“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of DuPont Suites

DuPont Suites
Ranked #91 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I'm not sure why there are so many bad reviews here of this hotel. I mean, it's not the Hilton but it's also not nasty, scummy or slummy like some of the reviews say. Perhaps I came at just the right time but it looked to me like it was in a good neighborhood and I did not see any of the things mentioned in the other reviews.

Clean room, great amenities, nice neighborhood. What more can you ask for? The price of under $70, including tax was perfect and the service was great. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mami2three
Joe O, Manager at DuPont Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for your review. The staff works hard to provide a clean and comfortable rooms with friendly service. It was refreshing to hear that all the hard work during the past months has paid off and you found the hotel a great value. Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

This is perhaps the worst hotel I have ever stayed in over 25 years. I awoke to no water to flush toilet, brush teeth and take a shower. I had to attend a meeting and was not fresh. Apparently the hotel is undergoing renovation. Upon check in I should have been advised of the time that water was to be turned off. Or, the morning front desk clerk should have advised me that water was being turned off. After complaining to the desk clerk, she called maintenance to have them turn on the water for a few minutes so I can refreshen. Maintenance declined. I should have known something was up when I booked this reservation. My rate was cheap. Also the hotel is difficult to find in the dark, but evening desk clerk helped guide me to hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Joe O, Manager at DuPont Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your experienced a problem during your stay. I was informed that all guests were send notices that the water was to be off for a repair to the hotel, we will review the process that we use to communicate to our guests in the future to avoid this from happening again. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

I was traveling for work and needed a room for three nights. I booked here without reading reviews solely based on location. When I pulled up the outside of the building is in desparate need of upgrades. There were creepy people hanging around outside, they live there permenantly I assume. The hotel lobby smelled like mold and smoke. The hallway carpet was suppose to be green and was fiflthy black down the middle. When I approached my floor and opened the door all I could smell was smoke and dog pee, dogs barking, and babbies crying. The room was the most decent part of the hotel with the exception of a very obvious white stain on the couch and matching ones on the wall next to the edge of the bed. I turned right around and headed back down to the lobby. There was a man without a shirt on or shoes or socks walking down the hallway in his boxers that let out an extreamly loud belch as I was leaving. Seriously, I have never seen such a gross place. I told the front desk that I was leaving that this place is fiflthy and she asked if I wanted to try another room. NO THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Joe O, Manager at DuPont Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2012

I have read your posting. Since you did not stay at the hotel it is diificult to respond to your comments. I hope that you give Extended Stay America another chance and if not this hotel, stay at one of the other three hotels we have in the Louisville area.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed at Extended Stay America , St. Matthews for 8 days. The front office staff is really awesome and helpful. They are always ready to help you on any information. The rooms are pretty spacious and clean. Almost everything is available in the rooms for a relaxed living environment. The housekeeping staff is also helpful. The hotel has been maintained really well.I would recommend it to everyone travelling to Lousiville. Its value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Ankit P
ChristopherTM, Manager at DuPont Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Extended Stay America - Louisville St. Matthews. Extended Stay Hotels strives to offer great service and great rooms at a great rate, and we're glad that you feel we delivered. It was a pleasure to have you at our hotel. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in Louisville.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Yuck. I wanted to turn around after entering the hallway. First of all, it's impossible to find and no lighted sign in sight. It's grungy and worn and kind of scarry. I checked for bedbugs and wouldn't let my bag off the table for fear of something getting in it. Thank god the bathroom has a new tub/ shower with great pressure or I would have been out of there.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 14 October 2011

The staff is very friendly but the rooms need a good cleaning or better yet a complete redo. The bathroom was dirty and if you stay more than one night, it's get your own towels. They don't clean the rooms each day either, I believe once a week.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nelson W
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Despite many stays at a variety of lackluster hotels throughought th world, I have never followed through on my inclination to warn the world against a hotel. Until now. Filthy does not begin to describe this place as filth implies something that can be cleaned. The filth that has saturated this hotel can only be eradicated by imploding the building , burning what remains and, perhaps, after a couple of hundred years, when the bacteria I found on my mattress has reached its half-life and after priests of several denominations have performed exorcisms, then maybe this corner of Louisville can be called clean.

After staying here for over a week, the rudeness of the staff, the hopeless looks in the eyes of the long-term "guests," all become secondary to the odor that, by this point, has permeated your very soul. Camp, sleep in your car, find a 24 hour adult cinema, a Denny's bathroom but do not, please, do not, stay here. You have been warned.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo