“Nice Stay!”
Review of Seelbach Hilton

Seelbach Hilton
Ranked #18 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here while in Louisville for a business trip. We enjoyed our stay! The room we had was small, but it was unique. The hotel is convenient to 4th Street Live and good restaurants.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Amie H

Reviewed 15 October 2012

We choose this hotel to enjoy a weekend of play in the Louisville area. The location is good (right at the beginning of the 4th Street experience). The rooms are a little small (as this is an older hotel), but well kept. The executive lounge was hit/miss. On Friday night it didn't appear to be open (this was around 6pm), and on Saturday they had a limited honor bar set up. We used the valet for the in/out convience with our car ($25/day), and thought they were extremely efficient. The hotel bar was ok - no music and very dark.
If we go back to this area we would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night check in after 7pm. Drove up and did not see any signs for parking. It was dark, but I could tell there was a valet in front and I asked him and got to the parking structure. Cramped and is ajoining the hotel. I got to the lobby and it is old school with high ceilings and claw leg chairs. I checked in on line and was assigned a different number room. Maybe the room I picked was smaller cause I picked a lower number room, thinking it was in the corner, but this hotel is a maze after maze of turns. I'm a Hilton Honors repeat stays at the Hilton chain, so I think the clerk would be a bit more courteous and explain when I had a question. Since I was a gold member, I thought they were going to comp me parking and breakfast at the restuarant. "Parking is actually $16 if you pay yourself and breakfast in the hotel is $$." I mention the Hilton Honors and he says I have access to the concerige level with drinks and desert at a minimal cost for drinks. So I head up to the room and try to open the door, boy it is heavy. Get in and surprising roomly and plush. Bathroom was huge with all the amentities. Maybe that's why I was assigned a different room from online checkin. Head down the the concerige level and find the hospitality room. Cold drinks, desert, cookies and fruit are there. It's almost like your living room and kitchen all into one. Maybe two people there and I'm chatting with the attendant. I mentioned that I thought there was going to be comp breakfast and he tells me breakfast is tomorrow at the same location and it includes scambled eggs and sausage, That's what I wanted to hear. Back up to the room and it was a connecting one, door is paper thin, I could hear the chatter and TV going on. It stops and I eventually get to sleep. Next morning, use the fitness center and get my eggs and coffee at 0 dark thirty. The morning attendant tells me to check out the lower level ballroom and bar if I had time. I went down there and it look like a WWII ballroom and I was going to see Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson spring from behind a pillar and start throwing hand grenades. Upon checkout, I did not get the same feeling as from the two attendants on the concierge level. Those two guys should be training the staff. Overall, I like this place and would consider staying here again if I travelled through Louisville.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This place it a great place to stay. The staff is wonderful. The only problem I had during my three night stay was a loud wedding on the tenth floor. Other than that I highly recommend it. If you go visit The Rathskellar Room in the basement.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2012

What we liked: The location, 4th street live is just a half block away. The ambience, it is beautiful old hotel with wonderful common spaces. The staff, they were lovely.
What we didn't like: The bathroom was so small that I could not sit on the toilet. The toilet roll holder extended to the space over the toilet. We asked to change rooms and were given a room on the HIlton Honors floor that had a normal sized bathroom. I resent paying for wi-fi in this day and age. Come on folks.. that is silly. It is free at HIlton Garden Inns, for goodness sake.
There was no refrigerator in the room; they said they would send one, but never did. They apparently ran out.

Room Tip: Be sure you check the room and bathroom out before decamping; you might need to ask for a change.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The Seelbach Hilton is a very nice hotel in downtown Louisville. The location is great for nightlife. It is across the street from Fourth Street Live, which is a nice pedestrian area with bars and restaurants.

The hotel staff is wonderful! Every time we walked through the door, the doormen would hold the door for us and say hello. The front desk staff was very nice and orderly, making check in a breeze.

The hotel itself is very historic. From the lobby to the bars, it makes you feel like the old Louisville days, but it still keeps its modern amenities.

The hallways leading to the rooms are a little confusing, only because there are a lot of turns, but it adds to the hotel's charm. The room is very comfortable with comfortable beds, and it is very spacious. There were no complaints about the room.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed here this past Saturday for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had requested the upgrade but were told upon check-in that they were at full capacity due to 3 weddings. That was not a problem so we checked-in to our originally requested queen deluxe room. We stepped off the 9th floor elevator and found out real quick we were near the elevator. The hotel rooms have really old doors and there is an unusually large space at the bottom of the door. We could hear everything in the hallway all night. Every time someone got off of the elevator it rang a bell or ding of some sort. We could hear every (drunk) conversation as people went down the hall. One nice girl decided to plant herself in one of the chairs outside of the elevator and talk on her cell phone for about 30 minutes. It was sometime in the middle of the night. Honestly, I think I woke up 10 times. We immediately took naps when we got home.

On a side note, we went to the bar for a coffee and dessert on our way back from dinner. When we sat down we noticed the table was sticky. Didn't think much about it until another group came in and the women were wiping off their table also. At one time, I counted over 50 people in the bar and only one waitress. At full capacity, I would expect more staff but who knows.

The room was small but clean (except behind the toilet). The bed was comfortable but I didn't get the linens. We thought they forgot the bedspread because it looked liked sheets only. I think it was for sanitary reasons or something but was kinda odd.

We enjoyed the in-room coffee maker. Just a note.. there were no sticks to stir creamer and sugar.

We had a good time never the less but were a little disappointed in our experience.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple