“Great amenities”

Ranked #47 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
“Great amenities”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed for 3 nights here and it was a great experience. The hotel offers a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius. I must have used the shuttle for about 15 trips during my 3 days. The shuttle will pick you up and drop you off from the airport. It will take you to neighboring hotels to visit friends. It will also drive you to restaurants that are close by and for fast food places, the driver will often wait for you to get your food and drive you back immediately. I even saw a driver go through the drive-in line with a client! That's service! The hotel has a moderate sized outdoor pool and a small tennis/basketball court.

The rooms are all large and comfortable. They were clean and well-maintained. The hotel is near the airport, so expect some plane noise, especially if you are on the top floor. This airport is a hub for UPS, so planes come in at all hours. I would recommend a room on the second floor if possible. Also, it is near the highway, so if you stay in building one, try to get a room on the side that faces the parking lot.

The front desk workers were all very helpful and provided fast and efficient service. I would be very happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: For good sleep and a quiet room, stay on the second floor in building #2
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for putting a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback. I was glad to read you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service. We look forward to seeing you on your future travles to Louisville.

Lynn Manning

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Bad Schonborn, Germany
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I just stayed there for one night and I arrived late, so I didn't ask for a room change at the reception because of the dirty linens on the bed, I'm sure they would have changed it immediately. Anyway, the arrival and departure experience was great, very friendly staff. Being in the room I just wanted to go to bed but by removing the cover sheet I saw the dirty linen. Well, being too tired to change rooms I just grabbed wto towels and then slept on them. The apartment itself was clean and what I expected.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Vordenbaeumen,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review on trip advisor. I am so sorry that the linens on your bed were not as they should have been. That is not our usual standard and I will address it with the laundry staff. We take pride in great customer service and clean linnens and we do not take it lightly when we fall short of our usual Marriott standards. I hope you will stay with us again so we may show you our usual standards in your suite. Thank you for the wonderful comments about the staff and your arrival experince.

Lynn Manning,
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The rooms were big and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and always available. The continental breakfast was also great. The location was very convenient - close to the airport and expo - and the hotel provided a great shuttle to drive you to restaurants and such within a 3 mile radius. Downtown was also only a 15 minute/$18 flat rate cab ride away. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear bd Kehoe,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad you liked you suite and that you were able to enjoy the breakfast and that you found our location convenient. We are only a short six miles from the downtown area.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your future travels.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott Louisville Airport this past weekend May 17th thru 19th. The dollar value was very reasonable for a full kitchen a sofa which is a pull out bed for a guest and we had a separate bedroom to ourselves. It was very very clean. This hotel is so clean you would not know that it is pet friendly as we seen animals walk up and down the halls and premises. The full free of charge breakfast was good too. It was served from 7am till 10am. In addition, we stayed on the first floor considering the hotel was by the airport we could not hear a pin drop. It was dead quiet!! ;-) That was awesome!! :-) The hotel is getting ready for another remodel but it is already really nice as is!! :-) Staff was very friendly and accommendating. This place is highly recommended!! :-)

Room Tip: we stayed on the first floor away from any elevators or ice machine.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Ms. B

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Clean rooms and a friendly staff are what we know guests come to expect from Residence Inn. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the free breakfast. We share all of our comments with the staff (both good and not-so-good) and I know they will be happy to hear from another satisfied guest :)

Thanks again,

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 May 2013

A good hotel, convenient to the airport ... pool not open and not covered ... looks really nasty. Not a great neighborhood. Note to business travelers that there are school groups, etc. that stay here and were out playing basketball and apparently jumping on the bed above. Hungry crowds eating dinner and breakfast. Clean, nice rooms, reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Keighron,

I appreciate your taking the time to let me know about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you were here during a team event and it was not as quiet as it usually is here. It does take us a week to prep the pool before we fill it and you are right, it doesn't look very attractive. Thank you for letting me know and we will definitely look into doing it differently or covering it temporarily during the time we are not working on it so it doesn't look unkept. It's beautifully clear now and I hope you will return to our hotel when in Louisvile and maybe it will be in the summer so you can enjoy the pool !

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed here four nights for the Kentucky Derby. The hotel location is ideal for a Churchill Downs-based trip and was only a few minutes away. The hotel is a bit older but has a refreshed feeling (although it is not as modern as it could be). We stayed in a Studio room and it had just enough room for three people. Room has a nice sized kitchen, desk and bathroom. The continental breakfast in the morning was adequate, but nothing special. Cereal, juice, toast and the like. The hotel staff was VERY accommodating and friendly and definitely are the standouts here. The hotel staff decorated the hotel for the Derby with red roses and had bloody marys ready each morning for whoever wanted them. Definitely a nice touch. Note, there is no restaurant in the hotel though and there is no such place in walking distance. So if you are looking to be able to walk to food options, this is not an option.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Derby Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay during the Ky Derby. It is a fun time for us and being so close to the track, it makes it challenging to find a favorite horse! We pride ourselves on our customer service and I am glad you were able to experience that. Although we only have one restaurant within walkin distance, we do have a complimentary shuttle that will take you to any restaurant within a three mile radius. There are several to chose from and as I comment on great customer service, I am sorry we did not let you know about the shuttle as an option. I hope you will decide to stay with us on future trips to Louisville and Churchill Downs.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This hotel is just across the Interstate from the airport thus it is a very convenient location if coming in at the airport. Upon entering the parking lot and entrance area one might notice the parking area needed some paper and trash pickup. We were met by a 10-12 year old boy on a skate board, that wanted to know if we needed any help with our baggage. He apparently lives at the hotel, I assume with his family. The reception area gives the impression of disorganization and was not well organized. It was late in the day however the floor could have stood some cleaning. The check in was courteous and accurate. We immediately went to our second floor suite.

The elevator floor needed a quick vacuum. The room was very good although somewhat sparse and not that much in quality decorations. We have noticed that the Residence Inn brand does not appear to have put a lot of thought into building construction or room decorations. The bed was a medium softness and we would have prepared a hard mattress. Since we have a two bedroom suite we had two of everything from beds to bathrooms. Everything worked and the room was much cleaner that the areas we had just left. Let’s chalk those areas up to it being late in the day and lots of customer had come in.

We don’t often get a fireplace in a hotel room and unfortunately since it was spring time we could not use the fireplace. What a bummer!

The breakfast the next morning was very good. There was available both the USA Today and the Louisville Courier Journal. This we like! We arrived just 10 minutes after opening and there were already a dozen men in the place. There were scrambled eggs and Canadian bacon, waffles and oatmeal. The bacon was cold. There were plenty of breads and sweets, plus juice and coffee. The fresh fruit was on the small side.

We noticed two employees talking in the kitchen area. We ate breakfast and they never once came out to check on the food however they were still standing in the kitchen area talking as we left.

Bottom line is that this could be a nice hotel if management would pay a little attention to some of the details like the cleanliness and the breakfast area. Bedroom housekeeping seems to be the really plus area for this location. Lastly, if you need to find a place to eat dinner close by forget it. You are going to have to drive a little distance.Close by are industrial site, hotels and the state fair grounds.While I have given this location 4 stars, those are conditional upon the hotel management getting the necessary cleaning down. Otherwise this is a three star property. The reception area just gives a first impression that is hard to forget.Thank goodness it did not prevail in the bedrooms. Just tidy up your reception area including behind the desk to make this look like a professionally managed hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Texas Willie,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and give us your feedback. We always want to hear when our guests enjoy their stay and we also want to know when we are falling short of our guest's expectations or where we need to improve. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and that the fireplace was a pleasant surprise, even if it was springtime. We will be upgrading our lobby in a few short months so I hope you will stay with us agin in the future to see our new lobby and have a much better experience overall.