Super 8 Louisville Airport
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Checked in on the 4th of July. The fella that checked us in was polite...courteous. Gave us a lower rate than he originally quoted us. My brother and I were working a shutdown at the Kentucky Truck Plant and needed one more night past our last motel we rented for a week.

The room was non smoking but had a smoke smell to it. I had just checked in and checked out of a room up the road within about 10 min and was tired and needed to sleep after a long 14 hr day of work and just decided the smell I would just deal with. The bed was comfy...clean bedding. The floor was a little worn and tatered with burn holes and stains but kept my socks on. It was average at best but would stay here again in a pinch. I suspect that not all the non smoking rooms were like mine so I would come back. The courteous service made the difference for sure!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Russell T, General Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

I appreciate your taking the time to provide us with a review following your stay. Our knowledge of what our guest experience is crucial to our ability of making improvements that best benefit the guest. We will strive to improve the issues faced regarding another guest smoking in one of our guest rooms for we are an all non-smoking hotel. As for the courteous service I am very much delighted to know that we could deliver on that aspect of your stay. We are in the hospitality business and that is just what we want you to experience. Please let me know if you return to Louisville for another Ford truck plant shutdown and I will assure complete satisfaction of both rooms and service. Thanks, Russell Toebbe – General Manager Super 8 Louisville Airport.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

OK, so we took a chance on a hotel so close to the airport due to the convenience to our route. AMAZINGLY, the air traffic did not bother us at all! Check-in was pleasant, the location IS very convenient, and it all worked out pretty well....until the morning.
SOMEONE was having a terrible time getting and keeping the breakfast items stocked. The selection was the poorest of any we had seen, and nearly everything was low or gone, even very early on.
On the other end, the beds, as in most Wyndham properties, were very comfortable. The TV service was almost hideous (it took a long time for channels to change and "lock in"), and there were less room amenities than some other properties have had.
If you want a value place to stay, convenient to the airport or the Interstate, this will do the job.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us here at the Super 8 Louisville Airport. We appreciate not only your positive mentions but also letting us know what opportunities we have to focus on for improvement. I am taking your review of our breakfast service and selection to heart and am applying some new items as well as assuring our staff is attentive to everyone’s needs. As for the bedding I as well notice Wyndham brands having much comfort making for an enjoyable sleeping experience. On the television service side I will work with our maintenance team and local service provider to maximize the best experience possible for all our guest. Thanks again, and if you are back through to Louisville Metro area please stop in and mention you review for a special discount. Russell Toebbe - General Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great location as far as expressways and the airport. If you're flying in or out of Louisville this would be OK for one night. Old, stale smelling room. Hole through bathroom door. Front desk staff great. Breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Russell T, General Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review following your stay with us here at the Super 8 Louisville Airport. The location is easily acceptable off I-65 in the heart of the Louisville Metro area and we appreciate your noting this positive aspect. I will let the staff know that they were praised for their hospitality and as the General Manager will seek opportunities to increase our breakfast experience. If you are ever back in the Louisville Metro area please stop by again for another stay and mention your Tripadvisor review for a special discount. Thanks, Russell Toebbe - General Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2014

When we pulled into the back parking lot to park, there were numerous sketchy people sitting in and on cars drinking and other things. We did not feel safe parking back there, so we parked in front. The check in person acted like we interupted something important and seemed disinterested in helping us beyond giving me a key.
I did not feel safe letting my 13 year old daughter get ice or go to the vending machines by herself because of the number of people "hanging out around the hotel". This may have been just because it was a holiday weekend, but it was un-nerving.
Positives were that the room was clean and the air worked VERY well. It was also quiet even with the close proximity to the airport.
The hotel booking site would not take my review because of the above info. Hopefully tripadvisor will post it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel because of the price and location although their price is similar to many hotels that we stayed at while in louisville.

We were placed in a room on the 2nd floor non smoking and it reeked of smoke. We moved to the first floor where our ac unit didn't work properly and it was very damp in the room.

Wasn't worth the money at all I would have much rather stayed in a red roof inn or anything else really. We were very close to leaving and going somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple