The Brown Hotel
US$180
US$194
US$173
2,095 results
All reviewslobby barclub levelhistoric hotelpiano playerbell staffberry piemodern amenitiesdowntown louisvillesouthern charmcorner roombeautiful lobbyvalet parkingroom was largean older hotelbourbon trailbed was very comfortablefourth street live
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Brown for him to attend a meeting. The meeting rooms were suitable for their needs. Our room was adequately appointed and comfortable. The bar staff were friendly, and the ambience of the hotel was inviting. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

As a disabled veteran, my wife and I rarely travel for leisure. This was our first stay at The Brown and we highly recommend it to anyone from business travellers to couples looking for a getaway.

The customer service we received was superior to any hotel we've ever stayed with in the past. Each employee of the hotel greeted us as if we were the most important people in the building every time we encountered them, regardless of the reason or question we had.

The room was absolutely beautiful, furnished with a plush pillowtop bed that can only be described similarly to sleeping on a cloud. We were in a Club Level Suite and the amenities it offers from terry cloth bathrobes, floor level key entry access, to free drinks in the Club Level Lounge, just to name a few, makes it a terrific value.

The English Grille is available for those who like me, have no particular schesule for when they are hungry. We ordered room service and was stunned by the quality of the food; it seemed as though our meal was freshly made to order even though it was almost midnight. Everything tasted exquisite from the champagne to our meal.

The hotel is in the heart of downtown Louisville, where so much history is still alive. From famous thoroughbred horses to legendary prize fighters, bourbons to iconic baseball bats, there's bound to be something for everyone within a close proximity.

Our stay at The Brown Hotel was absolutely perfect and while I am a hopeless romantic, the staff at The Brown Hotel made it all possible. I will be forever grateful to those of you who made our stay a truly memorable one. -Joseph & Jera D.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Joseph D
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Great to read your wonderful review. Our staff loved reading your kind words.
We hope to have you back in the near future. Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.
Regards,
Brad Walker
Vice President and General Manager
bwalker@brownhotel.com

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for a weekend conference. This Historic hotel is in a great location for walking downtown. The valet parking was excellent as well as the Room Service Staff. I order the
Kentucky Derby Pie and it was delicious. The Hotel is not new but still retains a lot of its charm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The location is great, just a few blocks from the action on 4th Street. There is a fee for valet parking, but you can park the car yourself in a garage just a couple of blocks away on Chestnut St. for VERY little money. We're told the parking is free on weekends! If you're in Louisville when Churchill Downs is open, it's worth a visit. Also, take the 75 minute Trolley Tour. But back to the Brown Hotel, staying there is like going back in time; truly an experience. And you must get a Hot Brown while at the hotel - the original! It's very rich, so 1 is enough for 2 at lunch. The staff at the hotel is extremely helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a "club" room on the 11th floor which entitled us to breakfast in the AM, and wine and cheese in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda F
Reviewed 2 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com