“A classy experience!”
Review of The Brown Hotel

The Brown Hotel
Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 19 December 2013

If you like luxurious lobbies and grand old bars, this is your place. What a fantastic weekend destination. It's one of Louisville's finest and has hosted a bunch of celebrities and people of great imporrtance. The lobby was beautiful and the service was impeccable. Well worth every penny. As another reviewer wrote, you may find something newer or less expensive but, in my opinion, the Brown cannot be matched. We stayed for 2 nights and it was fabulous. Make sure to bring lots of money if you choose to drink in the bar though! It's quite pricey but the drinks were fabulous.

Room Tip: Our room had a large walk in closet and lots of floor space. My friends had a room that seemed much...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Always great to receive a wonderful review from a well traveled guest like yourself.
We started a new specialty drink program recently – thanks for commenting.
Please let me know when your travels bring you back our way and I’ll have a nice room for you.
bwalker@brownhotel.com

There are newer reviews for The Brown Hotel

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We occasionally like to try out a different hotel while traveling. This hotel is certainly a nice surprise! Many "older" hotels fall somewhat short of expectations, but The Brown does not. It is well-kept and the service is classy. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Bought the room through an Internet discount travel company and was at first disappointed I did not get a newer hotel buy what a nice surprise, got the room for about 40% off and it was great! Fully restored, wonderful furnishings and full bathroom. The lobby bar was an exceptional experience. Highly recommend this restored gem!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room! It was huge!,
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The Brown is a great old hotel with a wonderful staff, wonderful old bar on the second floor and a very good restaurant where we had both a breakfast and a lunch. My room was large and relatively recently renovated. I am sure there are both newer and less expensive hotels is Louisville but if you want to get the ambiance of the city and a great choice of bourbons offered by an experience barman, you cannot beat the Brown.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Delighted to read a wonderful review from a couple that travels a good deal.
Louisville is Bourbon Country and our lobby bartenders welcome the opportunity to talk to our guests about our 50+ brands.
Please let me know when your travels bring you back and I’ll have another nice room for you.
bwalker@brownhotel.com

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times and just was there this week. After a warm and friendly greeting by the front desk (Andrew), we took a look at our lovely room and view, and then headed out to see the Christmas lights at the Mega Caverns. Got back to the hotel around 7 PM, and enjoyed a great meal in the hotel lobby dining/bar area. Our server was very nice and very helpful - don't recall her name but she was perfect. Our room was quiet, warm, and had all the conveniences of home. If you have never stayed the Brown you should check it out. It is stately, quiet, and simply lovely inside. We travel quite a bit and it is one of our top hotel picks. There is an upscale restaurant (English Grill) and a nice breakfast/lunch restaurant (J Grahams) in the facility. A really nice luncheon buffet is offered Tues-Saturday at J Grahams). Also a restaurant across the street that appears to be a place for burgers and steaks, with bluegrass music

Room Tip: We like the rooms higher up that afford a view of the city. The fitness center is on the 4th floor...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Enjoyed reading your review and hearing that we have made it into your top hotel picks. Thank you for the nice thoughts on Andrew and our restaurants.
We look forward to having you back with us in future.
Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Wonderful experience--normally in Louisville I have stayed at the Seelbach Hilton but chose The Brown Hotel this time with my wife. First time for either of us to stay here, what a wonderful surprise. The room, on the club level, was excellent, seemed to be newly decorated, very tastefully. Dining in the main Grill Room was a great event, very good food with nice wine choices and excellent service. Ate breakfast in the J. Graham's Cafe and had another great experience.
Will return...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Mr. Parker,
Delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and so pleased to learn you will be moving to us from the other hotel up the street!!
We look forward to being your favorite hotel in town. Please let me know when your travels next bring you to Louisville and I’ll block a great room for you.
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 4 December 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed fairly recently on an extended weekend. We initially booked at this locale for convenience as we were attending a show at the Palace. But it turned out to be a grand experience. Room service was wonderful, I highly recommend the mushroom bisque. Plus, you cant get around trying a Hot Brown. I slept like a baby, and the room and bathroom were nice and tidy. The only thing I might mention is that the bathroom was a bit drafty. Which I might expect was due to the fact we had a corner room. Even that aside this was a great experience, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. I also recommend browsing the various exhibits on display throughout the building. As a history buff that for me only adds to the charm and appeal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Always great to hear from a guest having a GRAND experience.
Thank you for your nice thoughts.
First time I have heard of a draft in the bathroom in my eleven years at the Brown, but please let me know when you next return and I will personally block a nice room and check the bathroom prior.
Hope to see you back.