The Brown Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Red Roof Inn Louisville East(Louisville)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$214
US$180
  • Pool
2,111 results
All reviewslobby barclub levelhistoric hotelpiano playerbell staffberry piemodern amenitiesdowntown louisvillesouthern charmcorner roombeautiful lobbyvalet parkingroom was largean older hotelbourbon trailbed was very comfortablefourth street live
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Debbie and the sales/catering staff were simply fantastic in handling my event. They were very knowledgeable regarding the proper way to to "tea". I learned from them many things and did not have to worry about what to do when.They graciously guided me to an elegant afternoon at the Brown Hotel. We occupied the J Graham Suite. It was a beautiful setting with a stupendous view of the beautiful lobby. The balcony went from the suite all the way to the other end and wrapped around across from it. The refurbished ceiling felt as if we could touch it as we gazed at it in awe.
The front desk and lobby bar were also very attentive and welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Polly T
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I spent NYE 2013 at the Brown. We had been to 21C several times and wanted to see how the Brown measured up.....must say the room facilities have less street noise than 21C; we liked that a great deal. Room service was great and little things like not having to call for "ice" was a huge plus.

We were located on the 13th floor which was to come with access to private lounge providing afternnon drinks/foodie and the same for breakfast. We found it to be quality foods and service; but if you did not get by early on the foods/drink offerings were not replaced with the same foods or not at all. Management may want to look into this shortcoming as we over heard several guest note this; at one point we went by on afternoon to have a few snacks and there were no plates. My wife readily found the hostee and she provided plates from the service area.

Overall "A" we will return. Happy New Year.

Room Tip: Room 1303 very quite, no street noise or from the halls.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pan513
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive notes on our quiet rooms and the little comparison to the hotel up the street.
Thank you also for the constructive thought on our club floor food. Please let me know when your travels next bring you our way and I will personally check to ensure we have all the hors d’oeuvres you could ever want.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Brown hotel stands behind every word they published. The service on the club floor was out standing and above and beyond. The host provided us with plenty of information about what to do and where to go and the information was useful and spot on. The club floor is a remarkable deal. We traveled with a family of 4 and the wine and nibbles during the cocktail hour were lovely and the breakfast the following morning was perfect for our needs. I would highly recommend this hotel and package to anyone. The bar is a fun spot to be to try a bourbon after a long day of sightseeing.
All of the staff were extremely helpful and polite. Our room was great and the chocolate on our pillow speaks volumes about service. I would highly recommend this . Easy walking distance to down town about 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Corner room was terrific.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Enjoyed your comments. Thank you for the nice thoughts on our service and the value of our club floor.
Please let me know if I may be of assistance on a future visit.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently because I was attending training at the nearby HUD office. The hotel staff was terrific. The room I got was on the corner of the building and had an excellent view! The wifi was free which was a change from the last time I stayed at the Brown. Parking (self or valet) is readily available. It located in close proximity to 4th street live which is always fun..

Room Tip: The corner room I had (1101) had a great layout and view!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TwylaMae197
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks so much for your nice thoughts.
Our wireless internet is free to our guests in their room as well as in the lobby, restaurants and meeting rooms - a great cost saver compared to staying at all those cookie cutter, chain hotels here in the downtown.
We look forward to seeing you back.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The BEST HOTEL I've ever stayed at. Top of the line service. Loved it. Will go back. Beautiful hotel. Excellent service from bellman staff. Always addressed us as Mr. and Mrs. We went out to dinner and they sent a shuttle to come pick us up. 4 stars.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngelaRitchie3674

Dear Guest,
Love hearing a guest write “Best hotel ever.”
Please let me know when your travels next bring you our way and I’ll block a nice room.
Look forward to having you back with us.