“mary Jefferson”

Ranked #35 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Chicago, Illinois
“mary Jefferson”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have been staying at the Residence Inn East Hotel for approximately (2) months and I have enjoyed every minute of my stay. I have met a lot of very nice peoples that work there, but most of all I would like to say that Mary Jefferson is one of a kind when it comes to performing her duties. She is very friendly and goes above and beyond to ensure she us very attentive to her customers, and most of all, she does it with a smile on her face at all time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for your review! Mary is most assuredly an asset to this hotel, and she will be so pleased and proud to read your comments. She does an excellent job preparing the light evening meal on Monday through Wednesday. The staff has certainly enjoyed having you here with us the past couple of months. We hope you are taking time to enjoy many of the local attractions that Louisville has to offer. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Prospect, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed there from October 7-14 while my floors and roof were being redone. I found the manager, Kristen, and the staff to be incredibly friendly & helpful in a genuine way. Brenda, who was at charge during breakfast hours, was exceptionally welcoming, accommodating, and attentive to each and every guest that came in. Brenda was professional, efficient, yet warm and hospitable to every guest. What a pleasant stay in a clean pet friendly & welcoming environment!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We so enjoyed having you with us while your house was getting renovated. It was nice of your friends to recommend us as a place to stay, and it was fun to catch up on all of the doings of the family. Brenda and the staff miss you a lot, and hope you will stop by some time just to visit!
tucson
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for work. I found the staff to be extremely kind and helpful. I don't remember the names but I stayed July 14 & 15. The staff at check in and out as well as the evening food staff was EXTREMELY accommodating. I was definitely give kudos to the staff!!! Additionally there is a walgreens on site and a burger joint as well. If u arrive by cab u will need one to get around. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Crussell02,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. I will be sure to pass along the kind words. The included evening social is a nice bonus to the hotel! We also like the convenience of being able to walk to Walgreens and Smash Burger. When you return just ask us about other restaurants in the area, there are a few more within walking distance. We hope you had a safe trip home!
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I arrived at the property after midnight to discover that it is an outdoor property. No elevators--I had requested an upper floor not realizing this so I had to carry my luggage up a couple flights of stairs. I was going to switch hotels the next morning but after having to unpack to get dressed, I decided to stay for the week instead of packing and unpacking. The complimentary breakfast is served in a separate building on the second floor so more stairs so beware if this is a problem.

It is an older design residence inn--everything is maintained and in working order.

Someone mentioned the noise from the street in an earlier review. I was close to the intersection and the noise level was not bad. The staff was very nice and accomodating. The room was fine--spacious, clean. Honest cleaning staff. I left something behind and called a couple days later--it was in lost and found and was mailed to me!!

As a single female traveling solo, the outside entrances make me nervous. However this hotel seemed safe, quiet--no problems. Other business travelers and families were guests at the hotel. Overall, a comfortable, convenient option in Louisville.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ResortSpaLady
Dear ResortSpaLady,
Thank you for your kind review of your time with us! Even though you were not familiar with our style of Residence Inns, I am happy you had a comfortable stay. We are one the first Residence Inns to be opened so all of our rooms are apartment like with private entrances. And because it has been recently renovated, our guests can enjoy the comforts of a new hotel room in a home like setting.
For your convenience, you can visit www.marriott.com to see pictures of any of our properties worldwide so you can familiarize yourself with the hotel style before your arrival. Thank you for your business and safe travels!
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We travel a lot and always stay at a Marriott brand...and always great experiences. Sam at the Residence Inn Louisville East went beyond the call of duty! Also the facilities were just great. Thanks Sam and Marriott... as always you exceed our expectations!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review! We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you as well for mentioning Sam, who does such an excellent job taking care of our guests. Our staff takes pride in this hotel, and we love that you had such a memorable stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Louisville.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This was an overall acceptable experience but nothing that would make you want to go out of your way to return.

The good:
The property overall was in average condition. The property seemed that it had a few years on it but it was maintained decently. Nothing exceptional but nothing that was glaringly wrong. The rooms were in the same condition: well kept but not exceptional. The pool seemed decent but again - just another average and smaller pool. It was closed so we weren't able to swim but it was a nice option along with a basketball court next to it.

The bad:
There really wasn't anything bad about this hotel. All was ok but nothing stood out to me as being note worthy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
We were so dismayed to read your recent review of our hotel. I am so sorry that you did not feel your experience was a positive memory, as that is the goal of our entire staff here. You have recharged us in our pursuit of 100% customer satisfaction. We hope you will take an opportunity in the future to visit us again, to experience the service that so many other reviewers can't stop talking about!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed several weeks at the Residence Inn and the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The towels, which I don't take for granted, were plentiful and plush. This hotel has all townhouse like rooms, so there's no waiting for an elevator, which is good.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Although there is no on-site workout room, they do provide passes to a nearby gym.

Room Tip: A few of the buildings front a busy street, so if you want quiet, request a room away from the stree...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We certainly enjoyed having you here for the past month or so on business. We sure miss you at breakfast each morning! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again for vacation, so you will be able to better enjoy the fantastic experiences that Louisville can provide!