“Nice To Stay At”

Ranked #67 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Indiana
“Nice To Stay At”
Reviewed 3 January 2007

We asked for a room and was surprised to get a very nice two room suite, two TV's, two bath rooms, no tubs, just showers, nice sofa couch and chair, king size bed, fridge and mirowave(not pluged in wouldn't reach the plug in) we were surprised that the new rooms didn't have closets, as we were staying 5 days, and that the ironing board was standing against the wall, and the iron we finally found in a drawer, and only 3 small drawers for your clothes, it was very clean, but two days wsh cloths were left on the bathroom floor and in the shower. They had a nice breakfast, but didn't have help to keep it full, 3 mornings when we came down at different times it was empty, we tried at 7:30, 8, and 9,(it was open until 10) others said the same thing. We have stayed here twice and will stay again next year.

• Liked — Great clean room for the value
  • Disliked — No closets
  • Tips/Secrets — If you are with a group, find out if they have a group rate or use Choice Priviliges
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank Marilynn H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 27 December 2006

We decided to stay at this hotel after reading the reviews on this site.....first of all, it was our first trip to Louisville. This hotel isn't exactly "right" downtown....it's about 10 minutes away from the downtown area. Not too bad! But upon arrival we found no one behind the desk. We kind of looked around a little bit and see a younger guy sitting at a table watching tv. He eventually looks over, and rather annoyed...asks "can I help you"? We answered very promptly that YES he could help us and showed him our reservation sheet. So he gives us our room keys, and we walk down to our room....and open the door....to find the smell of old bacon hit us like a semi. Since we had a fridge in our room, we figured someone left food in it. But no....no food in the fridge. The smell was so strong we figured someone left food SOMEWHERE....so we looked under the bed, under the sheets, even checked the filter in the heater/ac unit....to discover no food hiding and rotting away. The scent was SO strong that we asked for another room. We aren't terribly picky people, but we both needed our sleep and it was already late at night....and the smell was much too strong to just simpy "get used to".
So the young, annoyed front desk clerk, who we had to interupt again from his tv show...gave us a new room, down another hallway. We learned VERY quickly that this hotel is UNDER CONSTRUCTION....the workers hanging outside our window were taking a break smoking their cigs. Then...they went back to work. We looked at the clock...10:15pm. They worked, and from the sounds of it they were putting in flooring....until a little after 11pm right above our room. And they started back up first thing in the morning.
Needless to say we didn't sleep the best that night.

And....to add to the wonderful stay.....we made it down to the breakfast area right when the employee was putting out the food. I noticed, immediately, that they were putting the food into UNWASHED containers. For instance, the pitcher that he poured the milk into had crusty, flakey milk residue all around the pour spout.....and the muffins were put on a plate that had smears of frosting on it....so the stuff wasn't washed. Needless to say we didn't eat.

Maybe after they are done with all the construction, this will be a better place, but we aren't coming back.

• Liked — The price....
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank Bolin78
SIS-General-Manager, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 7 April 2010
I am extremely sorry that you experienced a bad time at our hotel. I am the new General Manager and we have been making some MAJOR improvements since February 2010. We have a completely new housekeeping staff who take extreme pride in their work . The rooms are cleaner and the attention to detail has gotten better as well. The front desk staff is extremely friendly and helpful, they treat everyone like family. They are more then welcome to get up and help the guest with anything they need. The airplane noise is something we unfortunately can not control. It all depends on the landing pattern for the UPS jets. I am very sorry that this experience wasnt good, but I would love to welcome you to come back and give us another chance to improve your impression of us.
Arkansas
Reviewed 22 September 2006

This hotel was everything that was promoted for it. Cleanliness was important as was service. The bed was excellent. We had a refrigerator and microwave as we requested and maid service for fresh towels and general straightening every day. Our week long stay was very nice. The breakfast room is a little small during a large convention time, but the food was good and the supply was plentiful. We will definitely come back again.

• Liked — Great bed
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
1 Thank caist
Thanks for the nice review. I hope you come back and visit us soon. We have been making alot of changes and I am sure you will be just as happy if not happier with your stay this time around. I hope we will be able to accommodate you soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 18 June 2006

Rooms are clean and comfortable.

As with all rooms, wheelchair-accessible room is inside entrance, and, while as close as it could be to the parking, still a bit of a haul. Low tub with good rails. Bath seat is a wood lattice that sits on sides of tub and can slide around.

Located near airport, noise was not a problem. A bigger problem is that highway access is somewhat roundabout if you are headed north on I-65, and the same if you are departing north.

1 Thank member34
I appreciate your comments. I am sorry about the airplane noise but unfortunately that is out of our control. It all depends on UPS's flight patterns whether you hear the planes or not. We have made major improvements to our hotel since February 2010 and I would love the opportunity to impress you.
Milwaukee
Reviewed 14 April 2006

This is a very comfortable hotel, even on a busy weekend. From the friendly, helpful staff to the spacious room (including small fridge, microwave, coffee service, cable t.v., roomy shower with massaging showerhead, and hair dryer) to the included continental breakfast, this hotel met all my needs during my 3-night stay. It is very convenient to the airport, Churchill Downs, the Exposition Center, and Kentucky Kingdom. It is a mere 20 minutes or so from downtown Louisville, not to mention a great jumping-off point for destinations south of Louisville, such as Bardstown or Mammoth Cave National Park. Great stay!

Stayed April 2006
3 Thank Here There and Everywhere
Thank so much for your comments. I want to welcome you to come back to see us sometime soon. I am sure you will be extremely happy this time around the same if not even more then your last stay. Our staff is very happy and friendly and always willing to treat you like part of the family. We are working on getting the carpets cleaned and adding a new air freshner system to help make the scent even more appeasing. I hope to see you back someday.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2003

I stayed here New Year's Eve after getting a good rate via the internet. Many other Louisville area hotels were charging exorbitant rates that night, but this one was very reasonable. It wasn't as close to downtown as I'd hoped to be, but it was convenient to the interstate and I was downtown within minutes. Check in was quick and efficient.
The first room I was assigned was equipped with a refrigerator which contained a prior guest's food. When I called the desk to inform them of this, they promptly moved me to another room, which was immaculate.
Not being terribly familiar with Louisville, I asked the desk clerk for directions to a restaurant. She took time to write them out for me and even showed me the road on a corresponding map. I requested late checkout and this was graciously granted, even though there weren't many housekeepers on duty. This hotel would be the perfect choice for someone going to Ky Kingdom or the fair. I would advise checking internet rates first, but even the standard rack was cheaper than what many other hotels offered the night I stayed. Not a bad place at all.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for your review. You should come visit us again, we have made some major improvements. We have been working on the air freshness and the cleanliness of rooms. The staff is extremely friendly and will treat you like one of the family. I hope we can see you again someday.