“Good location but the room smelled musty, the carpet and...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville Airport South
Ranked #78 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 5 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Kassi K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Reviewed 3 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My company booked a stay at this hotel through Priceline. I called the hotel in the afternoon to ask if they had an elevator as I recently had knee replacement surgery and am not able to do stairs yet. The gal who answered the phone stated they did not have an elevator. When I started to explain that I would need a room on the first floor, she cut me off mid-sentence and stated that they don't pre assign rooms, that it's first come first served. She stated that to be fair she would not listen to my request. So when I got there she informed me that there where no rooms on the first floor. That it was, in fact, full and due to no elevator that everyone wanted to be on the ground floor. I asked what about handicapped rooms, although I don't need one and she said that they were booked with regular customers that didn't want to walk up stairs. The front desk attendant was by herself, seemed really stressed and was rather sassy. My son was traveling with me and he said he would help(carry) me up the stairs. So we got a room key and he took our bags up while I waited in the lobby. He came down stating that the room was in very poor condition, smelled of smoke and that there was a smoke haze in the hallway. I called Priceline, they called the front desk attendant and verified that there were no available rooms with 2 beds, which we had booked, and there was a room available on the first floor with one bed and that we could pay extra for a rollaway. Long story short, Priceline cancelled our reservation and gave us our money back. It seems so strange that they fill up the handicapped rooms with able bodied customers in a hotel that has no elevator. We went to a better hotel for less money. As a side note because I didn't get beyond the lobby. Rugs were dirty. Floors were dirty and the upholstered wing back chairs in the lobby were so worn and dirty I sat in the breakfast area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I am very sorry to hear the concerns that you listed in your review. When booking through Priceline, they do not guarantee a room type, they do guarantee a room. Handicap rooms can be booked online or over the phone. We cannot deny someone the room if they request it as we cannot ask them if they are handicap and we assume that those who request the handicap rooms need them. We try our best to give our guests areas or rooms they request but sometimes it is impossible when we are full. We do not charge a fee for our rollaway beds. They are a free courtesy to guest that request them. Our lobby does not have any rugs, it has a very nice hardwood floor throughout the lobby. We do have smoking rooms in the hotel and sometimes that smell can linger. We are doing our best to put in place a procedure to help eliminate that odor. Again, I am very sorry that you were unable to stay with us the night of your visit but maybe in the future you will try us again.
Respectfully,