“An absolutely fabulous hotel experience!”

Residence Inn Louisville East
Ranked #43 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This establishment is immaculate. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure a pleasant stay. Complimentary dinners are delicious and our host, Sediqa, was very gracious and accomodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for a pleasant experience with a homey feeling.

• Stayed: April 2014
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Wow, thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased you were able to take advantage of our complimentary dinners served Monday through Wednesday. Sediqa does an excellent job! We hope to see you soon, when your travels bring you again to our fantastic city!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Residence Inn while visiting my daughter in Ky. Her place is very small, so we have to get a hotel. First of all, I asked when we checked in if it would be Ok if my grandsons stayed with us while we were there and if I should pay extras for them to have the free breakfast. The manager kiddingly smacked me and said absolutely not! She actually made a point to stop and meet my grandsons the first morning they were there.
The room was CLEAN and very spacious. The staff from start to finish were the friendliest my husband and I have ever experienced during our travels. In fact, we commented how the "high end", expensive hotels should take training from this place on how to treat your guests.
I wished I would have caught all of their names, but the only staff that I did was Brenda who prepared the breakfast. She was a warm and friendly lady, who gave me grandsons special attention by giving the chocolate for their milk, whipped cream for their pancakes, and sent them off the last morning with a container of chocolate chip cookies. All of the food that was available was very good! I really cannot believe what you get for the price of this place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for your TripAdvisor review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your grandsons on your recent visit. I agree, Brenda certainly has a way of making our guests feel welcome and at home. I hope you will come back soon, and make sure you bring your grandsons by for breakfast!

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed a week and found the Residence Inn very nice. Found it a bit odd that there were separate buildings for the number of rooms. Room itself was good size, open concept. Full kitchen with everything you need to cook a meal. They will even grocery shop for you if you give then a list. Breakfast was wonderful, all the time supervised by Miss Brenda. A small evening meal was offered Monday thru Wednesday. Walls are thin, you can clearly hear your neighbor. My only wish was to have more seating outside than picnic bench. Granted when I was there it was chilly so it might come out later. Staff was great. Thanks for a great week.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thanks so much for your review! We love the features of our "original" Residence Inn. I hope you can return this summer, after we have had a chance to put out our wonderful lawn and pool furniture. Hurry back!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Reservation was made by the staff at the last Residence Inn I was at. Only stayed one night, just to break up the drive. A bit pricier than I am used to for Residence Inns. Had to reset the microwave before it would work. Take note, most restaurants nearby close no later than 10 PM so if you arrive late, dinner could be a problem.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front seem quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Franklin,

Thanks for posting a review. As I mentioned at checkout, that lock out of the microwave was a first for us on the property! So sorry it happened. Hope you can come back soon to visit.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My Husband and I traveled to Louisville for business. Yvette Made us feel like we were at home. She is so amazingly uplifting you can't help but have a wonderful day when you see her. She is doing an above and beyond job. Brenda was so warm and friendly, she always started our day with a great breakfast and lovely smile. I would take them both home with me if I could. This hotel is truly blessed to have these two amazing women taking such excellent care of guests. We will most certainly stay here again, if for nothing else to see both of them again. Thank you so much for lovely stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. We are truly fortunate to have such a caring staff here, and I will pass on your compliments to both Yvette and Brenda. We hope to see you again when next you visit Louisville!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I go to Louisville often. This is our favorite Residence Inn due to the convenience and due to the staff. Yvette is the housekeeping manager, and she is beyond AWESOME! She is so warm and welcoming, and if you have any concerns or problems, SHE, herself, takes care of it. I've been coming to this hotel for 4 or 5 years now, and they take great care of us. The manager, Kristin, is super easy to deal with, Sam and Ron are my favorites at the front desk, Brenda in the breakfast area is super pleasant and just won an award for best service and Yvette is kind, helpful, gracious, warm and just wonderful! I am disappointed with the internet service, but I heard Kristin was working on that. It logged me out the entire time I was on it in their lobby--very frustrating. But, besides that, I can't rave enough about this hotel. The location is excellent to PF Changs and the mall. There's a Walgreens right behind the hotel and there is a shopping mall a few miles down Shelbyville Road. I wish they had a gym in this hotel, but they were very graciously provide you a pass to a gym 3 or so miles away. Thanks Kristin--you are an excellent manager and the service goes from the top down with people like you and Yvette!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! We so look forward to your weekend visits.......it is most assuredly like welcoming family! I have passed on to the staff your glowing review, and they were so proud and pleased. Looking forward to another visit in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Friends and I visited Louisville, KY, we all though it would be a normal stay at the hotel, but Brenda was really kind to guests. Her cooking was ravishing. Wish I could have stayed more days.lol We all were satisfied with the hotel's service as well. If there were be a next trip to Kentucky, we would book the same place again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your glowing review on TripAdvisor. I agree, Brenda is truly wonderful! I have passed on your review to the staff, who are pleased that we have "Residized" another guest! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Louisville.