“Not here if you're looking for a quiet night's sleep”

Residence Inn Louisville Airport
Ranked #53 of 100 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here one night for business. I'm a Platinum Elite member with Marriott. Upon check in I asked for a room on the quiet side of the hotel. The desk clerk said they have me in a really nice room that I'd be happy with.

Although the hotel is very conveniently located to the airport (approx. 5 minute drive) I think my room faced the only take-off runway of the airport. All night my windows shook as I experienced the noise and pressure of planes taking off. Combine that with a very noisy air conditioner that when it shut off I could very clearly hear the cars going by on the highway.

I barely got an hour of uninterrupted QUIET sleep. Would not recommend this hotel unless quiet sleep is not a pre-requisite.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nancy P
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Nancy, Thank you for your comments. My sincere apologies that you did not have a positive experience during your stay with us. Our team will certainly review your comments and will utilize your feedback as a learning tool to improve our overall services with room selections. Once in a while the airport does change their flight patterns but it usually does not affect the majority of our suites. Thank you for reporting the air conditioning unit which we were able to repair. We truly appreciate your business and value you as a Platinum Member. Please do not hesitate to connect with us so that we can make your next stay a much quieter one!...

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Residence Inn Louisville Airport is conveniently located near the airport, Ky Expo Center, and Papa John's Stadium which makes it a great base of operations outside the downtown area. The hotel has a very warm decor and the friendly staff really make the hotel. The free breakfast is OK but I am not a fan. There are a lot of restaurants near by but not high end. However, there was a really neat family run restaurant recommended by a staff member which reminded me of a '50s mom and pop restaurant. Good food. The room amenities are well appointed especially the bathroom with thick and fluffy towels. The bed was very comfortable. The Internet connection was great because there was a LAN connection in the room so I did not have to use a slower WiFi connection. Kudos for that one. There is ample off street parking for the facility. The shuttle service is great. I used it to get to and from the Ky Expo Center during my stay.

Room Tip: The facility has two buildings. It might be more convenient to stay in the one with the business cen...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. I was glad to hear you that you were happy with our location and your suite. We recently finished a renovation of our suites and the lobby area. We look forward to seeing you in the future when your travels bring you to the Louisville area.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I spent a week here in July 2014, traveling with a group on business.

Good parts first: staff was very friendly and helpful, bed was comfortable, breakfast and weeknight dinners were more than adequate. The dinners are nice because there aren't many restaurants in the area. The living room area of the room was very nice, with plenty of accessible electrical outlets. Work area was very nice, with outlets on top of the desk.

Down side: Internet was awful. TV channel selection was good but sound would drop for a few seconds every minute or two. My room was at the top of a stairwell and the hallway noise was atrocious. Shower head was very old and didn't work well.

Airplane noise was bad one night, not so bad on three nights - I'm sure when the winds change, the runway choices change. I never hold aircraft noise against a airport hotel, but everyone should know that since SDF is a major freight hotel (UPS), those flights are occurring at strange hours, and more frequently than you'd think at a medium-sized city.

I'm a Marriott Platinum member. I'd stay here again in a pinch, but I've had better stays at the courtyard across the street (but no free food there).

Room Tip: stay away from the stairwells. You'll have noise through the windows from people congregating...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Keating Clan,
Thank you for submitting a review on trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback and I wanted to let you know we are in the middle of upgrading our internet to 50 megs (most hotels have only 20). The flight patterns are always changing and I hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future. Please request an inside-facing room which is typically quieter.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a nice, comfortable property with a good location between downtown Louisville and other area attractions, including the re-opened Kentucky Kingdom. The rooms are nicely decorated and appointed and feel more like a studio apartment than a hotel room. As for staff, some are quite pleasant and helpful though most seem to range from adequate to disengaged. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this property and would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms near pool / sport court can be noisy late into the night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott C
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and share your thoughts. We did just complete a renovation and I am glad you enjoyed the spacious suite. I will definitely share your comments about the staff as we enjoying hearing the good and the not-so-good when we fall short. We hope to see you in the future if your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Arrived for a 5 day stay. First trip to 2nd floor noticed smoke smell in hallway. Contacted front desk said they would find out where it was coming from and address it. 2 days later people still smoking and still letting front desk know about the smoke. Made call to Marriott customer service corporate who notified hotel about the issue. Received offer to move rooms at end of our second day. Will be taking them up on the move 1st thing in the morning of our 3rd day.

Unfortunate since hotel seems to be newly remodeled and their free shuttle service has been very nice to get to the local attractions.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Mr. Anderson,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. It was a pleasure talking to you this morning at the desk and i am glad I finally got to meet you in person. Again, I am sorry it took us so long to pinpoint the offenders and have the situation rectified. We are a non-smoking hotel and do our best to make sure guests are following the policy. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service and I hope you will decide to stay with us in the future when in the Louisville area.

Lynn M.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is the only hotel I will stay at when flying out of Lousiville. It is close to the airport, I can park my car in their lot while I'm gone and their shuttle service to and from the airport is great. Have never had an issue and their staff is so nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Leah,

Thank you for the feedback regarding the stays you have had at our hotel. I am glad our convenient location and complimentary shuttle are a couple of the features you were able to use. We appreciate the comments about our staff as we pride ourselves on our customer service and celebrate successes when we meet or exceed our guests expectations. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I would like to applaud Audrey who works at the Residence Inn - Louisville airport location. My grandson was stranded at the Louisville airport yesterday (June 1, 2014) as his flight was cancelled and he could not get home to the Chicago area until June 2. I called the Marriott Platinum 800 number and they hooked me up directly with Audrey at the Residence Inn and Audrey was able to make arrangements for my grandson (Brandon) to stay at the Residence for the night of June 1. She then "walked" Brandon through his stay there when he arrived at the hotel as this was the first trip via airplane on his own. She made him feel comfortable, got him something to eat and lowered his stress level considerably as Brandon thought he might have to stay the night in the airport.
As a Platinum member of Marriott I am accustomed to excellent service from Marriott and by making my grandson's unscheduled overnight stay in Louisville comfortable, Audrey went above and beyond what she had to do to accommodate my grandson.
Congratulations to Audrey!
Glen Wiesman

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mr. W,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback and I was so glad to hear how helpful Audrey was. I will definitely pass your comments on to her. I am glad we were able to make your son feel comfortable during what I'm sure was a very nervous time for him. We hope to see you again if in the Louisville Area !