“No Internet :(”

Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo
Ranked #73 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I stayed here for a few days when I was in Kentucky visiting a friend and I had a pretty good experience. I asked to be on the first floor because there was no elevator to the second, and I was told that would cost more. When I showed the manager that I had a walking cast on my foot he gave me the first floor for the same price.

The entire time we were here there wasn't Internet, and when I went to the front desk the manager told me he had been calling the company, and said I could also call the 1-800 number and try to get through. That was weird! I ended up having to go down to a McDonald's down the street and use their Internet, which was inconvenient being that I chose a hotel that was supposed to offer Internet.

The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The air conditioner in the lobby was broken (but not in the rooms) so the front door was always open and fans were blowing. It seemed to be falling apart I suppose.

At the end of the day I probably would stay here again because it was incredibly cheap and clean, minus the things going wrong. I prefer to save money so this hotel is a place to crash when I need to be in Louisville, and I am not really in my hotel room much anyway!

Room Tip: If you want a room on the bottom floor you have to pay more. Reserve your floor first, you might no...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you experienced Internet problems. Rest assured, the issue has been addressed and our Internet is back to functioning without issues.

I was disappointed to read that the lobby air conditioning was not working during your stay. We are currently undergoing a complete lobby renovation and it will be complete by Feb.1, 2013. You will be delightfully surprised by the changes we have made when you return to Louisville, KY. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 27 October 2012

I had to travel to Louisville on business. I was pleasantly surprised how clean this hotel was. The location is very convenient to the convention center. The breakfast was full and hot which is always welcome to begin the day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to be in town for a business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ZWERGLDAD
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Thank you for your review.. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Sleep Inn and Suites Louisville Airport and we appreciate your recommendations! Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Great customer service!! Very clean, bed comfortable, really nice breakfast. Manager and gentlemen at front desk doing what it takes!! I look forward to coming back & may just come back to stay here!
10/12/12
Sandy Meadows

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are very nice
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandy M

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our facility. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Our home was flooded and we had to choose a hotel. We had never stayed at a sleep inn . But it was close to our home so we could watch the progress on our home. We stayed thirty eight nights. The staff was very caring and wonderful. They did everything they could to make a bad situation as nice as possible. All the staff went above and beyond the call of duty for us. My husband and i are glad we choose sleep inn for our stay.

Room Tip: 212 Great Room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. We take great pleasure in hearing you were happy with your stay at our facility. We appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Was okay for a one night quick stop. Work in progress on updating, and boy does it need it. Was repairing roof but was not a bother a night. My fault for not asking about elevator...did not have one. Had some fresh paint inside, but carpet, wood trim needs attention. Was told rehab in progress. Minimal breakfast, but adequate. No, would not return to this particular Sleep Inn, but have enjoyed others and had excellent experience the next night at Sleep Inn in Bowling Green.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We were sorry to hear you would not return to our hotel. As you mentioned, we are in the process of a renovation and we have recently upgraded our continental breakfast. We would love for you to give us another chance if you are in the Louisville area again.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

After a long trip I was never so glad to finally get some rest. As with any other state I was a little sceptical about how the stay would be or how the atmosphire would be. I must say it was amazing. The rooms were fabulous, the building was clean and the staff went above and beyond to see that my family and I were taken care of. I know when I come through Louisville again I will never stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at Sleep Inn and Suites- Louisville Airpoirt. We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

This hotel was the WORST! We arrived an hour before check in and were told it would be 15 minutes before we could check in. Went back several times and was told the computers were down. The AC was warm, the rooms were messy, the shower/bathroom was TERRIBLE, the service was terrible except for the head of housekeeping lady who shuttled us in her OWN vehicle. They charged us for an extra night and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Only good thing is the location to the Kentucky State Fair grounds.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends