“Cancelled my credit card reservation!!!”

Super 8 Louisville Airport
Ranked #84 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This Super 8, upon my arrival on October 1, 2013, tells me the hotel is fully booked. I made the reservation a week ago and held it with my credit card. Absolutely shocked at this type of business practice! Buyer beware on this hotel :(

• Stayed: October 2013
Rebecca S, Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for choosing Super 8. I apologize you were inconvenienced during your check-in process. It is our policy to never cancel credit card reservations unless asked to do so by the guest within the appropriate time frame. I apologize again there was an issue with this and hope you would contact me if you would like to address the issue further. Thank you for posting a review hope to hear from you soon.

A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed 18 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Rebecca S, Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Reviewed 17 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Our trip to Louisville was a short one (three nights) and we decided to book the Super8 because it is very near the airport and it was central to the places we had to go (family reunion, wedding) , and it fit our budget.
For all those who complain about this place not being high end , it is not! This is not advertised as a high end hotel. However, I found the room to be clean, the bed clean, the bathroom clean and comfortable overall for what we needed, just a place to sleep while we went to the activities we had planned.
Everything is very basic, there was no closet (see my pics) therefore no safe in room. The place needs and could use some improvements but it is not rundown, it's all in the details and a better motivated staff. If you're going to be a small basic hotel that offers a place to sleep for cheap why not be the best? You don't have to be a five star but at least take pride and pay attention to detail.
The hallways smelled of cigarettes constantly, so be aware, even though it clearly says NO SMOKING in rooms.
One thing I will strongly complain about is that if you advertise that breakfast is included please honor it. They had this room with three table and folding chairs, a counter with coffee and not a lot, I didn't get any, just decaf cause they ran out of regular, no one replaced anything. No fruit or milk. They had some packaged old cinnamon rolls that didn't taste very good and they had frozen waffles (gross) and a little fridge with tiny 4oz yogurts, that is not breakfast, so you should either NOT advertise it or improve it. But let's be honest we didn't go there for the breakfast but it is still deceiving. Will we be going there again? Probably not. I already know how lazy your staff is and I will risk going somewhere else next time I'm in Louisville.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. Here at Super 8 we want our guests to have the best stay possible in every aspect. I am glad to hear your room was satisfactory, however I apologize for our breakfast not being stocked properly during your stay. Our food is always fresh as breakfast is a very important part of everyone's day, and it is also a vital part of our hotel. Once again I apologize your breakfast experience was not up to par. Comments such as your keep us striving to make the guest experience better each time and I hope you choose Super 8 again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed a week during the Worlds Championship Horse show. Overall it was ok. Bed was good in our room. I had left a file folder with all our airport info and trip details in the room and when I went back they said it wasn't there. I know exactly where I left it. There was never any ice on the ground floor and no pop in the pop machine. Cleaning was hit and miss. I would however stay there again for the price we paid.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Louisville Airport. I am pleased to hear you were happy with your room! I apologize the ice machine was down during your stay and it has since been fixed, also we keep a lost and found, please feel free to contact us any time and we will mail any found items. Thank you for posting a review and I hope you continue to stay with Super 8!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Needs major maint. mold In bathroom, ceiling bowed ,cot (no extra charge) had what appeared to be blood on it ,Ice machine didn't work, juice machine leaked , overall this is a 50.00 a nite motel, you get what you pay for we would not stay here again, although we have stayed at good Super 8s in the past ,we will be more selective in the future reeked of cigarette smoke

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I apologize that you had experienced some maintenance problems. Unfortunately our ice and juice machines were down at the time but have since been repaired, and I am sorry you were inconvenienced during your stay. Also, steps have been taken to address the other maintenance problems. At Super 8 your comments such as yours keep us striving to make the guest experience better each time. I hope you continue to stay with Super 8 in the future.