“Good Location for University of Louisville”

Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport
Ranked #71 of 100 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Hotel has been around a long time and is being updated, has a long way to go however. It is close to I-65 and there isn't any close restaurants, just fast food. Location is also good for the Kentucky Derby, one of the closest to Churchill Downs. My biggest disappointment was the breakfast, same items each day. Can't really handle biscuits and gravy seven days a week for three weeks. Housekeeping did a great job. Used the exercise room every day, and the equipment worked fine. The internet worked fine the second week after they did some upgrades to it. The two person Jacuzzi worked just fine.
So overall just a average hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
tkr101, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor as we value your opinion and appreciate your honesty.We hope you decide to stay again if you are in Louisville.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

The hotel staff was kind and the bed was comfy but the breakfast was lacking. No real hot items were offered besides waffles but they were good. It was an unexpected stay but they seem to be the only hotel in louisville with a jacuzzi so we decided on it. It was close to downtown and anywhere else we wanted to go but getting back on I-65 could be a little scary at night. The walls were a little thin but it seemed most people went to bed early so it wasn't a big deal. The indoor pool was a bit cold too but it was 40 for a high outside the day we swam so a pool heater would be a great addition. The rooms were clean but the wood furniture could use a bit of maintenance on them. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
tkr101, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor and we appreciate your feedback. We are one of the only hotels in the city to offer Jacuzzi brand tubs in 90% of our rooms, which come in 3 different styles at this location. We do have a heater on the pool as we normally keep it between 83 to 85 degrees but even though it is a indoor pool we keep that room pretty warm so when you get into the water it may seem cooler than that due to the difference with the water/air temperature. We are currently under some renovations so if you ever return I am sure that your next visit will be better than the last. Thanks again,as we value your opinion and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I booked this hotel for 5 nights for a long conference and it was a POOR choice for business. The Wi-Fi Internet did not work at all. The hallways smell like smoke and the room smelled like must and mold. The bathroom had cracks in the wall, tile, etc. and felt dirty. The elevator felt unstable. The parking was poorly lit and the hotel is in a shady part of town - made me VERY uncomfortable. The highway is RIGHT NEXT to the hotel and noise made it hard to sleep. The walls are thin and I had a snoring customer in the room next to me, also making sleep hard. Finally, 2 nights I came back to the smell of weed outside my door and there were staff outside on the stoop smoking and talking loudly after 10pm, right by my window, also causing trouble for sleep.
The rooms are big and have a full kitchen - great for families on the go.
But DO NOT STAY HERE ON A BUSINESS TRIP!
Breakfast was lame. Coffee was terrible.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My room was pretty quiet, even though the freeway was VERY CLOSE. The vaulted ceiling in the penthouse was a nice touch but I wish it had had a couple of plastic forks in the kitchenette. The bed was high off the floor and the previous guest had forgotten to turn off the alarm.

Room Tip: The bed in the penthouse ought to come with a step stool. It's to high for short people.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gails21_13
tkr101, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thanks for leaving your review on TripAdvisor, we really do appreciate your comments and we will consider your suggestions regarding the step-stool for the canopy beds. We do keep some dishes and silverware or plastic-ware at the front desk if you ever return and need any of these items.Again thank you, we greatly value your feedback.

Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I travel for a living and stay in hotels over 250 nights each year. The hotel staff is kind and courteous. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. They have everything the traveler needs.

• Stayed: February 2013
tkr101, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on tripadvisor.com. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you decide to return again if in Louisville.Thanks again as we value your opinion greatly from someone who travels as much as yourself and we truly believe that guest feedback is very important. We will continue to make imorovements at the property to insure your next visit with us will hopefully be better than the last.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I had stayed at this hotel 2 years ago with no issues, but after reading so many negative reviews I was a little nervous about returning. I chose to give it a try anyway as I was only going to be there a few nights, the rate was right & very close to the University. I was pleasantly surprised, the room seemed to look better than it had 2 years prior. I looked all over the room. I could not find a single spider web let alone a spider. This hotel is in a industrial area, and has a different feel about it, however I felt perfectly safe. The local PD does numerous patrols around the area and sometimes even sits in the hotel parking lot. I would however stay away from the Shell station I believe it was after dark. There tends to be many people that seem like drug addicts hanging around trying to get money from patrons to feed their habit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
tkr101, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

We appreciate your feedback on tripadvisor.com and thank you for giving us a chance again despite some bad reviews and that means alot really coming from someone with so many prior reviews posted. Ill tell you honestly that at least 98% of all the guests that stay with us enjoy their stay or at least say they do when they check out with me the next day,and most return. We realize that not every guest that stays will have a favorable view and some feel the need to share this opinion which is great really. Sometimes though it is abused as recently as yesterday someone demanded that we refund completely a 2 night stay or they will be leaving terrible reviews on all review websites and we can not give into this type of threat so I expect the next one to be a scathing review with a bad rating. If you do return again in the near future you will see again that the property has improved (as it did between your past two visits) we are investing another half million dollars or more into improvements at the property in 2013. Again thanks for leaving your review as I really wish everyone that stayed with us did as we would definitely have a better rating but unfortunately alot of times people only leave reviews when they are not happy with a place and we refuse to pay companies or individuals to leave false positive reviews which I am sure some establishments do as we get calls offering this service from time to time.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Other than the bugs in the room it was fine. The front desk changed rooms immediately and was very polite. Of course we were moved to the room next door which did not make me feel completely happy and they did not discount my room for the inconvenience. I doubt I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Brandi S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
South Side
Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
South Side
Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo

Been to Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport? Share your experiences!