“Very Nice”

Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo
Ranked #72 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Clean, comfortable Room, First Rate Staff. The evening desk Clerk, Derrick, made Us feel like We were old Friends and made the entire stay 1st rate. We were there for the Carl Casper Car Show and He made sure We knew the easiest way to the show and where We could find a restaurant as He knew We would be late getting out of the show area. The Young Lady that took care of the Breakfast area ,Julie I believe Her name was, went out of Her way to take care of Us and all the Pinstriper group. The Manager and the entire Staff were absolutely Great and did anything and everything to make the stay perfect. Internet access in the room worked fine. I will recommend this motel to everyone. THANKS1

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your taking the tme to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stay at this hotel regularly over the years...this year...awful~ some remodeling and lots of confusion. Room difficulties (shouldn't have rented the room they did initially), grungy rooms need update, long hairs on blanket...ewwww; Breakfast bar...which is usually rather decent, this visit: no bowls for cereal, no cups for coffee, no bread for toast, no bagels, two bananas past ripe with skin split open...went to desk, no attendant, had to wait & was told: the girl didn't show up today.
Bill wasn't correct made a second request.
Desk person apologized, said "under new management"...

Room Tip: Wait for remodeling and then ask lots of questions.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Please accept our apologies for your recent stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites in Louisville. We were disappointed to read of your experience. These issues are not acceptable and are being addressed with the staff. We are currently remodeling but this process should not have interfered with your stay. We take your comments very seriously. If you would consider, please contact a member of our management team so we can discuss this with you in further detail, Thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I stayed here for a few days when I was in Kentucky visiting a friend and I had a pretty good experience. I asked to be on the first floor because there was no elevator to the second, and I was told that would cost more. When I showed the manager that I had a walking cast on my foot he gave me the first floor for the same price.

The entire time we were here there wasn't Internet, and when I went to the front desk the manager told me he had been calling the company, and said I could also call the 1-800 number and try to get through. That was weird! I ended up having to go down to a McDonald's down the street and use their Internet, which was inconvenient being that I chose a hotel that was supposed to offer Internet.

The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The air conditioner in the lobby was broken (but not in the rooms) so the front door was always open and fans were blowing. It seemed to be falling apart I suppose.

At the end of the day I probably would stay here again because it was incredibly cheap and clean, minus the things going wrong. I prefer to save money so this hotel is a place to crash when I need to be in Louisville, and I am not really in my hotel room much anyway!

Room Tip: If you want a room on the bottom floor you have to pay more. Reserve your floor first, you might no...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you experienced Internet problems. Rest assured, the issue has been addressed and our Internet is back to functioning without issues.

I was disappointed to read that the lobby air conditioning was not working during your stay. We are currently undergoing a complete lobby renovation and it will be complete by Feb.1, 2013. You will be delightfully surprised by the changes we have made when you return to Louisville, KY. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 27 October 2012

I had to travel to Louisville on business. I was pleasantly surprised how clean this hotel was. The location is very convenient to the convention center. The breakfast was full and hot which is always welcome to begin the day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to be in town for a business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ZWERGLDAD
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Thank you for your review.. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Sleep Inn and Suites Louisville Airport and we appreciate your recommendations! Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Great customer service!! Very clean, bed comfortable, really nice breakfast. Manager and gentlemen at front desk doing what it takes!! I look forward to coming back & may just come back to stay here!
10/12/12
Sandy Meadows

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are very nice
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandy M

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our facility. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Our home was flooded and we had to choose a hotel. We had never stayed at a sleep inn . But it was close to our home so we could watch the progress on our home. We stayed thirty eight nights. The staff was very caring and wonderful. They did everything they could to make a bad situation as nice as possible. All the staff went above and beyond the call of duty for us. My husband and i are glad we choose sleep inn for our stay.

Room Tip: 212 Great Room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. We take great pleasure in hearing you were happy with your stay at our facility. We appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Was okay for a one night quick stop. Work in progress on updating, and boy does it need it. Was repairing roof but was not a bother a night. My fault for not asking about elevator...did not have one. Had some fresh paint inside, but carpet, wood trim needs attention. Was told rehab in progress. Minimal breakfast, but adequate. No, would not return to this particular Sleep Inn, but have enjoyed others and had excellent experience the next night at Sleep Inn in Bowling Green.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We were sorry to hear you would not return to our hotel. As you mentioned, we are in the process of a renovation and we have recently upgraded our continental breakfast. We would love for you to give us another chance if you are in the Louisville area again.