“Friendly staff.........but”
Review of DuPont Suites

DuPont Suites
Ranked #91 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 14 October 2011

The staff is very friendly but the rooms need a good cleaning or better yet a complete redo. The bathroom was dirty and if you stay more than one night, it's get your own towels. They don't clean the rooms each day either, I believe once a week.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nelson W

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Despite many stays at a variety of lackluster hotels throughought th world, I have never followed through on my inclination to warn the world against a hotel. Until now. Filthy does not begin to describe this place as filth implies something that can be cleaned. The filth that has saturated this hotel can only be eradicated by imploding the building , burning what remains and, perhaps, after a couple of hundred years, when the bacteria I found on my mattress has reached its half-life and after priests of several denominations have performed exorcisms, then maybe this corner of Louisville can be called clean.

After staying here for over a week, the rudeness of the staff, the hopeless looks in the eyes of the long-term "guests," all become secondary to the odor that, by this point, has permeated your very soul. Camp, sleep in your car, find a 24 hour adult cinema, a Denny's bathroom but do not, please, do not, stay here. You have been warned.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Hermitrogloditicle
Reviewed 14 May 2011

This place is a mess. Their front desk is a small office cluttered with lots of random stuff. The carpets in the hallways have black paths of dirt, but this is a good thing, in case of fire you can always find the exit! Room had damaged walls, TV was ancient and AC unit had a spoon, old chewing gum and some more stuff in it.

I checked out two hours after arriving, and the lady at the front desk didn't even ask what was wrong. Must happen a lot..

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank maciekish
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Lisa was very nice and helpful, but the rooms where to be desired. I made reservations for non smoking, and got smoking. We are not smokers and it was horrible. We bought spray to help. They booked up and had no other to offer. I would not plan on staying here again. The kitchen is very lacking. Bed was clean or I couldn't have stayed.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I booked this room because it appeared to be a decent place at a decent rate. Before I arrived I was having difficulty locating the hotel so I called repeatedly. And NO answer. Finally found it and upon my arrival I walked into the lobby to be welcomed with a very stale and unpleasant odor and to find no one on duty. A sign said to pick up hotel phone and dial 600. I did so twice before anyone answered. After "c hecking in" against my better judgement I told my wife to help me unpack the car and get our 18 month girl in the building.

(I would have contacted Hotwire at the time of my arrival but it was midnight and I really needed to get my family settled for the night plus I had a surgical consultation at 9am the following morning.)

The carpets were filthy in the lobby, halls and room. I did not want my daughter to touch anything there. There was dried toothpaste on the bathroom water faucet and again dirty tile floors. The mold/mildew smell in the room was only enhanced by the continuous blowing & recirculation of the same via the AC unit. My sinuses went wild.

Let me finish by stating how unsafe I felt from the moment of my arrival until the sun came up the next morning. I will also be contacting this brand name directly. If Hotwire is serious about customers this one needs to come OFF the list! I Extended Stay Corporation is concerned with image, gut this building and start over! I welcome anyone's correspondence.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ShannonBunch
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Quite possibly the nastiest hotel I've ever stayed in. Dirty, disgusting, & gross. I honestly don't think they clean between guests.

1  Thank Bunchofmoney
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We stayed in Queen Deluxe Studio (1401 Browns Lane, Louisville, KY). The carpet smelled real bad, and it was sticky. They haven't changed or cleaned carpets in a very long time. The walls were ugly-looking, not clean, broken in some places which were covered up with plastic fittings. Overall, this is the worst Extended Stay I have seen so far. I have seen some very good ones too, and I booked this expecting a similar experience but it was a big mistake. No value for money. The stay here might ruin your trip. If you have nowhere else to go, you can stay here. Else, this is not a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family