“Made me happy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #83 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Oakland, California
“Made me happy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Some of the reviewers are harsh with their reviews. Staff definitely could use some training and right guidence but hats off to them for giving their best. Location was perfect for me and room was standard hotel room...what else one want? There are other upscale hotels in area if your budget is flexible. For me this was just fine. Ami and Sam, keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Lots of walking distance restaurants
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Markonroad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Troutville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

This place needs work! Holes in the walls, carpet was sticky and the beds, well if I had driven I would have slept in my car. Tubs are VERY old, moldy in spots as well as the rest of the bathroom area. Sink was so old it was cracked and so stained it appeared dirty. Stated shortly, this place needs work. I am surprised that Wyndham still allows them to fly the Days Inn flag. I hope never to stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Go to the Ramada!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

There was a convention in Louisville during the week, which had all of the hotels filled to overflowing. So, when I arrived in Louisville for a meeting the next day, this was the very last hotel with a room available... unless I wished to drived to Shelbyville, 30 miles away. As it turned out, I should have driven the 30 miles. There are good reasons why this was the very last hotel to be filled. They had only one room remaining, but it was a smoking room. I don't like smoking rooms because of the smell, but I can generally tolerate them for a night and I was by myself for a business meeting the next day. My needs are very simple when I am traveling alone, so I accepted the last room in the place. I am generally very happy with the Days Inn chain when I have stayed in others.The stench in this room was beyond anything I have ever encountered in 5 decades of traveling domestically and abroad. I have been in Cigar stores in Turkey that smelled better than this room. But, OK, I did agree to stay in it so I shouldn't complain, right? The next day I was asked by a business associate at the meeting, if I had started smoking because my clothes and hair smelled so bad just from the overnight stay in that room.

During check-in, the clerk and the signage repeatedly stated that they had a "Full Continental Breakfast" (oxymoron?) that I could visit the next day. When I appeared at the breakfast room the next morning at 08:00, I found it virtually empty. The dried up bagles were the size of a silver dollar. No spreads were avaiable to put on the dry bagles. There were 16 assorted pastries also the size of a silver dollar. There was an empty pot of coffee and a half-pitcher of milk to go with the corn flakes in the hopper-dispenser. That's it. That's the extent of the "full continental breakfast".
Yes, I got the special discounted rate of $135.00 and I am still airing-out my clothes and suitcase from the overnight stay in the stench and I am still smarting from the price of a hotel that is priced 3-times what it should be. Next time, if I find myself in a pinch for someplace to stay, I'll drive the 30 miles to another place rather than stay in a place like this.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Providence Forge, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Room 111 of this rundown Louisville motel was absolutely dirty and ill maintained with two twin beds that had burn holes in the blanket. A trip to the bathroom revealed a toilet that rocked on its base and had a view of the tub that had rust and/ or mold surrounding the junction of it and the walls and floor. A peek at the bathroom door as you closed youself in showed a large hole in the luan paneling at the bottom corner opposite the hinges. After dinner I managed to get a shower with my wife opting to go without. At 11 p.m., two or more occupants of the adjoining room arrived and began a shouting match filled with profanity and noise. I called the front desk who promissed to contact the people next door. I called again 10 minutes later when the noise escallated to a New Years Eve party level. When another few minutes passed with no abatement, I told my wife to get dressed and we left to tell management we wanted out and to give us a refund. After a few phone calls, they said that none of my $109 room charge could be returned. My wife and I drove to Winchester, KY to a wonderfully maintained, recently painted, and blessedly quiet Best Western (Country Squire) that charged ~$65 for the pleasure of a refreshingly clean room. I will, of course, NEVER stay in another Days Inn.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Days Inn.....try a local Best Western or Holiday Inn Express. Better yet, cal...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed here while visiting Lou,Ky and good service from the mgt and good service from the housekeeping. The bed comfortable, refrig kept things real cold didn't have problem. Nice shower.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ken F
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

After Booking a top secret room. I read the reviews and was horrified. But upon arrivail I came to the conclusion that the people that posted the negative reviews were wrong. forThe price I paid.Days Inn exceeded my expectations. We stayed on the 3rd floor and I did smell smoke but was at the end of the hall were the smoking rooms were, The pool was a welcoming 80 degrees. My husband and I usually go on a date once a week. We were both very satisfied with our stay and would reccomend this Hotel. Thanks to the great staff at The Days Inn Hurstborne. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The closer your nonsmoking room is on the North end of the Hotel the better.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Marion, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

This was the dirtiest, smelliest, mold infested, broken down hotel i have ever been in and that is being geneorous. We never knew if our trip in the broken down elevator was our last. The staff other than kim was rude, infact i spoke to the manager in the pool area where it echos and said hello and she never responded or looked my way. I know she was not deaf cause i heard her interacting with other people checking in. We could not turn on the shower due to the crappy faucet and then had to call front desk where she insisted that we were wrong and sent the housekeeper to our room to fix it after much doing she got the water on but we couldn't adjust the temp so my friend went to find her again she had to pop the knob off and tweek it with a screw driver. My friend bed sheets had what look to be vagina blood in her unwashed sheets there was burn holes in carpet. The room smelled like molded sock feet, the window didn't lock and to be honest there was a lot of crew workers there staying at the motel. I was scared to sleep. The hallways were filled with smoke but we were in a none smoking room. THIS IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY HOTEL. Shame on the owners.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business