“Step it UP!”

Ranked #68 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Step it UP!”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

If you stay here you are going to have to "Step it up". The hotel is a two floor hotel with no elevator. The property itself is rather outdated and needs some cosmetic work specifically the bathrooms, but the shower did have nice water pressure and was clean. The staff and breakfast were great;however, there was a BIG mix up with the shuttle service that resulted in us paying hefty transportation cost and the shuttle was one of the reasons we chose the property. I was disappointed that the mgr was so no nonchalant. Great location, but expected more of the property because of price paid even at Derby prices. Overall- Kudos! to the ALL the staff

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Andrew K, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor and give us your thoughts on our property. We are going to be doing renovations later this year to improve the appearance and bathrooms. Fortunately, the dated decor is only going to be around for a short while longer.

I'm sorry there was so much confusion on the part of the hotel shuttle service. I'll definitely be working to make sure this confusion doesn't continue in the future.

We do take pride in having a nice, hot breakfast to help all of our guests get a good "first step" to their day. I am proud of the staff as it took all of us working hard to please our valued Derby guests, and I'm pleased to see our staff was good to you.

Next time you come through Louisville, I certainly hope you do stay with us again!

Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stopped in Louisville and found this little place on Preston Highway. The rate was a nice 79$, and we had clean rooms.

There is apparently a new manager and it seems to be a good thing. I dont see why this palce was rated so low here on trip Advisor as we realyl enjoyed it. . If Im back in Louisville, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time out to come to TripAdvisor and give us your thoughts. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

When you come back to Louisville, I do hope you choose us as your hotel of choice again. When you come, please ask for me, I would love to see you in person again and thank you for letting us be your home away from home!
Homer Glen, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

A little disappointed with the excessive wear and tear of the hotel but was offset with how pleasant and quick to respond the staff was. Had a problem with the price of the room being higher upon check in than what we had booked on their website. Manager quickly responded and fixed the problem. Great location. Surprised at how good the complimentary breakfast was.

• Stayed April 2013
Andrew K, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to know that your pricing issue was handled promptly and to your satisfaction. We do take pride in our breakfast so I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed it. In regards to the age of the property that is something we are addressing in the near future. Anytime you return to Louisville I hope you consider us again as your hotel of choice.
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stayed 3 nights here when I first arrived in Kentucky from Australia. Good location near the airport and close to food. Breakfast was adequate and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. I look forward to staying here again should I return to Louisville.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your thoughts on the hotel here at Tripadvisor. I’m happy that the staff here was able to make you feel welcome and helped you enjoy your stay. We take pride in our service for all of our guests. Whenever you come back to Louisville I hope you return to our property as your hotel of choice.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed here for one night while in town for the National Gun Day show. Check in was smooth and easy. We received a room on the second floor that was next to the ice machine and stairs. The walls must be paper thin, because we could hear everything all night. It always amazes me how either rude or oblivious people are. When you leave the room at 2am, do you need to let the door slam shut, get ice, have loud conversations, etc? This made for getting a decent nights sleep close to impossible.

Breakfast was ok. It was crowded with no place to sit. We took our food back up to the room. The woman working the breakfast area was working hard, but overwhelmed.

Overall not a bad place to stay, but not great. If a remodel is done, the hotel should consider adding some noise reduction items.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the stairs and ice machine.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are disappointed to hear you experienced issues during your stay. I would love to speak with you personally about these concerns. If you would contact me directly at (502-368-9597). Thank you again for your comments and feeback.
Angola, Indiana
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Everything was pretty good, location was great, clean rooms, no smells, friendly staff, and a great hot breakfast buffet! There was only one problem, the door key uses the credit card type system and it needs to be greatly improved! My business partner and I stayed for 6 days, and every time either one of us would leave the room, we would be locked out of our room and had to go to the front desk to have our "keys" reset. This would happen everyday, at least twice a day, also the only way to get in the building was through the front lobby door because the guest key card would not open any other outside door. Other than that everything else was pretty good, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay close to the convention center.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments. I am sorry to hear that you experienced problems with your keys/lock. We have addressed these issues to ensure we do not have future problems. Again, we appreicate your feedback. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Flushing, Michigan
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Clean, comfortable Room, First Rate Staff. The evening desk Clerk, Derrick, made Us feel like We were old Friends and made the entire stay 1st rate. We were there for the Carl Casper Car Show and He made sure We knew the easiest way to the show and where We could find a restaurant as He knew We would be late getting out of the show area. The Young Lady that took care of the Breakfast area ,Julie I believe Her name was, went out of Her way to take care of Us and all the Pinstriper group. The Manager and the entire Staff were absolutely Great and did anything and everything to make the stay perfect. Internet access in the room worked fine. I will recommend this motel to everyone. THANKS1

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your taking the tme to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.