“Excellent Management…Great location! Manager is terrific!”

Residence Inn Louisville East
Ranked #34 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent Management…Great location! Manager is terrific!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I go to Louisville often. This is our favorite Residence Inn due to the convenience and due to the staff. Yvette is the housekeeping manager, and she is beyond AWESOME! She is so warm and welcoming, and if you have any concerns or problems, SHE, herself, takes care of it. I've been coming to this hotel for 4 or 5 years now, and they take great care of us. The manager, Kristin, is super easy to deal with, Sam and Ron are my favorites at the front desk, Brenda in the breakfast area is super pleasant and just won an award for best service and Yvette is kind, helpful, gracious, warm and just wonderful! I am disappointed with the internet service, but I heard Kristin was working on that. It logged me out the entire time I was on it in their lobby--very frustrating. But, besides that, I can't rave enough about this hotel. The location is excellent to PF Changs and the mall. There's a Walgreens right behind the hotel and there is a shopping mall a few miles down Shelbyville Road. I wish they had a gym in this hotel, but they were very graciously provide you a pass to a gym 3 or so miles away. Thanks Kristin--you are an excellent manager and the service goes from the top down with people like you and Yvette!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We so look forward to your weekend visits.......it is most assuredly like welcoming family! I have passed on to the staff your glowing review, and they were so proud and pleased. Looking forward to another visit in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Friends and I visited Louisville, KY, we all though it would be a normal stay at the hotel, but Brenda was really kind to guests. Her cooking was ravishing. Wish I could have stayed more days.lol We all were satisfied with the hotel's service as well. If there were be a next trip to Kentucky, we would book the same place again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your glowing review on TripAdvisor. I agree, Brenda is truly wonderful! I have passed on your review to the staff, who are pleased that we have "Residized" another guest! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Louisville.
Cary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this property during a difficult time, the last days of a family member from Louisville's life. As usual, the staff was friendly and concerned and did everything they could to make us feel at home and comfortable. Brenda's breakfast in the morning was excellent and Brenda was very kind to us. The operations manager, Yvette, also made sure we had everything we needed. The room was like a little apartment with an updated kitchen, just like home, which made a difference on our extended stay. It also had a separate master bedroom with closed doors for privacy and the beds are very clean and comfortable. The location is more than perfect to get a meal at great restaurants, even some within safe walking distance and tons of others just a short drive away, with any kind of food you would want. Of course, a meal is also served on weekdays right in the upstairs of the hotel lobby, and is excellent too! Kudos to the General Manager, Kristin! She and her staff know how to make each and every guest feel special and welcome. We will definitely stay here again, next time under better family circumstances maybe in warmer weather when we can enjoy the pool, basketball court or even use the gas grill on a nice night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CrmCary
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thanks so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor. Although the circumstances for your visit were less than ideal, the staff was proud to go the extra mile to make you more comfortable, so you could focus on your family. We hope you WILL return this summer, when you can enjoy our outdoor space as well. We'll see you soon!
Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Although slightly out of the way, the superior parking, quiet, and privacy make the 15 minute drive from the airport well worth it. The suite is like an apartment with adequate room. a decent kitchen, king size bed, and good bathroom. Additionally there is fast free Internet and breakfast. Combine all this with a welcoming and efficient staff and this hotel is a good one. Many restaurants within walking distance as well. They could use some feather pillows.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thanks so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I am so happy you enjoyed your apartment like suite. Those fully equipped kitchens come in handy for our guests who are here on long projects. Our staff here is extremely proud of our service, and I look forward to sharing your great comments with them. We look forward to seeing you again.
Bardstown, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had another great stay at this Inn. Sam at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Our lodging was like a small apartment and very spacious & comfortable. Bed was comfortable but with too many pillows that ended up on the floor. Chose not to have breakfast because of the steps. I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites last week and this Inn is much better but the snacks are very expensive. I guess they think since you are there, you will just pay it. I went to a grocery and stocked up!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luke M
Dear Luke,
Thanks you for another great review! I'm glad you enjoy our spacious rooms! The new beds really make a difference, and all of our guests are sleeping well! We hope you come back soon and see us!
Cadiz, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I grew up in Louisville and remember when this place was built. I moved away years ago and traveled back this week for work. I was very impressed with the way they have been able to maintain the property. The rooms are updated, quiet and very clean. Will be back

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thanks so much for your review! As the "original" Residence Inn in Louisville, our unique layout provides our guests with that "apartment-like" feel. We take great pride in keeping our property looking fresh, and we appreciate your comments. I hope to see you back again when your travels bring you back to Louisville.
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn for almost 3 months running November 2013 - January 2014. The hotel staff was great. everyone learned my name very quickly. The breakfast was really good there. Brenda is an excellent cook. I was often upgraded to a loft. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room. You can hear the person above you walking.