“"VERY PLEASED"”

Ranked #65 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Scottsboro, Alabama
“"VERY PLEASED"”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I recently stayed 3 days and nights at this hotel. I was greeted at check-in by David that was very pleasureable to speak with. David helped with my reservations with ease. When i arrived at the room my key didn't work correctly, and had to go back dow to the desk and asked for assistance. He politly informed me that it be only a moment and he could help me. David took the time to leave his busy counter and escorted me to the room wher he instructed me on the proper way to use the key and open the door by turning the knob a certain way. As I entered the room I could not believe how large the room was, a huge King bed, a sofa sleeper, desk with all hook ups for a computer, and a conservative size bathroom.
I had the privilage of visiting the resturant the next morning and the food was excellant. The group that I was with had our training nsessions at the hotel Preakness Room (very nice). We were served lunch all three days during our training. The meals could not have been any better, there were lots and it was Master chef style foods. I would definitely return to this holiday inn during my travels. I only have one question, the citrus mint face and body soap was so good to my skin, where can I purchase some for myself?
Rick M

Room Tip: Room that are in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Chris N, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Louisville Fair & Expo Center, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Rickey M,

Thank you for your kind words. It is our pleasure to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible. The meetings your company had was also a delight for us as we were able to make a group happy and well fed. The soap that you are refering to is through Bath and Body Works, however, if you contact me at the hotel I am more than happy to send some your way.

Chris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Huntingdon
Reviewed 12 August 2013

After acquiring this hotel with a great rate on Hotwire, we were not sure what to expect. The area is not the best but the staff is! They were so helpful in giving directions, and even printing them off for us! The rooms have been updated and were clean. You are greeted with fresh fruit water and coffee with flavored creamers... a plus in my book! Although breakfast does not come with your stay, a Bob Evans is nearby. So if you are planning to explore the Louisville area, it is very close to the interstate, a clean hotel and most of all very friendly and exceptional customer service!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Natalie J
Chris N, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Louisville Fair & Expo Center, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Tim J.

Welcome to the Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest family! I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay. Our goal is to make every guest that comes through our doors like a family member and from you review I see you are just that, our newest member. I am sorry you opted for Bob Evans instead of our restaurant, however there is always next stay and I will evern prepare your meal myself!
Janesville
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed here as a layover on the way home to Wisconsin. The hotel is located on the southwest side of town...not the greatest area. Given we were tired from all of our travels we opted to stay at the hotel for dinner and drinks as well.

Upon check in Issac was most cordial and had us on our way to our room in no time. The room was a nice king size room, clean and had been updated. The bed was a bit hard but once I got my weary bones moving it was fine.

As I said we opted to have a drink and a bite to eat at the hotel restaurant. Cory was another exceptionally cordial employee and was a delight to chat with. I have no complaints for this hotel. Just prepare yourself for not the greatest area of Louisville.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scuber
Scuber,

I have always said in this business it isnt where you are but how you are treated that will stand out and I am pleased to have read your review. Issac and Corey are thrilled to have been named in your review as they are exceptional employees and always go above and beyond for our guest. Thank you for staying with us and if you are ever in the neighborhood again, please stop by and see your new family!
Winnsboro
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The hotel is great! Entire staff, from front desk to housekeeping, maintenance, and restaurant is friendly, outgoing, and customer oriented. The room is clean, everything works as it is supposed to work, the bed is comfortable, and the pillows are excellent. The pool and pool area are wonderful, clean and large. Plenty of room and not too noisy. The food in the restaurant is outstanding. Best burger I have ever had, and great conversation area.

A special thanks to Mariah at the desk for making our stay so nice!

The pet policy is reasonable and our puppy was welcome everywhere but in the restaurant and pool area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tommy B
Tommy B.

Thank you for the kind words. We focus on our guest and take pride in making them feel like part of our family at Holiday Inn Southwest. I am glad you were able to relax by our indoor heated pool as well as eating in our restaurant with the almost world famous burger ;)
Bee Spring, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My family and I recently visited Louisville for the weekend. Our hotel stay was very pleasant. I was impressed with the hotel. It was very clean and our children enjoyed the indoor pool. Most of all I was impressed with how friendly the staff was.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rmsaltsman
Chris N, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Louisville Fair & Expo Center, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
rmsaltsman,

We believe in "southern hosiptality" at the Holiday Inn Southwest and trul believe in the motto, what the guest wants, the guest receives. I am thrilled your children enjoyed our indoor heated pool. If you are ever in the Louisville area again, please remember us!

Indianapolis
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was not aware that hotels still had smoking rooms which i was booked into one and could tell right away. I went back down to the desk and was given a non smoking room without a problem. The hotel experience was very wonderful. The people there were very helpful and enjoyed being there. I will stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Erik L,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We strive at Holiday Inn Southwest to please EVERY guest, Every time! I am pleased you had a wonderful stay and welcome you back the next time you are in town!

At your service,
Nashvegas, TN
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Stayed March 2013 for 2 nights in king room with couch. This is located in a good location for business and other access. Older property that has been updated which is easy to tell based on the wide hallways on the room floors and the older, but repainted, fire safety doors with service cart rub strips found midway down the room floor hallways.

The room furnishings are nice designs but the couch could have used some cleaning at minimum or re upholstery. The bed, other furniture and desk equipment were good.Since it is an older property the bathroom is quite small (but functional) while the room hallway/clothes hanging/closet space is huge. The room was a good average clean. My room was not one that had a microwave or refrigerator. The curtains seemed to have one or two of their top hooks broken but still functioned.

The elevators were clean but one smelled like hydraulic fluid which didn't inspire confidence.

On the first morning we tried to get the breakfast but were told that breakfast only served if the hotel was 85% or above occupancy. This was not explained in advance so we had to go to a Bob Evans restaurant down the road for breakfast. We saw the small lobby bar but did not use it a there was a large liquor store located about a block away.

When we stayed at the hotel, there seemed to be some scruffy-looking, long-term stay people whose job site work was rained out so they were hanging around reading newspapers and occasionally shooting the bull with the desk clerks but that was not the hotel's fault. There seemed to be a low level of sketchiness about the surrounding area but nothing that worried us as the parking lot was well lit. It is on a highway so you will hear some noise from passing emergency vehicle sirens but no noise issues otherwise.

Room Tip: 2nd floor or above.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Cottonwood Suites Louisville Fair & Expo Center, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear econobiker,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered during your stay with us. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.