy establishment.

1 Thank wintermute87
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel hit it out of the park. The 4/5 is based on the fact it was a little more expensive then some of the other hotels near by. If you don't mind paying a little more, the Hyatt will not disappoint.

This hotel is location is unbeatable if your trying to take part in the 4th street nightlife. There is also a hot dog vendor outside late night who is awesome (went to him every night). I arrived really early and they accommodated my early check in without any hassle. The in room shampoo and soaps are the best I have seen. It was nice to see a real travel size bottle of toothpaste was in the room (not the little packs). I had to carry on my bag, so I didn't pack any. Hotel also has nice fancy water out. I also would like to note the hotel staff where extremely professional in dealing with the members of our group at 3 am who might have lost their keys. I'm sure he wasn't the easiest to deal with, so the professionalism went a long way. Rooms are clean, plenty of towels and relatively new HD TV's in each room.

I was here for a guys weekend to party, and this hotel definitely fit the bill. If your looking for a quiet weekend getaway, i'm not sure this hotel (or any near 4th street) would be a fit.

Great Job Hyatt, compliments all around.

Room Tip: Get a low floor if your afraid of heights, the hotel has an open center core.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

A few friends (all late 20's) and I stayed at this hotel while vacationing for the Kentucky Bourbon tour and to explore downtown. It was the perfect place because it was central to everything, and perfect for bar hopping. Its RIGHT at fourth street live, but it was very quiet and we couldn't hear anything. We also did a mint julep tour for the distilleries which picks up at the Galt House, and it was only a 5 min walk.The visitors center that has the Urban Bourbon Tour passports was right next door. Great place to get suggestions, and they even gave us some coupons for free appetizers. There is no free breakfast, but there is an Einsteins Bagel in the lobby so it was a one stop shop.
The only 2 things I wish were different were the $10/day wifi and the double beds, not queen. I feel like everyone has free wifi these days, so it seemed steep.The site states double bed so we knew going into it, but i'm just used to a larger bed. One perk was that it was a longer double bed, and my 6'2 husband had no problem fitting on it. None of these were deal breakers, and I would definitely stay here again. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, and the location was great.

Room Tip: If you cant find availability on travel sites like expedia and booking.com, go directly to the hotel...
1 Thank Kristen R