“Only because of cost. you get what you pay for”

Crossland Economy Studios - Louisville - St. Matthews
Ranked #91 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
“Only because of cost. you get what you pay for”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

It was cheap and we got cheap. there was a distinct odor, some of the fixtures didn't work great and it certainly wasn't the cleanest place I had stayed. no bed bugs, no roaches, overall it was livable and, as I said, it was cheap and that is what I was after.
P.S. the room we had did not match the online pictures. they may have some that are renovated and some that are not. if you got a renovated one you might have a better experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jon A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Louisville - St. Matthews, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that some of the fixtures were not working correctly. I will be meeting with the maintenance department to make sure that all fixtures are fixed and working correctly. I also wanted to apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not up to standards and that there was an odor in your room. I have been training with my housekeepers to ensure that there are improvements made with the cleanliness of all of the rooms in our hotel.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at lsm@extendedstay.com so we can speak directly. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time your in the area.

…………………………………………….

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband for our one-year wedding anniversary. We were originally going to stay somewhere nicer, but our plans fell through and we ended up here. The lobby was nice but the place is NOT handicap accessible- at all!! No elevator! When we got to our room, it was fine. No shampoo or body wash in the bathrooms- that was annoying. The room looked a little run down and a little dirty, but it wasn't bad until we looked near the window. There were 4-5 roaches crawling on the ceiling. We killed those and figured that was it. Wrong! The curtains easily held about 50 roaches. Disgusting! We went to the front desk and changed rooms, where we found a dead roach near the A/C and two live roaches near the window. This room was cleaner than the last, though. We ended up just staying in the second room because we figured the rest of the rooms wouldn't be any better. We will never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Louisville - St. Matthews, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the level of cleanliness in both of the rooms you were given is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have had all of our rooms inspected and deep cleaned since your stay. As well, our housekeeping staff is working to revamp their cleaning procedures so our future guests are not affected.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at lsm@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Was in the middle of a move and need a cheap place to stay for about a month. I thought I could deal with a lower quality hotel to save money for such a long hotel stay. The lobby and room had an overpowering smoke smell. There was a decent kitchen, but the bed and chair were disgusting. Also the TV had to have been at least 20 years old. The worst part was that during my stay there was a fire in the hotel during the middle of the night. I'm a pretty light sleeper, but didn't wake up until I heard fire trucks pulling up to the hotel, followed by someone pounding on doors. When I left but there was smoke throughout the hall. It took about 2-3 hours for the fire department to clear the building. I collected my belongings to leave and never return.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Louisville - St. Matthews, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thomas - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been working very hard with my staff to ensure proper training on cleanliness and odor elimination. As well, I truly apologize for the fire which disturbed your stay. While this is not a normal occurrence, when such an event happens we must follow safety protocol to ensure our guests safety. This includes calling the fire department, knocking on doors and clearing the hotel until it is deemed ready for our return. My hope is to ensure that these types of events are kept to a minimum moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lsm@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Kendall, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I'm not sure why there are so many bad reviews here of this hotel. I mean, it's not the Hilton but it's also not nasty, scummy or slummy like some of the reviews say. Perhaps I came at just the right time but it looked to me like it was in a good neighborhood and I did not see any of the things mentioned in the other reviews.

Clean room, great amenities, nice neighborhood. What more can you ask for? The price of under $70, including tax was perfect and the service was great. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mami2three
Joe O, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Louisville - St. Matthews, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you for your review. The staff works hard to provide a clean and comfortable rooms with friendly service. It was refreshing to hear that all the hard work during the past months has paid off and you found the hotel a great value. Thanks again.
Allen, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2012

This is perhaps the worst hotel I have ever stayed in over 25 years. I awoke to no water to flush toilet, brush teeth and take a shower. I had to attend a meeting and was not fresh. Apparently the hotel is undergoing renovation. Upon check in I should have been advised of the time that water was to be turned off. Or, the morning front desk clerk should have advised me that water was being turned off. After complaining to the desk clerk, she called maintenance to have them turn on the water for a few minutes so I can refreshen. Maintenance declined. I should have known something was up when I booked this reservation. My rate was cheap. Also the hotel is difficult to find in the dark, but evening desk clerk helped guide me to hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Joe O, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Louisville - St. Matthews, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your experienced a problem during your stay. I was informed that all guests were send notices that the water was to be off for a repair to the hotel, we will review the process that we use to communicate to our guests in the future to avoid this from happening again. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I was traveling for work and needed a room for three nights. I booked here without reading reviews solely based on location. When I pulled up the outside of the building is in desparate need of upgrades. There were creepy people hanging around outside, they live there permenantly I assume. The hotel lobby smelled like mold and smoke. The hallway carpet was suppose to be green and was fiflthy black down the middle. When I approached my floor and opened the door all I could smell was smoke and dog pee, dogs barking, and babbies crying. The room was the most decent part of the hotel with the exception of a very obvious white stain on the couch and matching ones on the wall next to the edge of the bed. I turned right around and headed back down to the lobby. There was a man without a shirt on or shoes or socks walking down the hallway in his boxers that let out an extreamly loud belch as I was leaving. Seriously, I have never seen such a gross place. I told the front desk that I was leaving that this place is fiflthy and she asked if I wanted to try another room. NO THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Joe O, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Louisville - St. Matthews, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
I have read your posting. Since you did not stay at the hotel it is diificult to respond to your comments. I hope that you give Extended Stay America another chance and if not this hotel, stay at one of the other three hotels we have in the Louisville area.
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed at Extended Stay America , St. Matthews for 8 days. The front office staff is really awesome and helpful. They are always ready to help you on any information. The rooms are pretty spacious and clean. Almost everything is available in the rooms for a relaxed living environment. The housekeeping staff is also helpful. The hotel has been maintained really well.I would recommend it to everyone travelling to Lousiville. Its value for money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Ankit P
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Louisville - St. Matthews, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Extended Stay America - Louisville St. Matthews. Extended Stay Hotels strives to offer great service and great rooms at a great rate, and we're glad that you feel we delivered. It was a pleasure to have you at our hotel. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in Louisville.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman
Courtyard Louisville East
Courtyard Louisville East
#63 of 97 in Louisville
Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Louisville - St. Matthews? Share your experiences!