“You are better off sleeping in your car”
Review of DuPont Suites

DuPont Suites
Ranked #91 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 17 September 2008

Louisville is currently in the middle of the worst power outage in 30 years. The remants of Hurricane Ike blew through town on Sunday (9/14/08) with gusts of 75 mph. We have over 5000 power lines down. Also the Ryder Cup is this week so hotels were hard to come by to say the least.

My wife and went here for a night just to have some electricity, tv, internet, etc. We checked in and the receptionist was very nice and helpful. We walked up to second floor and entered the hallway, I immediately noticed how dirty the carpet was and there was also a stagnant feel to the air. We entered our room, looked around at the filth of a room and simply turned around and headed to the lobby to request a refund. Also our room overlooked the pool. This thing really looked more like pond, no kidding. The water was about half full and it was green. The room itself had a moldy stench and was likely last updated in the mid-80s.

I hate to bash a place so much but I'd rather do so than have a guest from out of town think this is a fair representation of Louisville.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MRM-KY

Reviewed 19 November 2007

First off this hotel is nearly impossible to find. It's way off the main roads and in a very dark not well lit area. The office is not a professional looking place. I went to check in and the lady was nice, but for some reason the was a gentleman in there doing nothing. He didn't even look as if he worked there. He started to ask me all kind of very personal questions and he was obviously intoxicated. At the point I realized that, I was tempted to just leave and not stay there, but it was late and I was tired and wanted a bed to sleep on.

I do plan on contacting Extended Stay Corprate about the gentleman who was there and drunk.

I asked for a Non smoking room and when I got in my room, there was a over whelming smoke smell. The room was dirty, the floors were grungy and not well kept. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone I know......

• Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 8 November 2007

I looked at several rooms at this location and I would not stay in any of them. I had stayed the previous night at another Extended Stay in Louisville and that was horrible as well. I would avoid this chain while in Louisville. The Louisville properties are unkept, dirty, small and overall substandard. Maybe their all owned by the same person......I don't know, but I would go anywhere else first.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)