“Not too bad, but definitely could be better”

Ramada Louisville North
Ranked #68 of 96 Hotels in Louisville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Kingman
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We arrived and checked into our room. Door frame was busted, carpets were dirty, potato chips on the window ledge, towel rack half torn off the wall. My wife was scared to even stay at the hotel. I went to the front desk and wanted to check out and get refund to stay somewhere else, but was not allowed to do so. I was given another room, it was cleaner. Didn't get so sleep until after 12:30 a.m. because of the noise. People were yelling and going in an out of the lobby, slamming the door and yelling. The hotel was in poor condition. It was not clean and did not feel safe, wish my family would have slept in our car instead of spending $127.00. I have stayed in hotels that are half the price that were much nicer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

LouisvilleRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Louisville North, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Matt
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only
meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make our stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel the end of july, I had always had good luck with Ramada Inn.
The room looked good, but the next day I noticed I had hundreds of red marks all over my body.
I emailed and called the hotel but I got the standard answer. " were sorry, we will look into it". Never heard back again.
My room had a major bed bug issue. I would guess the whole hotel has the problem.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
LouisvilleRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Louisville North, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Troy
Thank you for staying at Ramada Louisville North. I apologize for the inconvenience but as communicated to you via email with the report from our pest control company that the room you stayed in DOES NOT HAVE any Bed Bugs issues as you have stated in your review.

I even shared the number of times that room has been rented after you checked out. We take issues like this very seriously and our staff is well trained to spot Bed Bug infestation should there be any.

Let alone this issue, we have our pest control company spray the rooms for any types of insects that can go in the room. Also you must be aware that hotels don't like to have bed bugs. They are brought in by guest and we now have added responsibility to get our rooms inspected.

I understand your reaction, however the rash on your hand may also be from something else. Once again if you would like the copy of the report again then I can resend it. You can even call our pest control company without me being on the phone and they can validate the report for you.

Naresh Krishnani

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Erwin, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 August 2014

When I booked at this hotel, nowhere on the website did I read that the rooms open to the outside, otherwise I wouldn't have considered it. Arrived at the room to find the door was open, so I made a 'sweep' of it to make sure no one was in there. To close the door completely you had to slam it so hard that the wall mirror in the back of the room would swing out about 3 inches from the wall. The bathroom was about the size of a closet and had no exhaust fan. The drain in the tub didn't quite do it's job, which was disgusting. The bed was OK, but the pillows were lumpy. One of the electrical outlets was barely attached to the wall. There was no channel guide for the TV and no phone book. Didn't use the fridge or microwave. Overall, the room felt unsafe and unclean and I will not stay there again or recommend it to anyone. Judging by the look and feel of the front desk area, I wouldn't have guessed that the rooms would be in such a state.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere if at all possible.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
LouisvilleRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Louisville North, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Bridget

Our pictures show that we are exterior corridor property. I did verify our hotel website on the main page under Safety and Security Section it states "Entrance - Accessible by Exterior Entrance". I am also shocked to hear that if a mirror swings 3 inches and hit the wall then it would have crushed into pieces. I understand that we have to fix the latching of it. Our trained staff would have given you a different room should you have requested at check -in or after you found and issue with the room.

Lakeland
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Cleans rooms! That is one of the good things here. Great staff,whole hotel is clean and up to date. Freshly painted rooms,new ac units and carpet. Big pool. They need to enforce pool closing hours,party people stayed till 10 or so and the laughter and talking kept you awake. After that it was quiet . Good prices for rooms also.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you Patricia!! Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our first night the trailer we left in the parking lot was stolen. They popped the lock, and licence plate. The owner was no help. Not enough cameras, he did Not compensate us. There was a pool but it was occupied by drunken frat boys. Plus side, we got a breakfast that did NOT make us sick. We're still alive. We do conventions and the Philadelphia getto did not steal our trailer. That tells you something. There was a stop and rob gas station near by, but don't go there alone.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest
I apologize for the inconvenience but I honestly stand by this, that the event was not Hotel's fault or staff ignorance. Our hotel is had 117 rooms spread over 7.25 acres. Putting surveillance over a big lot like ours is surely a challenging task.

On phone you mentioned that you have been an ex-police officer and I wanted to ask if you blamed every owner of the property where the theft occurred for every crime? Since 2008 that our management has been running this hotel there have been no theft occurred at this hotel and I can proudly say that you are welcome to investigate incident reports from Louisville Metro Police department. We never had a soda machine broken into over these years.

During National Street Rods show we had several cars valued over 200K parked at our lot over 3 days and no one touched those cars. We are in one of the safe and richest neighborhood of Louisville. I offered to help you by calling the local authorities and I am sure your insurance company would help you get reimbursement.

I understand that it did put dent in our reputation in front of you, and I am sorry about the incident.

Naresh Krishnani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
East Louisville
Old Louisville
Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport
South Side
Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo

Been to Ramada Louisville North? Share your experiences!