“Not the worst place but you know what they did a good job”

Days Inn Hurstbourne
Ranked #82 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Oakland, New Jersey
“Not the worst place but you know what they did a good job”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I looked at the room when I arrived. What??? I asked the manager for a new room. She made the change immediately. I was on my way to the Kentucky Derby not on my honeymoon so I need a clean room and maybe something to eat in the morning. It did not disappoint. Was it the Marriott? NO. Was it living in a cardboard box? No. It was a comfy place to stay. The bathroom was a little unexpected. The fan was so loud I asked my friend to bring a flashlight into the bathroom as to not wake me up in the middle of the night. It was a loud fan to nowhere. The little bit of mold was a friendly reminder that I did not use my Interval International exchange...it was a good enough room. You get what you pay for. The manager tried. She explained they are in the middle of renovations so next year should be better. Would I stay there again..I do not know. What I can say is that it was safe and did the job.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Amy S, General Manager at Days Inn Hurstbourne, responded to this review, 19 May 2014

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 502-425-8010.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Delavan, Illinois
Reviewed 27 April 2014

OK, I did let Priceline book me into one of the deep discount deals and took the cheapest one I could find. So, maybe I deserved what I got. But if I was Priceline I wouldn't want to be associated with this particular hotel.

Let's list the good things first. The room itself was clean. The bed comfortable. And 2 out of 3 of the managers were pleasant people.

As for the third manager, even though we had already fully paid for our room, when I called to say that we had been delayed and that it would be after midnight before we arrived (because I had heard that Priceline rooms aren't always held after that), he told me that he would only hold it till 1:00 AM. Fortunately when we arrive a few minutes after 1 the new manager had no such problem. As I said, the room itself was clean, but the public spaces are not. The carpet is so worn that one can hardly push the luggage cart down the hall. The smell of cigarette smoke is so strong that it permeates the hallways, even outside supposedly NO SMOKING rooms. The wallpaper is not just pealing off the walls, it appears to have been ripped off in places. The ice machine on the 3rd floor did not work; there is none on the 2nd, so one has to go all the way to the lobby for ice. The air conditioner did not work and has broken control knobs. I opened the window and found that it had no screen. The batteries in the remote were shot. The pool, which is not located near any rooms, is only open from 10 AM to 10 PM. The breakfast consists of nothing more than danish, toast and cereal.

The location is convenient to things on the east side of town for those travelling through on I-64. There was some road noise, but it was not excessive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank turkce_bilmiyorum
Amy S, General Manager at Days Inn Hurstbourne, responded to this review, 18 May 2014

Sam Patel
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Ok. I've had decent experiences at days inn before but I'll never stay here again. The elevator sounds like it will die any moment, the coffee maker smelled like b.o., there was trash on the floor, and the towels were stained. The pool was ok, the hot tub looked a bit green and the switch was broken so it didn't bubble. The wallpaper is peeling in the halls and the whole place smells musty. It's just plain dirty. Do not recommend anyone stays here.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Erin B

we have all our rooms newly textured and painted as well majority of our rooms have new carpets installed and once we finished update to all our guest rooms we will be changing all hallway carpet and wall paint. To finished all update will take some time.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We booked this hotel because it was pet friendly.

Reviews regarding pets were both good and bad and we had concerns we might get charged for damages not done by us so we took pictures. The room turned out to be quite comfortable in spite of dated furniture and damages (chunk out of the carpet, hole in bathroom wall and apparent carpet cleaned due to pet access).

Continental breakfast was basic however we had some of our own food to augment their provisions.- bacon & cheese whiz to their toast and coffee - provided a sufficient breakfast prior to our day's travel.

Room included standard amenities - internet, TV, micro & fridge. Room was large and spacious, in spite of dated furniture. Very comfortable.

Would consider staying here again for the price.

Room Tip: If you have any mobility issues, request ground floor, outside / close to outside access.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport and Expo.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding hole in carpet in your room on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with maintenance and front desk guest service agent to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

WE HAVE NEW CARPET IN MAJORITY OF OUR ROOMS NOW and Thank you for your "HONEST FEED BACK", Guest like you is one of my respected guest who has APPRICIATE our services in other area by giving us 4 out of 5 points and only reported a actual problem that you had. Thank you very much for your honesty.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Louisville.
Virgilina, Va
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel was clean and smelled fresh. Some of the décor was a bit dated but yet some had been upgraded. The staff was very helpful and took good care of us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Me and my team really like to make you a our permanent guest when ever you visit to Louisville, KY and earn 5 out of 5 points from you all time.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one