We were meeting some friends in downtown Louisville, and they had already selected this property. We were fortunate in that we were able to use Hilton Honors points to book our room.
First of all, this is a great location in downtown Louisville. Fourth Street Live (covered street pavilion like downtown Las Vegas) is literally across the street. We walked to quite a few places and were really surprised by how nice the Louisville downtown was.
The hotel is a very old "classic" kind of building that brings all of those features into the discussion. The building is 100 years old or such, and so it has the ornate lobby, a fancy bar, and supposedly some nice restaurants - we didn't have time to see much of that. But it was a nice classic entrance and the hotel has a lot of character. Al Capone supposedly hung out here a log during and after Prohibition.
Our room was fine - possibly slightly dated, but it was roomy, and the bed was excellent. We didn't have much of a view (in our free room), but we weren't in there much anyway.
We self-parked in the garage behind the building and our overnight fee was $16. Didn't seem to bad, and a bit less than I expected.
Overall good stay...would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Downtown Hotel with Old World Charm and modern amenities - Home of The Oakroom, Kentucky's only 5 Diamond restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Seelbach Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seelbach Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Louisville Seelbach Hotel
- Seelbach Hilton Louisville Hotel
- Hilton Louisville