“Disappointed”
Review of Seelbach Hilton

Seelbach Hilton
Ranked #19 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is average at best...service was not what I have come to expect from Hilton hotels...room was not ready at time of check in...was told it would be within the hour and they would contact me by cell when it was ready...two hours later I still had not been contacted...returned to the hotel to find it was ready...maintenance worked outside of room...noise!...but we were not contacted they would be working there...was double charged incorrectly for room rate...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa R
Peter D, Guest Relations Manager at Seelbach Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We appreciate you taking a moment to share your thoughts from your recent stay. I would have to agree that your experience seems to have fallen short of what you can and should expect from Hilton Hotels. I apologize for our failure to follow up with you regarding the status of your room. If we offered to call you on your cell then we should have executed accordingly. My apologies as well for our failure to properly communicate with you about any maintenance needs that would cause noise near your room.

It is also concerning that there may have been a double charge on your room bill. If this has not been resolved please contact the hotel directly. You may ask for myself, Carlos G - Director of Hotel Services, or any Front Desk Supervisor. We would be happy to quickly resolve any billing issues that may be pending.

Please let me know if your travels will be bringing you to Louisville in the future. I would like to personally assist in securing the appropriate accommodations for your next stay. We take great pride in being a part of the Hilton Family of hotels and we want you to take equal pride in staying at our property.

Peter D

Write a ReviewReviews (1,802)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Every year I visit Louisville for a week, and while I stay at a different hotel, I always go to the Seelbach bar because of its literary connection (mentioned in The Great Gatsby). Each time I go I am reminded why I don't like the place. The bar staff are rude and generally not particularly friendly. After three years I'm done with this place. When the staff don't seem to appreciate guests, why go?

1  Thank Todd M
Peter D, Guest Relations Manager at Seelbach Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent visit. Please accept my sincere apology for the poor service you received in the Old Seelbach Bar. We take great pride in the historic elements of the hotel, especially the connection to the Great Gatsby. Our team member service should always reflect that same pride. We are taking advantage of these comments to help better train our team.

If a trip to Louisville is on the yearly calendar, we would certainly enjoy the opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, or to let us know when you will be back in town. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I stayed at the Seelbach Easter weekend in conjunction with a relatives wedding and wedding reception which both took place at the hotel. As a wedding venue, the Seelbach is quit spectacular. The ceremony was held upstairs in a beautiful well appointed hall that was simply but well decorated. Large windows afforded guests spectacular views of downtown Louisville. A cocktail hour followed in an adjoining room. Their were a wide variety of refreshments available and the young staff provided top notch service. A dinner and dancing followed in the downstairs ballroom. It was a fascinating room with interesting arches and tiling. The dinner was probably one of the best I have had at a large scale hotel reception. The salmon, filet and fresh asparagus were all perfectly prepared. Again, the hotel staff shined. Excellent waiters and bartenders.

The hotel is centrally located and major attractions are within easy walking distance. Fourth Street is closed off nearby with numerous chain restaurants lining the street and sidewalks.

The hotel lobby is spectacularly ornate and has a Starbucks off to the side. There is a bar to the side of the lobby with typical hotel prices.

The rooms fall a bit behind the rest of the hotel experience. The rooms are small the bathroom is small the bureaus are small and our window view was a brick wall. We requested a room cleaning at a time which we could coordinate with our getting prepared for the wedding but that did not occur despite several hours notice. Overall, the rooms were well kept and clean but nothing to write home about. We were charged 20 dollars extra per night for an allergen room. Other than a loudly running air purifier which we unplugged so we could sleep, not sure exactly what we got for the $20 surcharge.

The public areas of the hotel including the lobby and wedding celebration locations were pretty impressive. The rooms? Eh, not so much. Worth a stay? Yes. But don't plan on staying in your room when better sites beckon.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Steven1146

Thank you for your detailed response. We are thrilled that you had a great experience in our banquet and public space facilities in conjunction with the wedding. We love hosting such special occasions and helping make lasting family memories. I will certainly communicate your, "top notch" compliments to our banquet department. They will be thrilled with the review.

I am sorry to hear that we did not hit the same high marks in your guest room. There is certainly no excuse for failing to execute the room cleaning you requested. I am also disappointed the Pure Room did not meet the value you expected. The Pure Rooms are designed to help you get better sleep. It seemed to do the opposite and I certainly apologize.

We certainly look forward to a return visit in the future, whether family is getting married or not! It would be our pleasure to better serve your guest room needs. Thank you for staying with us! We will see you next time!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel has an international reputation for history,location,and service. The food is outstanding,the staff is friendly and understand what hospitality is all about. While this is a star in the Hilton Chain,it has the feeling of a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is beautiful and has so much history; this was the greatest part to me. It is what you would expect of a hotel of its age in general but it has certainly been updated. I stayed here on a business trip and i must say that the hotel certainly caters and takes care of its guests. Do note wifi is not free and there is no complementary breakfast. These were both negatives for me. However, there are perks from concierge available on the seventh floor if you have access. It is in a great location to very close entertainment and food options.

Room Tip: One negative about this is that one evening I could hear very loud music coming from a performer wit...
2  Thank LatoyaTravels
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Beautiful hotel with lots of history and art, but rooms very small, and noise from hallways was mildly disturbing. Great location - It's right on 4th street in walking distance to anywhere but with bars open till 4:00 a.m. lots of late night doors banging and hallway talking especially over the weekend. Convenient to 4th street clubs and restaurants and most downtown activities but no pool or spa, and not smoker friendly. Food served at meetings was great and very friendly staff.

1  Thank susanch58
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Wonderful hotel in a great location! Great food, great service, WONDERFUL location....lots of things to do within walking distance (Fourth street live is next door). Foot in the hotel is great, room service food is a good value and great food, deliverd by wonderful staff.

1  Thank Mark W